• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrc

Devinda_Z

Drivers' championship standings

After 6 rounds

1. M. HIRVONEN 43

2. S. LOEB 40

3. C. ATKINSON 31

4. J. LATVALA 24

5. D. SORDO 21

6. G. GALLI 17

7. H. SOLBERG 11

8. P. SOLBERG 9

9. F. VILLAGRA 8

10. M. WILSON 7

11= F. DUVAL 5

11= C. RAUTENBACH 5

13. A. MIKKELSEN 4

14= T. GARDEMEISTER 2

14= J. CUOQ 2

16= P. ANDERSSON 1

16= J. HÄNNINEN 1

16= U. AAVA 1

16= A. AIGNER 1

16= S. OGIER 1

Manufacturers' championship standings

After 6 rounds

1. BP FORD ABU DHABI WORLD RALLY TEAM 71

2. CITROEN TOTAL WRT 64

3. SUBARU WORLD RALLY TEAM 42

4. STOBART VK M-SPORT FORD RALLY TEAM 34

5. MUNCHI'S FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM 16

6. SUZUKI WORLD RALLY TEAM 7

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Impreza World Rally Car (WRC2008) will make its WRC debut on the next rally of the series - the Acropolis Rally of Greece.

sti10wrckx0.jpg

sti10wrckx0.4ee93b1eb7.jpg

sti10wrc2md8.jpg

sti10wrc2md8.8ae95ac8de.jpg

Hopefully this car will change the fortunes@SWRT, given that the last time Subaru won a rally satge it was waaay back in 2005 if i'm not mistaken! :(

The new Impreza World Rally Car (WRC2008) will make its WRC debut on the next rally of the series - the Acropolis Rally of Greece.

sti10wrckx0.jpg

sti10wrckx0.4ee93b1eb7.jpg

sti10wrc2md8.jpg

sti10wrc2md8.8ae95ac8de.jpg

Hopefully this car will change the fortunes@SWRT, given that the last time Subaru won a rally satge it was waaay back in 2005 if i'm not mistaken! :(

Good thing that they are changing. actually I was watching the last round of WRC and petter solberg was cursing cos the car wouldnt do what he wanted and he even went to the extent of not speaking to the journalists.

Good thing that they are changing. actually I was watching the last round of WRC and petter solberg was cursing cos the car wouldnt do what he wanted and he even went to the extent of not speaking to the journalists.

even though i was a bit skeptical about the initial design i acutally think it looks really hot now in wrc disguise

Edited by darinwrxsti

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/e/GPN/impreza_gpn08/movie.html

check the link for videos in the development and unveiling of the WRC car

Enough of the cars beauty or otherwise. Lets honestly do hope that this car will change Subaru's recent fortunes in WRC. Its been sometime since they have got to a noteworthy position having been palgued with mechanical trouble.

BTW I was wondering what has happened to the Evo's?? Seen them on other rallies but not in the WRC. Anything on that guys??

BTW I was wondering what has happened to the Evo's?? Seen them on other rallies but not in the WRC. Anything on that guys??

I think they are not financially healthy enough for a full assault on the WRC. Only a few years ago they almost went bust. Maybe in a couple of years time they'll be ready.

I think they are not financially healthy enough for a full assault on the WRC. Only a few years ago they almost went bust. Maybe in a couple of years time they'll be ready.

Maybe they are concentrating more on paris-dakar... Its been awhile till a Jap make made a difference in the rally scene. Suzuki doesnt seem to be having a good time in WRC, although they have been good at the JWRC with their Swift.

No Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan or Mazda..

I think its time that some one ended the Ford / Citroen monopoly.

Maybe they are concentrating more on paris-dakar... Its been awhile till a Jap make made a difference in the rally scene. Suzuki doesnt seem to be having a good time in WRC, although they have been good at the JWRC with their Swift.

No Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan or Mazda..

I think its time that some one ended the Ford / Citroen monopoly.

I guess so. Racing is always a drain on resources especially if the 'halo' does not rub off on the lesser models. Mitsu will probably find it hard to survive as an independent in the long term given their financial health and size.

Yes it's boring when only one or two teams are dominant. But that guy Loeb is so good.

Toyota is in F1 and underperforming there, so I doubt they'll come into WRC. Maybe they don't need to now that they have some influence over Subaru.

Mazda - Parent company Ford would not like as they are winning now.

Nissan - yes they should. They have no motorsport programme and they are making decent money - but they don't have a suitable car I think. Parent Renault is in the IRC I believe with the Clio.

I'd like to see Lancia return with a 3 door version of the new Delta. But then again it might become boring given the scale of their past success. I recently got a DVD about the Delta Integrale - "Greatest Rally car of all Time". The dominance is almost boring...... Despite Toyotas and Carlos Sainzs' best efforts.

I think what WRC needs is a Bernie Ecclestone to make a real show out of it just like F1.

Nissan - yes they should. They have no motorsport programme and they are making decent money - but they don't have a suitable car I think. Parent Renault is in the IRC I believe with the Clio.

Not too hopeful between Renaults involvement in F1 and Nissan's heavy involvement in SuperGT. And Ghosn's attitude towards racing doesn't help. Besides, what out of the current crop of models do you see in Rally? Even the Accent WRC sounds more appealing than the Tiida WRC.

Not too hopeful between Renaults involvement in F1 and Nissan's heavy involvement in SuperGT. And Ghosn's attitude towards racing doesn't help. Besides, what out of the current crop of models do you see in Rally? Even the Accent WRC sounds more appealing than the Tiida WRC.

Maybe they should bring back the Sunny / Pulsar name..... on the Tida. And maybe tida WRC will catch up with time.

Maybe Toyota have already proven a point in saying that their vehicles stand the test of time in real life unlike some which do well in rallying and will be terrible when it comes to issues.

Bringing in Mazda would be nice cos they'll be very competitive with the Ford's. They maybe from the same stable but it will ad some more competitiveness in to it.

GTAm , machang Loeb is good but he wins not only becos he's good. It is the mix of good driver and good car that wins. Good example is the paris-dakar last year. The VW's were going really good but when the vehicle gave up that was the end of it.

Anyway it was nice to see what a good driver Loeb is when you consider the fact that he was doing the sweeping duties on the last two days.. Remember Miko was having problems on day 1 cos he went in first, but caught up brilliantly on the last two days along with Latvala.

Yes bring on the Lancia's it will be exciting with them all and will be better than a two horse race.

SuperGT is a Japanese series? I don't see it on the FIA site. Yeah Ghosn's not really keen on racing, and wants to see tangible proof that racing well bring economic benefit. We'd have to respect that idea from the guy who rescued Nissan from bankrutpcy not long ago.....

Tiida WRC YUK :o !!! Your right, it'll be time to switch off the Telly. But what about a 4WD Z with a 4 pot TT? It'll be like the Celica GT4. Audi Quattro Coupe, Lancia 037 etc and they all won!

Maybe Toyota have already proven a point in saying that their vehicles stand the test of time in real life unlike some which do well in rallying and will be terrible when it comes to issues.

Bringing in Mazda would be nice cos they'll be very competitive with the Ford's. They maybe from the same stable but it will ad some more competitiveness in to it.

GTAm , machang Loeb is good but he wins not only becos he's good. It is the mix of good driver and good car that wins. Good example is the paris-dakar last year. The VW's were going really good but when the vehicle gave up that was the end of it.

Anyway it was nice to see what a good driver Loeb is when you consider the fact that he was doing the sweeping duties on the last two days.. Remember Miko was having problems on day 1 cos he went in first, but caught up brilliantly on the last two days along with Latvala.

Yes bring on the Lancia's it will be exciting with them all and will be better than a two horse race.

Manufacturers usually go racing to improve image, gain a sporting image it helps if Racing is in the companies DNA as with say most Italians, BMW and Audi. What Toyota has proved is that can only win when there's very little competition as in their WRC years.

They were very unlucky in Le Mans though. I remember there was a year when they were leading a comfortable 1-2 (hardly any competition) very close to the finish when both cars developed gearbox problems and a private team Porsche won. How that contrasts with Audi 8 wins in a row (9 with the Bentley) in the V10 TDI R8. BMW before that, Jaguar......And how Mazda won it with a relatively small budget...!

Yes the C4 is very good, but I think Loeb is very special, just like Carlos Sainz. Remember how he won in the ancient Xsara when the competition was all much newer.

SuperGT is a Japanese series? I don't see it on the FIA site. Yeah Ghosn's not really keen on racing, and wants to see tangible proof that racing well bring economic benefit. We'd have to respect that idea from the guy who rescued Nissan from bankrutpcy not long ago.....

Tiida WRC YUK :o !!! Your right, it'll be time to switch off the Telly. But what about a 4WD Z with a 4 pot TT? It'll be like the Celica GT4. Audi Quattro Coupe, Lancia 037 etc and they all won!

SuperGT is the new name for the old JGTC series. They renamed it coz they run a race in Sepang and have tried other destinations outside Japan too. I think the US was one.

This is quite probably what the next incarnation of the Ford Focus RS is gonna look like - it'll be out hunting the new Impreza come sometime late next year

Nice. But I hear it's going to be 280bhp through the front wheels :o !!!!

Well Mr. Loeb does it again.... guess who comes second??? Mr. Petter Solberg in the new Impreza...

So it seems that Mr. Loeb has won all the rallies he finished this season, its been 10 points or no points. That alone shows his class.

GTam, remeber you saying that Loeb was special specially with the old Xsara, machang correct me if I'm wrong, he had to sit out of the last rally that year with a broken shoulder after a mountain biking accident.

Anyway here are the results.

1st Sebastian Loeb - Citroen C4 3:54:54.7

2nd Petter Solberg - Subaru Impreza +1:09.5

3rd Mikko Hirvonen - Ford Focus +1:56.1

4th Urmo Avva - Citroen C4 Privateer +4:19:7

5th Danni Sordo - Citroen C4 +4:49.4

6th Mathew Wilson - Ford Focus +6:11.3

7th Jari-Matti Latvala - Ford Focus + 6:47.5

8th Hennin Solberg - Ford Focus +9:14.0

9th Toni Gardmeister - Suzuki SX4 +10:13.8

10th Conrad Rautenbach - Citroen C4 +10:13.8

Anyway here's what wrc.com says.