• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323

Upesh

Hey Guys,

Last couple of days, I post so many questions and all of you were really help me by providing answers.

Can someone let me know, what’s the best option out of these two?

HONDA CITY - Manual – (2001) - 1500cc

MAZDA 323 - Manual – (2000/2001) - 1500cc

I'm looking for fuel consumption, maintenance cost, price range of the vehicle.

Thanks Again.....

Have a good day...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Last couple of days, I post so many questions and all of you were really help me by providing answers.

Can someone let me know, what’s the best option out of these two?

HONDA CITY - Manual – (2001) - 1500cc

MAZDA 323 - Manual – (2000/2001) - 1500cc

I'm looking for fuel consumption, maintenance cost, price range of the vehicle.

Thanks Again.....

Have a good day...

Y.O.M. 200/2001

City,

Country of origin= Thailand or India

Fuel = 11-12 km/l in colombo

Spare parts = freely available and prices are average

Agent = very good and provide a good service

Mazda 323

Used imported cars are 1600cc only B/N imported ones are 1500cc

Country of origin = Japan

Fuel = 8-9 km/L in colombo

Spare parts = Freely available and not expensive.

Agent = Ridiculous

Mazda 323 (1600cc) one is really loving to drive with a good pulling power.

I think Jaga has given you a very good break down of the two options available.

Both are very good cars. The Honda is gonna be more expesnive to buy and parts are also a bit more expensive in comparison to a Mazda.

For the budget you will get a newer Mazda than a Honda I feel.

But hey I am the founder prez of the MazdaFord club...so am a bit biased lol.

good luck and if u buy the Mazzie, join us for the drive & river bath on the 30th.

:rolleyes:

Mazda 323 for sure!!!! I'm a bit biased but then I'm sure so many others can vouch for this as well. :)

comfortable ride, good fuel economy, super steady handling, reasonable maintenance costs etc.

Go For the 323 mate. it's got looks. 323 specifically got more ground clearance ( best suited for our roads) well built car than a City (Made in Japan). (Don't forget there's MFOC guys around, so you can get any help required and that would solve the prob with the agents ;) )

Hi Everyone,

Very useful information.. Thanks...

I'm currently in the market looking to purchase a Mazda myself...

Looking for:

Mazda Familia or 323 ( i take that Familia is the better of the 2 - if not let me know)...

AUTO and Full option with a 1.5ltr engine

prefer year 2000 or close to that ... (i dont think i can get a better year for my budget) :)

Colour - Gold or Silver ... ( without white)

well i have been checking autolanka for mazda's but didn't find one a liked

If you guys have any cars which fit my criteria let me know through this thread...

Thanks in Advance

Thanks a lot guys...

I have another question.

Is Mazda Familia and Mazda 323 are two different things?

Try to get your self a 1600cc 323.. Also note that the Mazda has better build quality, compared to the Honda City (Thailand version). You can clearly notice this if you compare the interior of the cars. Some versions of 323 dont come with air bags.

Some versions of 323 dont come with air bags.

Adding to Bugatti’s comments – there no difference in the quality of built between the Familia & 323 – just some options differ as mentioned – no airbags in the 323.

I own a 323 with 1600cc and it’s a blast to drive – both models are made in Japan though the 323 comes recon from Sing.

I have no experience in ever driving a Honda City but if it’s from Taiwan/ India I’m sure it can’t beat the Japanese quality.

Hi guys.

Just a quick question. If one was to compare a EK3 vs 322/ Familia which would come on top.

Areas sort are

1. Reasonable maintenance cost

2. Fuel consumption

3. Performance

4. Resale value

Thanks all.

Am in the process of trying to sell my car so wanna know what's the better buy. (so far I've considered the EK3, P11, Fit)

Cheers

Hi guys.

Just a quick question. If one was to compare a EK3 vs 322/ Familia which would come on top.

Areas sort are

2. Fuel consumption

3. Performance

4. Resale value

Thanks all.

Am in the process of trying to sell my car so wanna know what's the better buy. (so far I've considered the EK3, P11, Fit)

Cheers

EK3 :)

As per Samishka,

Mazda Familia - Domestic Model

Mazda 323 - Export Model

So what is the best thing to buy?

I think Japs putting good care in to the vehicles than the people in Singapore.

Familia is comming with Air bags and 1500cc also with low ground clearence.

Most 323"s imported ones don't have air bags and 1600 cc with a good ground clearence.

excellent pulling power.

I prefer 323 1600cc one. After Y.O.M. 2003 it is also equipped with air bags i think.

As per Samishka,

Mazda Familia - Domestic Model

Mazda 323 - Export Model

So what is the best thing to buy?

I think Japs putting good care in to the vehicles than the people in Singapore.

Mate

Both Mazda Models are manufactured in Japan – Though the 323 is an export model and comes from Sing does not mean it’s made in Singapore.

Agree the 1.6 CC has an excellent pulling power even with 4 average size adults – and yes good ground clearance needed in our lovly roads

Very interesting topic !!!

I was cleared from wrong impresion( given by some car sales buggers) that all 323 are assembled in Singapore.Also, I am compelled to believe that no recon. familia (1500 cc) comes in manual and its always 1300 cc in manual gears.

But I 've seen most of B/N familias comes in 1300 engine.

Appreciate if someone can shed some lights here...pls

Hi guys.

Areas sort are

2. Fuel consumption

3. Performance

4. Resale value

Thanks all.

Cheers

maintenance i think both cars are reasonable

fule consumption is much better on EK3

performance is similar unless its a VI or a VIRS which has a better pulling power.

resale value will obviousely higher for a honda.

I was cleared from wrong impresion( given by some car sales buggers) that all 323 are assembled in Singapore.Also, I am compelled to believe that no recon. familia (1500 cc) comes in manual and its always 1300 cc in manual gears.

I drive a Familia 1500cc Manual... Reconditioned, imported from Japan. What ever was brought down Brand New by Car mart, was the 323 in both 1300cc and 1500cc..

Hi Kumara A

YES these Buggers have given you B/S

323/& Familia are both made in Japan – shall look at taking a pic of my car reg/plate

There are re-cons which are 1.5cc and manual – Tough I do admit finding one is hard as I spent 2 ½ months looking for mine

Yes there are loads of 1.3 CC but the best would be a 1.5

Mate

Both Mazda Models are manufactured in Japan – Though the 323 is an export model and comes from Sing does not mean it’s made in Singapore.

i think what Upesh meant by his statement was that japanies people take good care of their cars compared to singaporeans. and i agree with him.

YES these Buggers have given you B/S

323/& Familia are both made in Japan – shall look at taking a pic of my car reg/plate

'car sale bugger' is somewhat correct. certain bits and bobs are actually assembled in singapore.

i think what Upesh meant by his statement was that japanies people take good care of their cars compared to singaporeans. and i agree with him.

mmm if that's the case could be true - but then again depends on the person owning the car and sending it - I was told that most car sale guys do a comperte touch up & pain job etc...

'car sale bugger' is somewhat correct. certain bits and bobs are actually assembled in singapore.

Ya in that sense - aren’t all cars have some bit & bob from somewhere - I was referring to the actual manufacturing - such as made in Japan

Ya in that sense - aren’t all cars have some bit & bob from somewhere - I was referring to the actual manufacturing - such as made in Japan

machang, my bad for not clearly explaining what falls under 'bits and bobs' in the first place.

most of the cars coming from singa has a similar fate to what Rexton/Acton go through in sri lanka. a major portion of the car is actually assembled in singapore and certain parts are locally manufactured or imported from a different source compared to the japanese version/model. more obviously visible bits and bobs are the leather seats, security system etc.