• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing Shocks

Uditha88

Question

12 answers to this question

Car two back shock absorbers are week now. Want to replace now. Should I use New or used?

If I'm going for new, heard KYB is the best? Can I know where the Agent located?

Car Details:

Nissan Presea 1996

KYB agent is TAAS Agencies, however you can try using re-conditioned ones at Mareena, Wattala or Battaramulla Cost effective (30% - 40%)and gets the job done.

Always recommend a new one and KYB.

Visit KYB agents Taas,20 Hyde Park corner (off Ibbanwala Junc).Tel 2332188,4940139.

Mareena stuffed shocks are hard,not really giving an absorbing effect.(I tried one and lost faith).Cheap..true that but not really serving the purpose.

MINIACE

Visit KYB agents Taas,20 Hyde Park corner (off Ibbanwala Junc).Tel 2332188,4940139.

Mareena stuffed shocks are hard,not really giving an absorbing effect.(I tried one and lost faith).Cheap..true that but not really serving the purpose.

MINIACE

True when these are re-conditioned they dont really perform the same way they did when new as these wear and re-conditioning doesnt really take it back to its original state. The ones that Mini tried were probably overfilled of maybe the density of the hydraulic fluid was higher than the original giving the firmer ride. Best thing to do is get new ones.

MINIACE

Mini, I had two of my friends recondition theirs and they actually did a good job. Guess there must have been bad apples along the way. But one guy had his FB 15 running for last 12 months with no issues.

True, nothing beats a set of BNew ones. But if one is hard for cash and needs a temporary fix, Mareena would be teh best place. Pity we dont have other brands like Monroe or Tokico freely available in SL.

Edited by VVTi

Car two back shock absorbers are week now. Want to replace now. Should I use New or used?

If I'm going for new, heard KYB is the best? Can I know where the Agent located?

Car Details:

Nissan Presea 1996

since its a nissan you could try Pioneer motors in Panchikawatte as well...

Mini, I had two of my friends recondition theirs and they actually did a good job. Guess there must have been bad apples along the way. But one guy had his FB 15 running for last 12 months with no issues.

True, nothing beats a set of BNew ones. But if one is hard for cash and needs a temporary fix, Mareena would be teh best place. Pity we dont have other brands like Monroe or Tokico freely available in SL.

true that , but i did stuble onto a place (can't recall the name) ,on the right hand side of the road when travelling from Nugegoda junction,in the delkanda area which brings down Tokiko's

true that , but i did stuble onto a place (can't recall the name) ,on the right hand side of the road when travelling from Nugegoda junction,in the delkanda area which brings down Tokiko's

They do that no more.... now they are into exhausts..

MINIACE

agree with everything you said...

to sum up...go to taas,get KYB and stay away from the recons.

It's a pity for the amount vehicles and model ranges we have that we are limited with some of the spares we have to use on a day today basis.

Example. We always end up sing ViC filters when brands like Union are very hard to come by. I was lucky once to run in to a whole stock of (2) Union Oil filters. Bought them both and kept them in stock.

Edited by VVTi

Car Details:

Nissan Presea 1996

If you have money better go for original ones from A*W or Pioneer motors. Once I change shocks for my EK3 with KYB (bought from Taas) and not performed well as earlier.

If you have money better go for original ones from A*W or Pioneer motors. Once I change shocks for my EK3 with KYB (bought from Taas) and not performed well as earlier.

Yep, That's true, I've also change my shocks from Prineer motors with KYB for my FB 15. I was ended up with 45ks, actually i had to change every thing except 2 wheels he he..! But nw she is working dame good..! Only for suspensions it cost 20ks like. also i had to change mount, rods and some bushes. that's y i think it's 45k.

Edited by sudesh_chandimal