• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Axio

fdk

Why do toyota make such boring cars? I honestly think the koren vehicles are getting better looks and perfomance now than your avg toyota. No doubt toyotas are comfertable and reliable and parts can be found from even the kadey on the road but they are so boring

TOTALLY agree with you dude...soooooooooo odd shapes and booring.. :alc:

that's why he should have gone for cefiro instead. parts are widely available and relatively cheaper. not all toyota's are cheaper to maintain. people don't realise that.

im not telling toyota is bad or parts are expensive

but as per my knowledge Nissan parts are also reasonable..but people ALLWAYS tends to say toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap...

people dont have an open mind to seek for the other brands.sooo narrow minded..

like linde gemba story....ALLWAYS TOYOTA IS THE BEST...

when somebody ask what is the BEST KNOWN VEHICLE in sri lanka people say corolla in spite of the 3 wheeler...

all cos of this linde gemba story...

:action-smiley-060:

im not telling toyota is bad or parts are expensive

but as per my knowledge Nissan parts are also reasonable..but people ALLWAYS tends to say toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap,toyoya are cheap...

people dont have an open mind to seek for the other brands.sooo narrow minded..

like linde gemba story....ALLWAYS TOYOTA IS THE BEST...

when somebody ask what is the BEST KNOWN VEHICLE in sri lanka people say corolla in spite of the 3 wheeler...

all cos of this linde gemba story...

:action-smiley-060:

Errrr i dont know if you noticed but he's also saying the same thing you are saying :P

Giys ,i have decided to buy a axio G grade ,and i saw one in a car sale that is black colour,teak interioir camera etc....,its a G grade without th smart key for 46, normally do G grades come with the normal key???,,,and it has got a bureau veritas certificate instead of the JAAI should i buy it???

Personally man dats a slighty higher price for a G grade man. I would rather spend another 5 lacks extra and go for the axio LUXEL which is nt a 141 its a 142(DBA-ZRE 142) and that comes with dual vvti engine(1.8cc), triptonic, different shell and with projector lamps while it does superb on fuel.

Personally man dats a slighty higher price for a G grade man. I would rather spend another 5 lacks extra and go for the axio LUXEL which is nt a 141 its a 142(DBA-ZRE 142) and that comes with dual vvti engine(1.8cc), triptonic, different shell and with projector lamps while it does superb on fuel.

Lol.... you say the that that G grade is overpriced, but you want him to spend 500,000 more for just a different shell and projector lamps? LMAO!!! :lol:

Lol.... you say the that that G grade is overpriced, but you want him to spend 500,000 more for just a different shell and projector lamps? LMAO!!! :lol:

Machang, I can't imagine a better way to spend that extra 500k. Especially considering the comfort levels and luxuries those projector lights bring to your ride. How can you even see properly at night without those projector headlights?! And oh the shell! Don't even start. 500k is a bargain. And boy, Yaeeesh! Those lights! ... AND the shell!

Machang, I can't imagine a better way to spend that extra 500k. Especially considering the comfort levels and luxuries those projector lights bring to your ride. How can you even see properly at night without those projector headlights?! And oh the shell! Don't even start. 500k is a bargain. And boy, Yaeeesh! Those lights! ... AND the shell!

Why you forgot all about the projector lamps! And that shell! :lol:

Though I sincerly hope there's a lot more stuff than that in the Luxel that justifies an extra 500k.

+1 :lol:

Why you forgot all about the projector lamps! And that shell! :lol:

Though I sincerly hope there's a lot more stuff than that in the Luxel that justifies an extra 500k.

Well that 1.8 liter dual vvt-i motor (2ZR-FE) is indeed a lovely thing. Sure will beat the 1.5 liter (1NZ-FE) any day IMO. I had one and the bloody thing did 710 km`s out of 50 liters when I did a test run on 98 octane. It was just a test run to see whether I could do 700, wasn't trashing the Rolla for that tank and this was not in heavy traffic either. ;)

Anyway, I don`t know about X grade, G grade and all this stuff much, but the 2ZR-FE is a winner IMO for usable performance and economy. :D

Edited by MrCat

I agree with Carman, Push Start and Smart key are standard options for G grade. The price quoted is too much.

I've imported Axio G two weeks back, with Alloys and multi-functional steering other than its standard options mentioned above and done 24k km, pearl white, cost me Rs4.15m.

I'm fully satisfied with it. Went on a trip to Kataragama, total trip was 750km and it did 15km/l. Vehicle is much better in control, breaking etc and hit 130km/h few times during the trip :)

15km/l & 130km/h!

Hey man!

You sound like "Crisco Nihal" man!

His Allion did 20km/l.

15KM/L & 130 KMPH is a can do I think. the trick in doing 130KMPH in such a car is staying alive!!!

yeah both might be possible but not at the same time, if he was going at 130 there is no way that it did 15Kpml

usually cars have the best performance to gas mileage ration somewhere around 50-70'

Edited by The Stig

yeah both might be possible but not at the same time, if he was going at 130 there is no way that it did 15Kpml

usually cars have the best performance to gas mileage ration somewhere around 50-70'

:grinning-smiley-003:

True, if a person just wants to get a freaking Axio whatever the case, he'd not be happy in getting any better vehicle at a lower price... Cuz he's blinded by myths people have spread in the society. IMO they know very little about cars if that is the case.

100% agree with you mate..I'm talking with less than one month experience with my new AXIO G..it's just boring car. In fact it's comfortable and has fare amount of options as well..but not worth according to it's price..i think 141 will be a failed car in the market soon..not good as 121 at all...I personally felt better feeling when driving my bro's old BMW E36 than my new axio..anyway that's what i feel.. I'm not saying that toyotas are not good..but definitely the Axio sucks .. :action-smiley-060:

Well then, hopefully you'd have another Euro car to drive and see more of the difference then. And good to see even a new owner accept the car to be boring, and yes it will be a fail if all Corolla fans feel that :)

As for being comfortable, yes it's cuz JDM vehicles have softer suspension but that was designed for smooth paved roads of Japan, so better watch out if using the car on rough roads here.

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Well then, hopefully you'd have another Euro car to drive and see more of the difference then. And good to see even a new owner accept the car to be boring, and yes it will be a fail if all Corolla fans feel that :)

As for being comfortable, yes it's cuz JDM vehicles have softer suspension but that was designed for smooth paved roads of Japan, so better watch out if using the car on rough roads here.

Yes dude ..Thanks to auto lanka forums i have learnt a lot regarding the selection of cars that suits to my taste and in fact the need..will sell my axio soon and think about something to feel better...maybe i will try a hybrid this time..just to experience that...i'm not sure abt the prius..but i'll try to see the possibilities of Honda Civic hybrid or Insight...since my bro is stick with euro cars..i think i should have a Jap car to share with him at times :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Well that 1.8 liter dual vvt-i motor (2ZR-FE) is indeed a lovely thing. Sure will beat the 1.5 liter (1NZ-FE) any day IMO. I had one and the bloody thing did 710 km`s out of 50 liters when I did a test run on 98 octane. It was just a test run to see whether I could do 700, wasn't trashing the Rolla for that tank and this was not in heavy traffic either. ;)

Anyway, I don`t know about X grade, G grade and all this stuff much, but the 2ZR-FE is a winner IMO for usable performance and economy. :D

one of my very good friends "reaching" 200km/h in his 1.8L rolla. this obviously wasn't when doing 700km on a full tank :)

21664852.jpg

Edited by isurujosh

100% agree with you mate..I'm talking with less than one month experience with my new AXIO G..it's just boring car. In fact it's comfortable and has fare amount of options as well..but not worth according to it's price..i think 141 will be a failed car in the market soon..not good as 121 at all...I personally felt better feeling when driving my bro's old BMW E36 than my new axio..anyway that's what i feel.. I'm not saying that toyotas are not good..but definitely the Axio sucks .. :action-smiley-060:

me another regular driver bored with axio. but i think 1.8L allion might just be the right car striking a good balance.