• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Axio

fdk

Machang, I can't imagine a better way to spend that extra 500k. Especially considering the comfort levels and luxuries those projector lights bring to your ride. How can you even see properly at night without those projector headlights?! And oh the shell! Don't even start. 500k is a bargain. And boy, Yaeeesh! Those lights! ... AND the shell!

in fairness to yaeesh i think he was more trying to justify paying 500k extra especially for the 1.8L engine as oppose to 1.5L unit in regular G, not particularly the bells and whistles. but trying to clarify what yaeesh said doesn't mean i agree with him though.

one of my very good friends "reaching" 200km/h in his 1.8L rolla. this obviously wasn't when doing 700km on a full tank :)

21664852.jpg

LOlZZZ... And someone said Rollas are sure to kill you at 130kmph? Not if you`ve got good open roads and if you are careful enough.. :D

I'm non of the above mate..I just bought a AXIO G ,because it's having a better leg space and head space compared to others..coz i'm bit more taller than 6 feet..anyway it was the final choice of my wife also..so i bought it..and I don't agree the fact that Toyotas are used normally by the older crowd ...BTW i'm 30 nw...maybe i'm also becoming old .... :D

Congratulations machang enjoy your ride. I hope you wont take anti-Toyota/Axio comments very seriously. Still you are way ahead of lot of people. Just have look at a bus stand when you're driving, specially on a rainy day.

Congratulations machang enjoy your ride. I hope you wont take anti-Toyota/Axio comments very seriously. Still you are way ahead of lot of people. Just have look at a bus stand when you're driving, specially on a rainy day.

Machang unfortunately i'm not enjoying it ....coz i compared it with my bro's old BMW E36, and found that old car is way better than my new axio...i'm not saying that i did a fare comparison..anyway i feel not good when i drive the axio..i'm not at all anti toyota...but now definitely i'm anti axio...there are way better cars of toyota brand than axio 141...i think corolla 121 is better than this 141...anyway what you are telling is right..when i see how people suffering in the bus stands in rainy days..i remember my good old days of my career.. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

The EPS on the Axio makes the steering lighter than most other cars. I have noticed that the average user prefers lighter steering. But there has been a few complaints on the Axio for being ultra light. Ex-fleet cars from Japan tend to have a slight steering rack rattle.

The suspension is soft but that also works well for the local market as well as for tourism. The suspension will still be good for 70-100k of local average running.

So it is definitely not a car for the enthusiast.

EPS issues and sludge problems didn't result in the 121 being termed a failure.

The performance of the CVT box with 'average' maintenance, how push button start works for the local market on the long-term and the competition from the Hybrids as well as other brands including the Koreans will decide on the success of the Axio.

I was in an Axio nearing 200k a few months ago. No problems or complaints. Just noticed that the CVT box couldn't make up its mind or the gear it should be on while cruising around 80/90km/h. It was quite minute and none of the other passengers noticed it.

LOlZZZ... And someone said Rollas are sure to kill you at 130kmph? Not if you`ve got good open roads and if you are careful enough.. :D

i did 150 in our rolla (Axio X), down parliament road, before it was constructed, with many poth-holes. car felt reasonably stable. look at the screenshot of my video. 30-140km/h in about 18 seconds with two adults on board, this with the 1.5L meager 109hp engine. the gear box is quite nippy.

picture009d.jpg

as noted by milindu, steering feel is a big let down. furthermore engine note at high speeds is cheap and uninspiring. but allion does better with sound insulation to hide this cheap engine note.

Machang unfortunately i'm not enjoying it ....coz i compared it with my bro's old BMW E36, and found that old car is way better than my new axio...i'm not saying that i did a fare comparison..anyway i feel not good when i drive the axio..i'm not at all anti toyota...but now definitely i'm anti axio...there are way better cars of toyota brand than axio 141...i think corolla 121 is better than this 141...anyway what you are telling is right..when i see how people suffering in the bus stands in rainy days..i remember my good old days of my career.. :rolleyes:

That's the spirit machang, may be now it's time for a better car. When reading some posts I thought Axio is the only car you'll ever gonna buy.

Umm, I have no doubt that the Corolla is capable of those speeds. But I don't think you guys should condone such an activity in a car like that in a place like this. Just my two cents. :)

I agree machan, that`s why I said "Open roads" and "careful driving". This is just straight line speed, I never pushed it too hard (or at all hard) around corners though, as you all know its absolutely horrible in doing that. :D

as noted by milindu, steering feel is a big let down. furthermore engine note at high speeds is cheap and uninspiring. but allion does better with sound insulation to hide this cheap engine note.

Yeah machan, steering feel is crap with most Jap cars with EPS these days. Even in my Civic its not that great. Toyota`s dual VVT-i (2zr-fe) is a bit better on engine note and is rev happy though. But no way near as good a as a Honda, even the Mazda 3`s and the Lancer`s 2 liter motors are grumpier compared to the Honda`s 2 liter. :)

Yeah machan, steering feel is crap with most Jap cars with EPS these days. Even in my Civic its not that great. Toyota`s dual VVT-i (2zr-fe) is a bit better on engine note and is rev happy though. But no way near as good a as a Honda, even the Mazda 3`s and the Lancer`s 2 liter motors are grumpier compared to the Honda`s 2 liter. :)

so you finally went honda ha? i remember we having long arguments those days when i was in the honda camp and you weren't.

Umm, I have no doubt that the Corolla is capable of those speeds. But I don't think you guys should condone such an activity in a car like that in a place like this. Just my two cents. :)

agreed. i don't drive everyday like this. this was definitely down straight-line and when roads were relatively clear. the speed claim was just in response to too much un-warranted dizzing for axio's credentials. no-one here says axio is a great fun to drive but it is a car that does simple things well. besides nowdays you can get down an axio for 3.3 million. at that price it isn't too bad a car.

so you finally went honda ha? i remember we having long arguments those days when i was in the honda camp and you weren't.

Yeh, can remember, arguments about Honda`s rear suspension being superior and all.. :D

I was to decide between the Rolla, 3, Lancer and the Civic. Drove the 2 liter versions of em all (except the Rolla which only comes here with the 1.8) and the Civic was an instant winner. :)

Forgot to mention one thing about the 2zr-fe though, it somewhat feels like a very forgiving engine. :D what ever you do in which gear, the thing just nods and keeps going (torque distribution of the dual vvt-i I guess). Oh well, Corollas ability to cater for the masses and to happily accept everyday abuse. :D \\

100% agree with you mate..I'm talking with less than one month experience with my new AXIO G..it's just boring car. In fact it's comfortable and has fare amount of options as well..but not worth according to it's price..i think 141 will be a failed car in the market soon..not good as 121 at all...I personally felt better feeling when driving my bro's old BMW E36 than my new axio..anyway that's what i feel.. I'm not saying that toyotas are not good..but definitely the Axio sucks .. :action-smiley-060:

BMW E36 is far far ahead when compared to Axio. :)

at 3.3 million, an axio should be a good buy. I think the whole bashing of the axio is a result of such a basic car being priced at such exorbitant prices. You dont here similar bantering for vitz's and vios's. Well with 3.3 mill, i would go for a well used late nineties e36 and a perodua viva for daily absuses such as stop and go traffic,, parking in the sun & rutty roads. But thats just me

at 3.3 million, an axio should be a good buy. I think the whole bashing of the axio is a result of such a basic car being priced at such exorbitant prices. You dont here similar bantering for vitz's and vios's. Well with 3.3 mill, i would go for a well used late nineties e36 and a perodua viva for daily absuses such as stop and go traffic,, parking in the sun & rutty roads. But thats just me

That would be me too :) The viva is quite a nice piece of kit.... perfect for the urban cut and rush, save the Beemer for the weekends (Though I Might be tempted by an Alfa of some kind too) ;)

Same here, it's just that such an ordinary car has been overinflated to such a state, we tend to wonder if the people who buy these cars at such high prices are sitting on their brains. You could buy something far better in that price range IMHO... and have some cash left over.

Personally man dats a slighty higher price for a G grade man. I would rather spend another 5 lacks extra and go for the axio LUXEL which is nt a 141 its a 142(DBA-ZRE 142) and that comes with dual vvti engine(1.8cc), triptonic, different shell and with projector lamps while it does superb on fuel.

I have a better idea. Save the 500K, add another 100K and buy a Mini :) It's got everything, fuel economy, character and soul !

yeah both might be possible but not at the same time, if he was going at 130 there is no way that it did 15Kpml

usually cars have the best performance to gas mileage ration somewhere around 50-70'

mates, I said "hit 130" not the whole trip went at 130. :)

I could do it 'coz it was Udawalawa-Thanamalwila road where you can see the horizon at the other end of the road.

mates, I said "hit 130" not the whole trip went at 130. :)

I could do it 'coz it was Udawalawa-Thanamalwila road where you can see the horizon at the other end of the road.

Hey mate..love to get that speed, though didn't get a chance yet..do you think prius can reach to the same speed???...one of my friends recently bought a prius 2008 and he's planning to go Katharagama..i was wondering whether i could drive it to hit that figure since i'm also going with him...but i'm not sure..coz i haven't drove it yet.. :unsure:

Hey mate..love to get that speed, though didn't get a chance yet..do you think prius can reach to the same speed???...one of my friends recently bought a prius 2008 and he's planning to go Katharagama..i was wondering whether i could drive it to hit that figure since i'm also going with him...but i'm not sure..coz i haven't drove it yet.. :unsure:

ahh... how awesome! Newly bought car, I bet you arent even familair with driving that car, let alone at 130kmph.

There have been other toyota divers before you who have attempted what you have. Maybe you can be the next.....

ahh... how awesome! Newly bought car, I bet you arent even familair with driving that car, let alone at 130kmph.

There have been other toyota divers before you who have attempted what you have. Maybe you can be the next.....

I have already gave up my idea mate...I don't want that to happen... :huh: anyway it's better to be on your speed limits in order to get controlled your vehicle...have you noticed that the black vehicles are having more possibilities to get into accidents???..the most of the accidents happened to cars SUv's and other luxury vehicle are black..I have been noticing this for some time..but i don't think there is a scientific or super natural thing happening for black colour vehicles.. :D

Better ask him, neda, if he needs you to test the speed of the car... :)

Personally, I would not let anyone test the 'speed' of my car.