• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion And Premio

rockerz

Yeh agree with you.And people are changing there minds based on some others preference.Specially if some one told that particular model / vehicle is not good they never check it out.Eg Micro cars people do not buy it because "IT IS MADE IN SRI LANKA"

IF I can afford MICRO SUV I will buy it but still I wonder that why MICRO does not reduce prices of vehicle

Technically thats not quite the scenario, trust me there are people who will buy something just because the label says made in Sri Lanka

( like the case with KIK cola, "Lankan to the last drop" even thought the bottle is Indian, ohhh and the syrup is Malaysian :rolleyes: )

But buying a car is not just a simple choice, if you buy something like a cola and if you dont like it you can opt not to buy it next time.but if you buy a car you will have to live with it for a long time.

BTW micro can barely be called Sri Lankan, their designs are Italian and engines are mostly based on German technology and safety is done by Volvo. And because of this reason micro cars are slightly priced higher than their Jap and Indian counterparts, which makes sense cause they are actually much better than crappy Indian cars and most jap cars.

But the problem is they try to market it as a Sri lankan make (which i think is a flaw in their strategy), which makes people think twice before buying them.

BTW micro can barely be called Sri Lankan, their designs are Italian and engines are mostly based on German technology and safety is done by Volvo. And because of this reason micro cars are slightly priced higher than their Jap and Indian counterparts, which makes sense cause they are actually much better than crappy Indian cars and most jap cars.

But the problem is they try to market it as a Sri lankan make (which i think is a flaw in their strategy), which makes people think twice before buying them.

You have a point there.

Btw, better than Jap cars? Really?

Technically thats not quite the scenario, trust me there are people who will buy something just because the label says made in Sri Lanka

( like the case with KIK cola, "Lankan to the last drop" even thought the bottle is Indian, ohhh and the syrup is Malaysian :rolleyes: )

But buying a car is not just a simple choice, if you buy something like a cola and if you dont like it you can opt not to buy it next time.but if you buy a car you will have to live with it for a long time.

ah lol Then MICRO has only labour as SL things.Anyway it is glad to know that it is better than Indian cars.Anyway Thank you for the info

:-)

i agree with you stig micros way better than indian rubbish. i buy a micro vehicle over indian vehicle in any day but i dont think they are better than Jap cars. :)

i think those old bmw 3 series with cramped up cabins, repairs, rattles and noices are no match for these newer toyotas. nowdays allions and premios don't realistically cost 5 million if bought through right channels. you can easily get a 2007 1.8L premio or allion with auction grade 4.5 and low mileage for little over 4 million. the comprable bmw that can be bought for the same money will be older, smaller and definitely come with repiars to attend to (a hassle some people would rather avoid). i find it amusing when these same people who vehemently say no to speeding beyond speed limits talk driving pleasure of bmws over allions. aney yako at 60km/h mona driving pleasure da!!! this so called driving pleasure of these law-abiding citizens is too much of a price to pay for driving an old cramped up car.

i think those old bmw 3 series with cramped up cabins, repairs, rattles and noices are no match for these newer toyotas. nowdays allions and premios don't realistically cost 5 million if bought through right channels. you can easily get a 2007 1.8L premio or allion with auction grade 4.5 and low mileage for little over 4 million. the comprable bmw that can be bought for the same money will be older, smaller and definitely come with repiars to attend to (a hassle some people would rather avoid). i find it amusing when these same people who vehemently say no to speeding beyond speed limits talk driving pleasure of bmws over allions. aney yako at 60km/h mona driving pleasure da!!! this so called driving pleasure of these law-abiding citizens is too much of a price to pay for driving an old cramped up car.

Oh wow... there speaks an expert! Guys, I think the rest of us should now stop talking as the final word has been said by the almighty cefiro driving overlord isurujosh!

How could we EVER have thought of driving these old, cramped up, broken euro cars? probably because we aren't in the same intellectual league as the great IJ with his 15 year old Nissan (which OF COURSE is a paragon of quality and reliability and space and economy and so on).

I wouldn't call the 3 series cramped, the new 2007 Allion and the E46 318i have similar dimensions, while the beemer has more power and torque. :) As for rattles and noises, the new JDM cars develop them very soon to with our rough roads.

Speaking of BMWs, around how much does a 2007 E90 316i and 318i cost?

I wouldn't call the 3 series cramped, the new 2007 Allion and the E46 318i have similar dimensions, while the beemer has more power and torque. :) As for rattles and noises, the new JDM cars develop them very soon to with our rough roads.

Speaking of BMWs, around how much does a 2007 E90 316i and 318i cost?

do exterior dimensions only decide the interior space?

i took a bit of a long trip inside a e46 couple of months back and i found the leg space less generous than in the back of the allion. i suppose the fact that 3 series is a rear wheel drive car takes it's toll. in fact i found allion more spacious in the back seat than merc c class (w204) which has larger exterior proportions, espcially due latter's transmission tunnel.

:) Sorry dude, but we aint Americans that think that driving pleasure is just putting down massive power to go fast in a straight line.

IJ's logic, Don't spend 5 Million, Spend 4 million... :)

IJ's universe, cars dont break, they go on for ever on 1 litre of petrol. And they dont come better than the A32 Cefiro (which is owned by his Mother-in-law/Wife, BTW).

Machang, umba oya hema tissema gahana kudu tikak apitath deepangko... Top Badu wage!!

Edited by VVTi

IJ's logic, Don't spend 5 Million, Spend 4 million... :)

IJ's universe, cars dont break, they go on for ever on 1 litre of petrol. And they dont come better than the A32 Cefiro (which is owned by his Mother-in-law/Wife, BTW).

Machang, umba oya hema tissema gahana kudu tikak apitath deepangko... Top Badu wage!!

enna ukku amma butter kaalak aragana mage langata.

do exterior dimensions only decide the interior space?

i took a bit of a long trip inside a e46 couple of months back and i found the leg space less generous than in the back of the allion. i suppose the fact that 3 series is a rear wheel drive car takes it's toll. in fact i found allion more spacious in the back seat than merc c class (w204) which has larger exterior proportions, espcially due latter's transmission tunnel.

No it doesn't but there was a pdf I got which showed it's very similar

Guess they were designed for fun driving, from the drivers point of view :) But the 3 series was BMWs entry level those days, so better to compare the 5 series

Chaps, it has occurred to me though that it's not fair to compare a Toyota Premio / Allion with a 3 Series. BMW as a brand is considered a premium brand alongside the usual contenders and Toyota makes no secret of where it sees itself in this analysis. Toyota is and always will be consumer brand with mass market appeal and they have no intention of being brand premium. That is why they created Lexus to separate out their marketing strategy and Nissan has Infiniti for the same purpose.

Having said that different manufacturers have different focus on different market places and also have their own USPs. For example French cars have concentrated a lot on comfort particularly because that is what the local market demands.

I do agree with Isuru that that E46 is a little cramped at the back (but I can't comment on a premio or an Allion as I've never ridden in one!) But if one has driven a E46 over a bump or experienced the low end torque of the new common rail diesels, I'm sure that would be the last thing on your mind :)

But everyone has their own priorities :)

On a slight deviation, what do people think about models from Euro brands like Opel/GM, Ford (Europe), Peugeot, Citroen etc in comparison to the Toyotas in question. Cars like the Opel/ Vauxhall Vectra, Ford Mondeo are generally very reliable, easy to maintain and comes with a few Euro bells and whistles and without the premium price tag.

Common ideas -- Opel/GM - not popular in SL, would be hard to maintain, Ford - good cars but not very efficient engines, Peugeot - good but a bit unreliable, Citroen - uncommon but comfy :)

But nevertheless would love a Monaro or a Commodore though Australian

Common ideas -- Opel/GM - not popular in SL, would be hard to maintain, Ford - good cars but not very efficient engines, Peugeot - good but a bit unreliable, Citroen - uncommon but comfy :)

That is a shame because when it comes to Euros they are the easiest and the cheapest cars to maintain. I think the bad reputation Opel enjoys in SL is mostly down to Sathosa Motors being a really crappy agent.

I don't think the Mondeo is any more or less fuel efficient than a comparable Japanese car with the same displacement. The ride is a bit hard but the handling is quite good.

Newer Peugeot has suffered a bit thanks to various electrical issues, but funnily enough Citroen (apart from the C5 which has a very complicated suspension system) is amongst the best in class for reliability, especially the C4 (which I haven't seen in SL) though the Peugeot Citroen are the same group :P

Ok now that's some new info, I didn't know there was even an agent in SL for Opel! :o Great marketing they must be doing, and lots of profit from cars rolleyes.gif

The new Mondeo does look good, much better than the usual Toyota boxes we see on roads all the time. Can see more than 2 Axio/Allion every minute, more than even bikes and 3 wheelers! And speaking of Ford, did we get a proper agent here or did we have and closed down still?

Had a ride in a Citroen in UK, very soft that air suspension, no Jap is anywhere near. Peugeot more used to but not so refined IMO even if same group.

On the contrary opel use to be quite popular in the mid 90's, not as poplar as jap cars but use to be on par with other euros but they just died. Didnt see a new model in ages :(

Monaro is a sweet ride ! :alc::lol: