• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion And Premio

rockerz

The crazy thing is that people who talk down about european cars have never even owned one in their entire life.Most of their so called expertise comes from car magazines and the internet.I see a lot of these "internet petrolheads" at AL lately...ah well...remember,a dumbass with a computer is STILL a dumbass.

1) I'd think its being a bit over-ambitious hoping that a 3 year old car has done only 15000km. That works down to only about 13km per day.

3) i disagree, the 15 year old car has already gone through its largest depreciation phase by now... So in another 15 years, the 30 year old BMW would have depreciated less than the 15 year old Alion.

4) if you want to buy a car to impress your neighbors or the "common-folks" then you dont necessarily need to buy a 4.0mil car for it. A nice set of shiny gates with stainless steel n brass would cost a lot less.

5) for all you know the Recon Alion you might have also had a lot of dents and scratches fixed locally before it hit the car-sale floor.

1) so do you reckon that all the auction certificates and authentic JAII certificates are bunch of bloody big lies? Japanese govt. please take note of Sri Lankan mr. journo Watchman.

2) i think a typical buyer uses a car for about 5 years in that sense my reference was for 5 years.

3) but can you take these shiny gates with stainless steel n brass everywhere you go?

5) again, Japanese govt. please take note of Sri Lankan mr. journo Watchman. if you buy a car from kohuwala car mafia then you are bound to get cars like that. but informed buyers can make very trustworthy purchases from honest sellers with authentic certificates as oppose to those locally duplicated certificates presented by some crook sellers. i somehow think that you have gotten into the wrong allion for your reference. it is rather amusing to see someone even try to argue that as a "general rule" that a 15 year old bmw will have better or equal, interior quality, rattles and noices, exterior quality etc. than 3 year old allion.

i am bz and i aint got more time for arguing this case, i am signing off.

Edited by isurujosh

1) so do you reckon that all the auction certificates and authentic JAII certificates are bunch of bloody big lies? Japanese govt. please take note of Sri Lankan mr. journo Watchman.

2) i think a typical buyer uses a car for about 5 years in that sense my reference was for 5 years.

3) but can you take these shiny gates with stainless steel n brass everywhere you go?

5) again, Japanese govt. please take note of Sri Lankan mr. journo Watchman. if you buy a car from kohuwala car mafia then you are bound to get cars like that. but informed buyers can make very trustworthy purchases from honest sellers with authentic certificates as oppose to those locally duplicated certificates presented by some crook sellers. i somehow think that you have gotten into the wrong allion for your reference. it is rather amusing to see someone even try to argue that as a "general rule" that a 15 year old bmw will have better or equal, interior quality, rattles and noices, exterior quality etc. than 3 year old allion.

i am bz and i aint got more time for arguing this case, i am signing off.

Yeah D. Don't you know that man is busy? He has to take extra classes on Sundays to learn how to count and spell.

That is a shame because when it comes to Euros they are the easiest and the cheapest cars to maintain. I think the bad reputation Opel enjoys in SL is mostly down to Sathosa Motors being a really crappy agent.

I don't think the Mondeo is any more or less fuel efficient than a comparable Japanese car with the same displacement. The ride is a bit hard but the handling is quite good.

Newer Peugeot has suffered a bit thanks to various electrical issues, but funnily enough Citroen (apart from the C5 which has a very complicated suspension system) is amongst the best in class for reliability, especially the C4 (which I haven't seen in SL) though the Peugeot Citroen are the same group :P

Adreed with you Don. The lack of spares availability of Europe is the major concern here in SL :huh: . Some times, even with agents, we have to wait until the agent imports the part from Europe. This is a common issue with Korian cars too. Imagine if anybody has to wait for more than a week or two until the parts receive & he is a daily runner :angry: ?

But, the truth is, European cars are more durable, comfy & stable than Japs :) . Sad that we are not getting the proper service from agents. :(

Forget about old euros,

Forget about 3yr old jdms with their unacceptable odometers,

Go for a brand new korean.

Yeah, then again people can wait until spares are being imported from Korea, whenever needed & will have to keep the vehile jacked. :angry-smiley-024: Or else they can replace their spares with japanese/european models :action-smiley-060:

Adreed with you Don. The lack of spares availability of Europe is the major concern here in SL :huh: . Some times, even with agents, we have to wait until the agent imports the part from Europe.

I'd prefer that than replacing with used junk found from delkanda or cheap substitute spare parts found in panchikawatta.

I'd prefer that than replacing with used junk found from delkanda or cheap substitute spare parts found in panchikawatta.

Yes, we both can prefer it machan, but for a daily runner?? He/she will have to borrow a vehicle from a friend(if they have such friends). Or else will have to hire one, but will cost on him/her. :)

Adreed with you Don. The lack of spares availability of Europe is the major concern here in SL :huh: . Some times, even with agents, we have to wait until the agent imports the part from Europe. This is a common issue with Korian cars too. Imagine if anybody has to wait for more than a week or two until the parts receive & he is a daily runner :angry: ?

But, the truth is, European cars are more durable, comfy & stable than Japs :) . Sad that we are not getting the proper service from agents. :(

Utter BullS**T. Other than certain rare items that are almost never replaced, most euro car consumables are now readily available in stock with several different sources in Sri Lanka. As long as you know where to look.

Yes, we both can prefer it machan, but for a daily runner?? He/she will have to borrow a vehicle from a friend(if they have such friends). Or else will have to hire one, but will cost on him/her. :)

My euro is a daily runner of course and it doesn't happen every now and then. It only happens once in a blue moon. Most of the instances, I can buy the spare part, the exact part using the item code within a matter of one day and the replaced part lasts long as oppose to cheap substitutes. It's not getting the wheels back on ground as fast as possible what matters, but to do a reliable, last long repair with solid spares is what matter for me.

Utter BullS**T. Other than certain rare items that are almost never replaced, most euro car consumables are now readily available in stock with several different sources in Sri Lanka. As long as you know where to look.

seriously speaking, I bet those whom are nostalgic about euro parts haven't ever touched an euro.

seriously speaking, I bet those whom are nostalgic about euro parts haven't ever touched an euro.

Yep.... for instance, All I have to do is quote the 7 digit VIN to the agent or even the Registration number and they know EXACTLY what is needed in the car down to the fuse. When I got the hoses, all I had to give them was the vehicle rego. By the time I go there, they had it all ready and invoiced.

Where as for a Jap, you need to lug around a sample and even then they get it wrong or something cant find the exact part.

The Delkanda and all other body part shop are all thee to rip you off.

And as Harshana said, at least in the Euro' case, you know that the part you are getting in brand new, original or worst case scenario, OEM.

:action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060:

Both my cars are Euros and both are daily runners more or less. If you know the mileage I put on them, it would make a typical Toyota owner cringe and cry.... :)

My euro is a daily runner of course and it doesn't happen every now and then. It only happens once in a blue moon. Most of the instances, I can buy the spare part, the exact part using the item code within a matter of one day and the replaced part lasts long as oppose to cheap substitutes. It's not getting the wheels back on ground as fast as possible what matters, but to do a reliable, last long repair with solid spares is what matter for me.

+1... same here.

Yeah, then again people can wait until spares are being imported from Korea, whenever needed & will have to keep the vehile jacked. :angry-smiley-024: Or else they can replace their spares with japanese/european models :action-smiley-060:

Not really...! I have a Euro as a daily runner, and so far, had no issues with parts. Just cos the car comes from Germany, doesn't mean that the replacement part too needs to come from there. Singapore has all the needed replacement parts, if you need to import it.

All running repairs can be done is a day. The only thing I had to wait for a week was the original paint.

this is what peugeot gives me when I key in my chassis number in the registered portal.

1. Vehicle characteristics, all information including all serial numbers of components.

post-54-039858300 1297160459_thumb.jpg

2. Applicable/filtered spare part codes for my vehicle which even carries the latest supersede part codes. Never have gone wrong or exchanged a spare part with this. :)

post-54-028530500 1297160500_thumb.jpg

can do wonders even with agents..

Nope Supra_Natural. I had a Peugeot D9 used as my first car & unfortunately it gave me a problem on the water pump. I had to try with the agents & there were no stock available(may be it was my bad luck) & I had to wait until they get down it for me. Costed me something around 115000/=. Then I decided to not to live with the car although it gave me a solid experience when driving. :(

Nope Supra_Natural. I had a Peugeot D9 used as my first car & unfortunately it gave me a problem on the water pump. I had to try with the agents & there were no stock available(may be it was my bad luck) & I had to wait until they get down it for me. Costed me something around 115000/=. Then I decided to not to live with the car although it gave me a solid experience when driving. :(

was this a UK used specimen or a brand new import? You cannot sometimes blame agents and local spare part dealers for not having appropriate part for UK used ones and some rare variants of the same model (and we all know Peugeot agent is a very bad example to generalize).

Did I read you right on that 115,000/- or was it 11,500/- ? Same happened on my D8 and I only paid 4,400/- for a brand new OEM water pump.

was this a UK used specimen or a brand new import? You cannot sometimes blame agents and local spare part dealers for not having appropriate part for UK used ones and some rare variants of the same model (and we all know Peugeot agent is a very bad example to generalize).

Did I read you right on that 115,000/- or was it 11,500/- ? Same happened on my D8 and I only paid 4,400/- for a brand new OEM water pump.

It's a UK used vehicle & I was the second owner harshansenadhir. I was fallen in love with Peugeot from my school age(still I'm). That's why I selected a D9 as my first car. It gave me an awesome feeling in driving. Comfort, performance & stability. Only thing was that I wasn't that strong with my income to maintain it. But still it's in my dreams & haven't givenup. ;)

By the way harshansenadhir, I got to know that you are from Piliyandala. Are you someone related to Keerth* Aiya? Coz, I did my Peugeot repairs from his garage at that time. :)

Not really...! I have a Euro as a daily runner, and so far, had no issues with parts. Just cos the car comes from Germany, doesn't mean that the replacement part too needs to come from there. Singapore has all the needed replacement parts, if you need to import it.

All running repairs can be done is a day. The only thing I had to wait for a week was the original paint.

I didn't meant a Euro here Bugatti. I meant to say that Korean brands. :(

It's a UK used vehicle & I was the second owner harshansenadhir. I was fallen in love with Peugeot from my school age(still I'm). That's why I selected a D9 as my first car. It gave me an awesome feeling in driving. Comfort, performance & stability. Only thing was that I wasn't that strong with my income to maintain it. But still it's in my dreams & haven't givenup. ;)

By the way harshansenadhir, I got to know that you are from Piliyandala. Are you someone related to Keerth* Aiya? Coz, I did my Peugeot repairs from his garage at that time. :)

sent a PM as this should ideally be discussed in Euro car thread.

No we should talk about euros, Koreans and other jap brands in the toyota forums,

to open up the eyes of the idiots who buy toyotas

why should someone bother? let them realize. I'm not saying Toyota sucks or bad or crap. Prices are too too too exaggerated and buying at that high price is completely insane for me.

it's a blessing for us that those idiots(?) don't turn onto euros. Still can enjoy a better ride with a lower investment.