• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice To Buy A Car

Crosswind

Hi Guys.

I know this topic has been beaten to death in AL forum, but every one has different requirements so I'm posting the same old question again with my requirements. Hope it doesn't offend anyone.

It's simple. I need to buy a car and this is what I need.

• Something reliable - gets me from point A to point B and back every day (and the occasional trip to the hills) for the next couple of years.
  • Color, size, number of doors, country of origin, manual, auto, tiptronic, 4WD, 2WD - i don't give a damn (note - 3WD does NOT qualify :D )
  • I need the car to have reasonable pulling power with A/C on. I always drive with A/C.
  • Total cost of ownership - as low as possible (includes price, fuel, spares and maintenance costs). I guess this is the most important criterion for me with some kind of a resale value.
  • My budget - ok here's the catch - it's gotta be less than 1 mill.

Basically I'm looking for something that gives value for money. Any suggestions about brands models etc, please let me know.

Cheers

(Hope this post does not offend anyone)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

I know this topic has been beaten to death in AL forum, but every one has different requirements so I'm posting the same old question again with my requirements. Hope it doesn't offend anyone.

It's simple. I need to buy a car and this is what I need.

• Something reliable - gets me from point A to point B and back every day (and the occasional trip to the hills) for the next couple of years.
  • Color, size, number of doors, country of origin, manual, auto, tiptronic, 4WD, 2WD - i don't give a damn (note - 3WD does NOT qualify :D )
  • I need the car to have reasonable pulling power with A/C on. I always drive with A/C.
  • Total cost of ownership - as low as possible (includes price, fuel, spares and maintenance costs). I guess this is the most important criterion for me with some kind of a resale value.
  • My budget - ok here's the catch - it's gotta be less than 1 mill.

Basically I'm looking for something that gives value for money. Any suggestions about brands models etc, please let me know.

Cheers

(Hope this post does not offend anyone)

Brand new Maruti, Good condition Doc. Sunny Anniversary Super Saloon, Nissan Presea R10

Yah bro even an EG8 is good. But its quite difficult to find an unmolested car :)

Yeah thats true. The local ricers will most likely have fitted bodykits,spoilers and fart exhausts and what not to most of them. It is quite hard to find one in original condition

:alc:

Yeah thats true. The local ricers will most likely have fitted bodykits,spoilers and fart exhausts and what not to most of them. It is quite hard to find one in original condition

:alc:

+1 the story of eg8 :D

Ok guys, to update you on my car hunt, I have considered the following vehicles so far.

KA-Series Hyundai Accent (Korean). Looks ok and runs ok. Comes below 10

301-Series Suzuki Jimny - Exterior looks horrid but the thing runs fine. Comes at a stretched budget. Around 12

JX-Series Maruti Wagon R. Runs fine as far as Marutis go. Appears to be in the best condition of all the cars I've seen. Comes around 11.5

Brand New Maruti - Need I say more. And I have to wait for 6 months. Price is 9.9

JW-Series KIA Rio. Battered and bruised. Price is 4 + lease

Comments are welcome.

Cheers!

Ok guys, to update you on my car hunt, I have considered the following vehicles so far.

KA-Series Hyundai Accent (Korean). Looks ok and runs ok. Comes below 10

301-Series Suzuki Jimny - Exterior looks horrid but the thing runs fine. Comes at a stretched budget. Around 12

JX-Series Maruti Wagon R. Runs fine as far as Marutis go. Appears to be in the best condition of all the cars I've seen. Comes around 11.5

Brand New Maruti - Need I say more. And I have to wait for 6 months. Price is 9.9

JW-Series KIA Rio. Battered and bruised. Price is 4 + lease

Comments are welcome.

Cheers!

None of those are particularly great choices to be honest...

How about one of these two?

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=44921

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=44835

Also, a lowish mileage corolla AE 100 would be a pretty good bet as well.

None of those are particularly great choices to be honest...

How about one of these two?

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=44921

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=44835

Also, a lowish mileage corolla AE 100 would be a pretty good bet as well.

The first one seems to be in good condition although there is a fart exhaust fitted :rolleyes:

But the 2nd one is in really bad shape bro. if you look closely you will notice that the interior is really not in good shape, especially the seats

Just a random thought, why do all these people use a piece of paper or cloth to cover the reg plate ? Haven't they heard of photoshop :rolleyes:

The first one seems to be in good condition although there is a fart exhaust fitted :rolleyes:

But the 2nd one is in really bad shape bro. if you look closely you will notice that the interior is really not in good shape, especially the seats

Just a random thought, why do all these people use a piece of paper or cloth to cover the reg plate ? Haven't they heard of photoshop :rolleyes:

if they are not so good with photo shop they can use paint but it seems to me they are don't cares or don't know about both photo shop or paint editing.

if they are not so good with photo shop they can use paint but it seems to me they are don't cares or don't know about both photo shop or paint editing.

Funny thing is i actually saw a car reg plate covered with a towel sometime back :rolleyes:

Funny thing is i actually saw a car reg plate covered with a towel sometime back :rolleyes:

yeah people do silly things with reg plate when they advertising. :lol: