• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Passo Rattling Noice

Samanl

Question

Dear Experts,

While driving in non carpet roads, specially where there is potholes on the road, a considerable noise ( Tak tak ) comes from the driver side of my passo. My mechanic examined it and said that is due to the shock absorber mount. Then he told me that it can not be replaced in a normal garage due since the shock absorber is a special type. He said this kind of shock abs can be dismantled using normal pullers.

He further said that this can be fixed by welding of two iron plates on the shock mount.

I am already fed up with this noise :action-smiley-060: .

Please advise me

Thank you in advance

Samanl

16 answers to this question

So are toyotas are giving trouble

U bought a toyota box on wheels for a price of a good car because u thought it didn't have flats didn't u.

So toyota fans understand that toyotas r not made of rock

Well neither are any other makes as a matter of fact

Or are they ?

I dont see what you are trying to prove here <_<

See buddy we all have different likes and dislikes

Some people like toyotas and some dont (that would be you)

I my self isnt a big fan of toyotas but that doesnt mean that all people who own toyotas are morons does it ?

I dont see the point in you constantly bashing toyota's :blink:

• Like 1

Or are they ?

I my self isnt a big fan of toyotas but that doesnt mean that all people who own toyotas are morons does it ?

+1

different people have different needs bro. So they buy cars to fulfill their needs :)

Edited by kelum_wj

Or are they ?

agree with you stig his name says all doesn't it buddy.....

Dear Experts,

While driving in non carpet roads, specially where there is potholes on the road, a considerable noise ( Tak tak ) comes from the driver side of my passo. My mechanic examined it and said that is due to the shock absorber mount. Then he told me that it can not be replaced in a normal garage due since the shock absorber is a special type. He said this kind of shock abs can be dismantled using normal pullers.

He further said that this can be fixed by welding of two iron plates on the shock mount.

I am already fed up with this noise :action-smiley-060: .

Please advise me

Thank you in advance

Samanl

yup i think its the front shock mount. its available to buy seperately. replace it with a genuine one or atleast the best of the local ones available. otherwise it might give trouble again coz its this mount which is subject to hard use constantly and wears off quickly...

So are toyotas are giving trouble

U bought a toyota box on wheels for a price of a good car because u thought it didn't have flats didn't u.

So toyota fans understand that toyotas r not made of rock

seriously what's wrong with you moron???

all cars have wear and tear parts that needs to be replaced... suspension, steering parts such as these are common wear and tear parts that will need replacing irrespective of the brand.

And OP didn't suggest anything about toyotas not having faults... In fact he was talking about a problem he was having

take your sermon elsewhere you idiot!

Stop trolling all threads related to toyotas just because you're a jobless moron!!!

• Like 1

seriously what's wrong with you moron???

all cars have wear and tear parts that needs to be replaced... suspension, steering parts such as these are common wear and tear parts that will need replacing irrespective of the brand.

And OP didn't suggest anything about toyotas not having faults... In fact he was talking about a problem he was having

take your sermon elsewhere you idiot!

Stop trolling all threads related to toyotas just because you're a jobless moron!!!

i agree with you completely

• Like 3

+1 yah i too think it's the rack and it is a common issue of the Passo isnt it :)

I too suspect the same...

Before going for shocks, especially since its a complex procedure, check the tie rods and inner sockets of your St. Rack.

Whatever you do, don't let those maka-basses to meddle with the suspension in any way. Welding a iron plate is a no no. It might screw up the weight shifing of the car in various conditions...

<br />

Dear Experts,<br />

<br />

While driving in non carpet roads, specially where there is potholes on the road, a considerable noise ( Tak tak ) comes from the driver side of my passo. My mechanic examined it and said that is due to the shock absorber mount. Then he told me that it can not be replaced in a normal garage due since the shock absorber is a special type. He said this kind of shock abs can be dismantled using normal pullers.<br />

<br />

He further said that this can be fixed by welding of two iron plates on the shock mount. <br />

<br />

I am already fed up with this noise <a href='http://forum.autolanka.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/action-smiley-060.gif'>http://forum.autolanka.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/action-smiley-060.gif</a> . <br />

<br />

Please advise me<br />

<br />

Thank you in advance<br />

<br />

Samanl

I got my steering box bush replaced yesterday for the same problem u r having. Though the sound has not completely gone but its like 90% lesser. Its a common Passo problem

I'm also experiencing a similar soft noise/ rattle in the driving side of my vitz but, strangely it becomes more evident on a carpet road (when there's no other interferences). The intensity of the rattle does not increase with poor road conditions but is clearly audible.

Thought this could be related to the problem in question and somebody could shed some light on this matter as well. Thanks!

Edited by abcjayasinghe

On 11/2/2023 at 9:04 PM, Dibuti said:

I hear the sound on the left rear wheel of my Toyota passo it's like metal against metal but sometimes it can take 20minutes to pause then come back again.

What can be the problem

Can be a number of reasons. Noises are hard to diagnose without actually hearing the sound. It can be rust on the brake disk, surface or rusted out edge which now has a bit of a groove. It can be the back plate hitting the disk...etc...

it can be a wheel hub...the list goes on and on. If possible put it on a hoist and just spin the wheels and see if you can hear where the noise is coming from. You might have to do this a few times.