• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's This Rubber Pipe

Uditha88

Question

17 answers to this question

Your gonna have to post a picture.

Is what you see in left side the Engine?

If so it might be EGR Tube i'm referring.

Is it connecting what I said above? What's the purpose?

86125003.gif

Edited by Uditha88

Ok the tubes for the EGR do not connect to the air filter. EGR stands for exhaust gas recirculation.

Read this for more info one the EGR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

If I can understand what you are trying to get at, you are most likely referring to the vacuum line that goes between the filter hose and the engine.

To end the confusion maybe you should take a picture of the part on your car and post it here.

Ok the tubes for the EGR do not connect to the air filter. EGR stands for exhaust gas recirculation.

Read this for more info one the EGR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

If I can understand what you are trying to get at, you are most likely referring to the vacuum line that goes between the filter hose and the engine.

To end the confusion maybe you should take a picture of the part on your car and post it here.

Ya JD. I'll upload a photo as soon as possible.

Thanks.

And also, If I say why I suddenly started to hunt what this really is, i saw some oil like liquid in the lase this pipe connects to the Air Filter.(wonder is this vacuum leak??)

I'll upload a photo anyway...

Edited by Uditha88

Ya JD. I'll upload a photo as soon as possible.

Thanks.

And also, If I say why I suddenly started to hunt what this really is, i saw some oil like liquid in the lase this pipe connects to the Air Filter.(wonder is this vacuum leak??)

I'll upload a photo anyway...

Well unless you tell us exactly what the part is then we are just shooting into the air. What's the make/model/year/engine of your car?

I think it is the breather hose for controlling the air pressure in engine (specially in the oil sump). And in some engines (specially in diesels) it sprays oil and puffs black smoke when the engine is under compressured. Experts may correct me if I am wrong.

Hi Uditha,

Been following a few of your posts and I know that we have the same car which is NISSAN Presea R11 with GA-15DE Engine. After seeing your pic I popped the hood of mine and there it was, hiding in plain sight.

Removed the air filter to check the other end and saw that its not directly openning in to the Air Filter Case but is covered with a mesh. I also think that its the Breather Hose as suggested by Kelum and Luckey.

Here are some clearer Pics:

The Hose:

post-46753-066091600 1299653012_thumb.jp

Hose End, Inside the Air Filter Case:

post-46753-059141100 1299653439_thumb.jp

Hi All,

Here is the Picture. Forgive the picture quality. :rolleyes:

Image260.jpg

Oil vapour from the engines gets condensed and deposited there. If you have overfilled there would be quite a lot of oil found in it. If you have engine oil to the correct level don't worry about it :)