• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Vehicle For Short Girl

lasa

OP wants cars that are easy to handle. 800s and Altos handle horribly. And they're cumbersome to drive.

Yep.. and clutch balancing is gonna be very difficult in these cars. they are no smooth like japs.

Edited by MkX

imho...a larger vehicle scares away lots of these three wheel and bike buggers...

case in point... compared to my car days...there are only a few morons who come close to the truck let alone try to cut across etc...

If i had a bull bar installed...i'm pretty sure those few morons too can be taken out of the equation

:) Agree. Also a Loud horn would be helpful too

Edited by kelum_wj

imho...a larger vehicle scares away lots of these three wheel and bike buggers...

case in point... compared to my car days...there are only a few morons who come close to the truck let alone try to cut across etc...

If i had a bull bar installed...i'm pretty sure those few morons too can be taken out of the equation

Yep something like this would do

VU%205%20POSTER%20005.jpg

AFAIK these are banned now in SL isnt it ?

Edited by The Stig

Personally I think the barrier is mostly psychological than physical. I thin on most vehicles even if you are under 5 feet tall, with a bit of adjustment you should be able to reach the pedals comfortably. The big issue is getting over the psychological barrier that the vehicle is too big. I mean people drive by instinct, and you develop a perceptual understanding of where the ends of the vehicle lie and then use this to govern steering and manoeuvres. In SL we call this knowing the corners of the vehicle :) and it is aided by our ability to perceive depth (you need stereo vision for this). Sometimes you need a bit of time to get used to it but generally after a while you know instinctly where the edges lie. So a bigger vehicle would not be an insurmountable challenge especially on the road, though things like parking obviously can get a bit tricky.

We should not limit ourselves just because we're a bit short :)

second that.....friend of mine, female - around 5' 2", drives a Patrol Y60...no issues :D

Personally I think the barrier is mostly psychological than physical. I thin on most vehicles even if you are under 5 feet tall, with a bit of adjustment you should be able to reach the pedals comfortably. The big issue is getting over the psychological barrier that the vehicle is too big. I mean people drive by instinct, and you develop a perceptual understanding of where the ends of the vehicle lie and then use this to govern steering and manoeuvres. In SL we call this knowing the corners of the vehicle :) and it is aided by our ability to perceive depth (you need stereo vision for this). Sometimes you need a bit of time to get used to it but generally after a while you know instinctly where the edges lie. So a bigger vehicle would not be an insurmountable challenge especially on the road, though things like parking obviously can get a bit tricky.

We should not limit ourselves just because we're a bit short :)

This is so true. it's just a matter of thought. Both my sister and mom are under 5 feet. They drive all our vehicles with no issue, or a cushion for that matter.

Yep something like this would do

VU%205%20POSTER%20005.jpg

AFAIK these are banned now in SL isnt it ?

they are supposed to be yes....but most of those smart cab have them and also so many others

on an unlucky day i bet you can get pulled over and fined...

Guys,

Thanks a lot for valubale responces. Will try swift or Vitz. Demio and vios seems out of my budget. Looking for something in range of 10-16 LKS range. Thanks agin :)

Edited by lasa

they are supposed to be yes....but most of those smart cab have them and also so many others

on an unlucky day i bet you can get pulled over and fined...

So what about vehicles that came with bull bars as standard ? :unsure:

Going a little out of touch i know but i had to ask :D

the wifey drives the 2002 swift.. then again she dirves the b4 as well.. so cant compare there.. but i agree with DON... once u get then hang of it u can drive anyting.. my wife is only 5 feet..

but i belive the swift has the clearest vision. i am talking about the earlier swift not the beetle swift...

The new alto (the jdm version) should fit perfectly. Japanese are not particulary tall people, so most JDM small cars should fit the bill

I remember seeing somewhere in the net, Suzuki marketing this particular model (HA 24) especially for Japanese ladies.

Edited by samishka

Guys,

My wife is not tall(shes's 4'7). Can you guys recommend a good car for her which is easy for her to handle.B'cos she's not that tall its hard for her to paddle and view road from winscreen from most of vehicles(mostly bcos meter section in dash board). Any recommendation guys?

Also is there a height requirment when applying for driving license?

I’m recommending Mazda 2 ( demio ).... stylish, 5 star safety & better fuel economy....

Edited by dillongt
  • Like 1

Compare to swift, Vitz & vio, Mazda Demio is a better build vehicle. All mazdas build on triple H structure ( check you tube for mazda safty ), independent suspension system, vented front disk brakes ( ABS with EBFD ), front and rear stabilizer bars (better handling in corners). lot of stranded options..... test drive all other cars before you test drive mazda demio then test drive mazda 2…you can see a major difference…. :D

• Like 1

What do you ppl think about Micro Geely. it is1.3 engine. The price is around 1.4 ml. looks nice competed to Maruti, Alto and Cherry which are in same price tag range. :rolleyes: According to them it is Chinese with Volvo techno. But only manual transmission available. :(

• Like 1

What do you ppl think about Micro Geely. it is1.3 engine. The price is around 1.4 ml. looks nice competed to Maruti, Alto and Cherry which are in same price tag range. :rolleyes: According to them it is Chinese with Volvo techno. But only manual transmission available. :(

If you can't drive manual, not worth exploring it any further, right?

If you can't drive manual, not worth exploring it any further, right?

Did I, I’m driving manual from the day I start and I’m one of the person agree that you cannot feel the driving pleasure when you drive auto. Since this topic discussing about a car for a girl, I thought to highlight it . (for any girl who like manual)

• Like 1

Yeah its a good car, if you want to die i on one that is

http://motortorque.askaprice.com/news/auto-1010/geely-ck-scores-lowest-possible-safety-score.asp

@ Rangerover dont you dare accuse me of plagiarism :P

Edited by The Stig

It is a crash test .All vehicles after crash test like that.We saw recently Toyota Allion and corolla 121 accident pictures.So if you want to die in bit expensive way buy Allion or 121.

Did you even bother click the link? Wake the hell up man!!!

• Like 2

Did you even bother click the link? Wake the hell up man!!!

pointless mate! :)

a retard will always be a retard... sleeping or otherwise!

Gotta say there seem to be 3 other idiots who agree with this fool! :D

It is a crash test .All vehicles after crash test like that.

according to him...all cars offer same safety in a crash :)

do you need any more proof to see how much of an utter idiotic fool this guy is

• Like 5

according to him...all cars offer same safety in a crash :)

do you need any more proof to see how much of an utter idiotic fool this guy is

let's see whether the old retard can see how passenger compartment is intact in this crash test ..

PEUGEOT407-Coupe-ancap-494_1.jpg

Edited by harshansenadhir
  • Like 2