• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Differance Between Toyota Corolla Dx Ke72 & Ke 74

mahindara

please tell me about Toyota corolla dx wagon..

1.how much price ?

2.best model …

3.difference between dx ke72 & ke 74 …

4.is it good car ?

Please, most of us in this forum have no issues in reading Pt 10 ~12 size fonts, at lease except for one member let's say.

Whether it's good or bad, it holds a good second hand market perception and value. May not be the best equipped model of the generation considering the steering without PAS and rear wheel drive and haven't seen any full option car unlike the Nissan's and Mitsubishi's of the same generation.

Price can be anything between 300,000 to 700,000 (yes, serious and heard of an example sold at this price) depending largely on the reg number (17- series holds the highest market price of this model), condition.

KE 72 is the first generation with flat roof and 74 is known as the later model with a higher roof.

please tell me about Toyota corolla dx wagon..

1.how much price ?

2.best model …

3.difference between dx ke72 & ke 74 …

4.is it good car ?

as harshansenadhir said price could be little tricky. best model is ke74 because it has better market valve and higher roof is better than flat roof because you can get decent headroom in it.

Machan we have a ke72 Which is also known as a DX Wagon … 15-8xxx. This car we had it from new and it is a high roof model too though its KE72. Difference I know between KE72 and KE74 is KKE72 has a 1300cc engine with NO rear wippers and heated glass. And the rim size 12 inch.

Ke 74 Comes with 1500cc engine with Rear wipper and heated glass. Also the rim size is 13 inch.

I may be wrong. But thats what the toyota hand book says. KE72 and KE 74 shares the same hand book. (We have all these hand books , manuals and every thing still , coz we are the first owner)

Im telling you guys ... this is a very good car. It has no much power on it. But she has served well for such a long time. This car was always used as a second or the third car. But this was bought for me and my brother to go to school (my first day schooling from grade 1 this was in use and never every had let down..

To my knowledge the body is very hard. We only have painted twice and that may be its always parked in a garage. Engine seems to be solid as well again as we have never touched it. The milage is some where 200,000 km now. Apart from wear and tear parts such as clutch, tyre-rods, suspension parts nothing has gone wrong so far.

In my view, Generaly this is a good car compared to other cars made at that time.

Edited by p.defender
  • Like 2

Machan we have a ke72 Which is also known as a DX Wagon … 15-8xxx. This car we had it from new and it is a high roof model too though its KE72. Difference I know between KE72 and KE74 is KKE72 has a 1300cc engine with NO rear wippers and heated glass. And the rim size 12 inch.

Ke 74 Comes with 1500cc engine with Rear wipper and heated glass. Also the rim size is 13 inch.

I may be wrong. But thats what the toyota hand book says. KE72 and KE 74 shares the same hand book. (We have all these hand books , manuals and every thing still , coz we are the first owner)

Im telling you guys ... this is a very good car. It has no much power on it. But she has served well for such a long time. This car was always used as a second or the third car. But this was bought for me and my brother to go to school (my first day schooling from grade 1 this was in use and never every had let down..

To my knowledge the body is very hard. We only have painted twice and that may be its always parked in a garage. Engine seems to be solid as well again as we have never touched it. The milage is some where 200,000 km now. Apart from wear and tear parts such as clutch, tyre-rods, suspension parts nothing has gone wrong so far.

In my view, Generaly this is a good car compared to other cars made at that time.

i 100% agree with you this is a good car in it range we all so use to have one for about 6 years it newer let us down in any way only thing we change on it its tyres :)

I had KE72 wagon (15 sri / year: 1983) which is 1300cc engine and 4 speed tranny. the KE74 comes with 1500cc engine and 5 speed tranny. Unlike latest cars, the market value is KE74(1500cc) bit lower than KE72(1300cc). both models has flat roof and high roof versions. high roof version has higher market value than flat roof.

I thought the rear wiper and window defroster comes with the "GL" model not “DX” :)

I had KE72 wagon (15 sri / year: 1983) which is 1300cc engine and 4 speed tranny. the KE74 comes with 1500cc engine and 5 speed tranny. Unlike latest cars, the market value is KE74(1500cc) bit lower than KE72(1300cc). both models has flat roof and high roof versions. high roof version has higher market value than flat roof.

I thought the rear wiper and window defroster comes with the "GL" model not “DX” :)

i don't remember correctly this they are all so center lock to available in GL ?

Edited by nexus

I think in that price range it is one of the best cars to buy. The KE72 had better market value in the past due to better fuel consumption, but I'm sure some of those perceptions have disappeared over time. Very bland interior, very simple engineering, not many options but hardly ever breaks down, and on the rare occasions it does very easy and cheap to repair.

We still have a KE72 Too.. :) But we rarely use it.. :jumping-smiley-013:

It came with 1300 Engine, 12inch rims, sealed beam head lights, A/C, etc.. No central locking, No rear wipers or de-mister. I have done few modifications with ease.. Fixed 13inch alloys, New Halegon head lights with adjusting the alternator, Central locking with security system, New A/C unit, Green LEDs for dashboard, etc.... I tell you this is a car which is ready for anything.. :alc: So not to worry buying a KE72 machan.. :)

(See the pic of the car attached)

We still have a KE72 Too.. :) But we rarely use it.. :jumping-smiley-013:

It came with 1300 Engine, 12inch rims, sealed beam head lights, A/C, etc.. No central locking, No rear wipers or de-mister. I have done few modifications with ease.. Fixed 13inch alloys, New Halegon head lights with adjusting the alternator, Central locking with security system, New A/C unit, Green LEDs for dashboard, etc.... I tell you this is a car which is ready for anything.. :alc: So not to worry buying a KE72 machan.. :)

(See the pic of the car attached)

Bro your KE 72 looks awesome. Btw why didn't you go for Crystal lights?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi Newbie,

My car is also a KE72 DX. I was searching for its MANUAL but couldn't find.

I really appreciate if you can share an electronic copy.

Please let me know your idea.

Cheers..

..Lulubell

@ Mahindara, I know/knew 4 people who have/had this this car and 2 of them still own it and have nothing but praises for its durability and spares availability

in my own persepective what I dont like about it is the fact that it has a bland interior compared to other cars in the age group (Lancer C12/11 wagons,Nissan California etc) and does not come with P/S or RPM meter etc

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Great commercials, but all four links take me to the same video! Were there four different commercials?

Yes , there are four different commercials.

But as you said when you click on the links, it shows same video.

Therefore,

Please open new URL and then copy and pase a link given above to the URL and press enter.

Then you can see each video seperatly.