• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Katu Will Be Happenning On 24th & 25th

Grand Civic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ash you are right. there will be a 4x4 event to be held on 25th organized by offroad club.

So who's going 4 the Katu & who'll be there at the Waters edge?

Katu will be my choice.

I know this guy from Panadura.but the best locally made ones are done by an ex-Srilankan Airlines captain from Piliyandala.

RC club guys are not given permission to fly regularly by the Air Force.So its highly unlikely to get authority from Air Force Headquarters to have two events simultaneously.

man.. I would really love to get my hands on one of them planes...

gaya does the racersedge biker boys meet every weekend. would love to meet the chaps.

if you want to meet only CBR's you got to come to the parliemtn grounds on sundays... you get a hayabusa coming there well...

Guys,

Today at 5:30 ITN and the SLMCC will be filming short videos of racing drivers and their cars where the drivers will be talking about various racing related issues and experiences. This footage will be used as promotional material for the broadcast of the event. If you have some time check it out. There should be a few hot cars around.

Rgds,

KLM

Guys,

Today at 5:30 ITN and the SLMCC will be filming short videos of racing drivers and their cars where the drivers will be talking about various racing related issues and experiences. This footage will be used as promotional material for the broadcast of the event. If you have some time check it out. There should be a few hot cars around.

Rgds,

KLM

thanks for the INFO KLM

5.30pm? lol

yuppp... it'll be a good show for the kids at home...

JEY and quite few other drives will be runing Group N.

Nigel also said the he will run Group N once he gets his car soughted out,

We need to support all new comers to this event,

I wish darin also runs group N Soon.

cheers.

yup... true we should support the new comers... Asanka too should have continued as well..

Shit, my bad. I forgot to say that its at Independence Square today. In case some of you didn't get it, they are only FILMING footage today, not airing anything on TV.

And there won't be live coverage of the meet on the day. Instead, ITN will air a comprehensive highlights package on another date. This means y'all will have to come to Katu to see the action. There is a possibility of foreign participation in the Formula Ford races, for the first time in a very long time. Full credit to the SLMCC for trying to restore Katu to its former glory. Please support them by attending the meet on the 25th.

Is anyone has a idea of which are the hot events going to be in katu this weekend other than the super car event ?

Machang

i think the 8-10 , 10-12 , and SLA modified 1050cc and 1400cc classes should provide some door to door close racing, hope to see most of you there.

Ya 1050 to 1400 should be hot, despite the non-participation of the some of the class stalwarts. I don't know if upto 1600 will be any good this time around but it usually is and in the near future it will definitely liven up.

I know this guy from Panadura.but the best locally made ones are done by an ex-Srilankan Airlines captain from Piliyandala.

RC club guys are not given permission to fly regularly by the Air Force.So its highly unlikely to get authority from Air Force Headquarters to have two events simultaneously.

Miniace, you know anyone that i can contact to get a RC plane maybe ??

Yup, I got the news too. Looks like no GT class. Damn shame.

Hey, is Nigel running anything? I heard he is not running group N so I assume the Impreza is out, but he did have a major championship lead in 1600 mods, right? Or doesn't this event count towards the championship?

They are accepting entries till 22nd right? C'mon guys, if u know guys who run GT class, try to get them to submit entries by tomorrow :blink:

Edited by Pericles

I heard that for this 25'th katu races only Dinesh.D's entry has been entered for GT class. That means there will be no GT class?? I think there should be at least 5 entries to schedule an event :blink:

Yes its confirmed that there will not be a GT event at katu.Dinesh D is the only entrant.so its official that the GT class event is cancelled. :blink:

Anyways thanks mivec turbo for trying to give poor spectators a money-worth show, rest got caught to bad politics of racing??..I dont know.

There are 7 entries to Group N cars including Nigels Imprezza.So some consolation for spectators.