• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes Benz Accident

Uditha88

I knew one of the other deceased fairly well, though I haven't met him in many years. Very sad, though I don't know the exact details of the crash it goes to show that not even the safest car in the world lives up to its reputation when pushed beyond the limits it was designed for. May they rest in peace.

oh.... :huh: really feel sorry for the driver...i'm sure he must have been in a very high speed which is not even bearable to one of the most safest cars in the world..what a tragedy :huh:

Edited by AbeysinghE

does anyone know if the driver and front passenger were wearing their seatbelts?

According to this story ( http://print.dailymirror.lk/news/news/39395.html ) two were killed and four were injured. Does this mean there were six people in the car? If so I'm thinking the four who survived must have been wearing their seatbelts.

from the look of it front of the car has taken the most damage i think four who got injured survived because they on the backseat.

from the look of it front of the car has taken the most damage i think four who got injured survived because they on the backseat.

Yes, from what I know this is correct. Though the backseat passengers were in critical condition, last I heard.

Yes, from what I know this is correct. Though the backseat passengers were in critical condition, last I heard.

well out of the surviving four...one is supposed to be in very critical condition :(

dunno how true this is but the story is that they were drunk...

lotsa chaps do the hikka run after partying in colombo...stay there for a couple of hours and drive back to colombo...

and these runs are usually pretty fast ones...having being part of it a few time myself...it was just a matter of time until somebody ran out of their luck :(

lets hope at least those 4 chaps will pull it through!

I'm not convinced. The car is supposed to have gone into a river after loosing it according to the newspaper. There is always the chance they survived the impact but drowned. IF that is the case (someone will have to check a autopsy) then the safety measures of the car can't be faulted. Its possible, but complete guess work.

....if they were wearing seatbelts. If they weren't weren't wearing seatbelts, forget it, they are dead.

Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed died in the back of an S Class. They weren't wearing seatbelts and the coroner said if they had been wearing their seatbelts they would had survived.

well out of the surviving four...one is supposed to be in very critical condition :(

dunno how true this is but the story is that they were drunk...

lotsa chaps do the hikka run after partying in colombo...stay there for a couple of hours and drive back to colombo...

and these runs are usually pretty fast ones...having being part of it a few time myself...it was just a matter of time until somebody ran out of their luck :(

lets hope at least those 4 chaps will pull it through!

Bro the person whose was in critical condition has also passed away. Heard that they had tried to avoid a three wheeler. But they might have been drunk

Edited by kelum_wj

I'm not convinced. The car is supposed to have gone into a river after loosing it according to the newspaper. There is always the chance they survived the impact but drowned. IF that is the case (someone will have to check a autopsy) then the safety measures of the car can't be faulted. Its possible, but complete guess work.

but if they went into a river, wonder why they've pulled the car out and left it on its roof.. :unsure: But the impact has to have been massive for an E class to get crushed like that.. I believe the 200 km/h story.. poor guys.. :(

Edited by virensti

but if they went into a river, wonder why they've pulled the car out and left it on its roof.. :unsure: But the impact has to have been massive for an E class to get crushed like that.. I believe the 200 km/h story.. poor guys.. :(

Well the Lankadeepa article has a pic of some sort of waterway, so it's possible it went into that - I think a canal not a river. Possibly it's left that way in the police station due to having been found in that position? I'm assuming the damage we're seeing is more than what was there as they would have had to cut the car further to get the occupants out.

Not an E class, if am not mistaken it's an S350. All the worse.

They were doing about 195 kmph,

the sea spray has hit the windscreen and the driver has switched on the wipers

or (possibly the auto wipers may have turn on)

lost the visibility, hit a tree and toppled as per one of the

surviving boys.

Sad story, more than drinking and driving one should not drive in a stupid manner.

They were doing about 195 kmph,

the sea spray has hit the windscreen and the driver has switched on the wipers

or (possibly the auto wipers may have turn on)

lost the visibility, hit a tree and toppled as per one of the

surviving boys.

Sad story, more than drinking and driving one should not drive in a stupid manner.

Actually the surviving guy (front passenger seat, he escaped with some broken bones) said that they had negotiated one bend and a bug has splattered on the windscreen (not sea spray). The driver has actually opened the window to take it off with his hand as it was beyond the reach of the wipers while still at speed (around 170 I think) and they have not even seen a second bend coming up...flown right through it, hit a tree and fallen into a stream.