• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Sports Car?

madmax

Which one would you choose?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these cars would you choose?

• BMW M3
    • Nissan GTR
    • Porsche 911 Turbo
    • Maserati GranTurismo

Guys, if you were given $70k-$80K (hypothetically in the U.S) to spend on a weekend sports car which one of these would you get, and why? Within that budget some of the cars listed could be brought brand new, and the others used. The options are,

BMW M3

Nissan GTR

Porsche 911 Turbo (or 4S)

Maserati GT.

Anything else you would consider?

I'd get the Maserati in heartbeat. It may not be as fast as the others, but imo it's easily the most gorgeous, and an archetype of the proper sports car. Amazing looks, great sound, and of course, speed. :) One of the most beautiful cars ever.

Edited by Big_D

I'd get the Maserati in heartbeat. One of the most beautiful cars ever imo.

True, but that's the only thing it has going for it. It's underpowered and less 'sporty' compared to the rest

Nice, keep the comments coming!

Edited by madmax

Personally, if I had that kinda cash I'd go for the 2011 E63 ($87k w/o optional extras)(or C63 and save a few thousand $ for later...) Not exactly sports cars, but hey ;)

Heck, think of all the classics...

Maserati out of these.

Then the 911 hands down.

Hypothetically?...yeah right :rolleyes: ..I'll bet one of these will be in your garage sooner than later. :P

Z4 M coupe/roadster & SLK? :unsure:

Roadsters are more like summer cars for chicks.

One problem with your theory above- I don't technically have a garage.

Edited by madmax

Personally, if I had that kinda cash I'd go for the 2011 E63 ($87k w/o optional extras)(or C63 and save a few thousand $ for later...) Not exactly sports cars, but hey ;)

Maserati out of these.

I'm talking about a proper sports car. The e63 makes you feel like you borrowed your mom's car.... I'll stick to bimmers for daily drivers...

Maserati out of these.

+ 1 for the Maserati, from that list..

Actually I would get one of those AMG Mercs too.. just for the exhaust note :wub:

M3 for me please.

Being sensible is just in my nature. :D The most practical out of the lot and only the trained eye will notice you coming. :D

M3 for me please.

only the trained eye will notice you coming. :D

Kinda beats the purpose of having a sports car don't ya think?

Edited by madmax

Too close to call between the Maserati and the GTR for me. :) Probably the Maser. Purely looks. Stand out, and not common.

I'm with Don on the Z4M too. Def coupe. The Jaaaag XK falls in that range too. Yahoo auto says Lotus Exige S too.

Any Astons or Ferraris in that range? Audi R8?

Guys, if you were given $70k-$80K (hypothetically in the U.S) to spend on a weekend sports car which one of these would you get, and why? Within that budget some of the cars listed could be brought brand new, and the others used. The options are,

BMW M3

Nissan GTR

Maserati GT.

I'd say the GT-R or the M3, though the latter would give more driving pleasure, you'd probably be faster with the Nissan :) Besides, you already have a BMW..

Oh and yes, if it was a weekend beauty contest for cars sure the Maserati!

Edited by BLu3HaZe

BMW M3

Nissan GTR

Maserati GT.

Out of this lot i would go for the R35 GTR

Too close to call between the Maserati and the GTR for me. :) Probably the Maser. Purely looks. Stand out, and not common.

I'm with Don on the Z4M too. Def coupe. The Jaaaag XK falls in that range too. Yahoo auto says Lotus Exige S too.

Any Astons or Ferraris in that range? Audi R8?

maser or the gtr...

if i had the choice...it would be the gtr for sure :)

don't know a lot about the maser but i'm guessing it might not be as flexible as the gtr when it comes to souping things up.

to me...a sports car should be beyond looks and has to deliver on mechanicals...

maser or the gtr...

if i had the choice...it would be the gtr for sure :)

don't know a lot about the maser but i'm guessing it might not be as flexible as the gtr when it comes to souping things up.

to me...a sports car should be beyond looks and has to deliver on mechanicals...

No question. It is simply a style over substance issue. But then, the Maser IS a GT, where the GTR is more performance oriented. The GTR would be better if going for a track day. But for rolling to the club, have to pick that Maser :)

• Like 1

Kinda beats the purpose of having a sports car don't ya think?

I totally agree that the M3 lacks charisma and killer looks. But that 'sleeper' feeling with an M3, many tuner options and the fun factor ticks the boxes for me. 911 turbo would be the next best.

• Like 1

No question. It is simply a style over substance issue. But then, the Maser IS a GT, where the GTR is more performance oriented. The GTR would be better if going for a track day. But for rolling to the club, have to pick that Maser :)

true true... maser will easily draw a lot more attention with those looks :)

bloody italians :D they almost always nail their designs! :P