• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cops On The Streets!

What if I speed up even faster when the speed-cop stops me? Traffic police aren't armed right? Can I breeze past all the police stops up front or pull over and hide? :D Anyone tried this?

Wonder what would happen if we gave them the finger and whizzed past <_<

i usually dont stop when iam stopped by traffic on the way-side on colombo-kandy road @ night coz the only thing they stop me is for high speed coz i take care not to cross lanes after a bitter experience with an SI wen i once overtook on a double line in a hurry n my dad tried to thrash the policeman wen he got furious when the SI wouldnt listen that the other vehicle was already slowing down onto d left to stop. i had to end up in courts to pay the fine! :rolleyes:

since i drive an SUV i keep a copy of one of my uncles (who is a minister) defence vehicle ID. i drive with tinted windows too! when they stop me i show the ID and they let me go. but at nights i dont stop coz i know that they didnt stop me for fun. its coz i did a mistake and so i pretend i didnt see them and i whiz past. depends on the time and situation. they dont have guns! duh!. only @ checkpoints they have and have orders to shoot. the only thing a traffic cop will do if he gets pissed is to go on pursuit and thats bad wen they get u :P which they wont do coz dey dont want to leave their 'spot' where they cn earn sum cash $ :lol:

P.S. im not advising anyone to do this! just tellin what i did. this is STRICTLY AGAINST THE LAW.

Edited by Shehan Niyas Wildchild

Dudes is the seat belt law still there? Has any one got coped for not putting on their seat belt? :unsure:

What does the law have anything to do with it? If you have half an ounce of brains rattling around your skull, stop wanking about and wear the bloody seat belt!

Im a little curious how fast are these police motor bikes?

Even if they were on pursuit and managed to overtake a vehicle and how are they going to stop it? :unsure:

if they can overtake you thats it! they will apparently slowdown abit when they reach close to the drivers door during the process of overtaking and honk at u. and wen u turn right, they tel u to pull up. (we have to be blind not to see that! lol)

if we still try to b a bighead n speed away theres a 99.9% chance of a roadblock ahead with police karayas who had already been alerted via walkie talkies! :rolleyes:

i agree belts are not a joke btw if you not wear seat belt there is a chance that air bag is not get deployed?

Again, this is not a question that needs asking, coz there isn't an if, just buckle up

But just so you know, you can get even more seriously injured if you aren't wearing a belt when the airbag deploys. AirBags are filled with what is practically an explosion of air, and if your face is whipping towards the bag without a seat belt slowing you down, and you meet an explosively expanding airbag, lets just say its bad. Try youtube.

So stop with all the useless hypothesis about NOT wearing belts. Its not difficult, just wear it.

i usually dont stop when iam stopped by traffic on the way-side on colombo-kandy road @ night coz the only thing they stop me is for high speed coz i take care not to cross lanes after a bitter experience with an SI wen i once overtook on a double line in a hurry n my dad tried to thrash the policeman wen he got furious when the SI wouldnt listen that the other vehicle was already slowing down onto d left to stop. i had to end up in courts to pay the fine! :rolleyes:

since i drive an SUV i keep a copy of one of my uncles (who is a minister) defence vehicle ID. i drive with tinted windows too! when they stop me i show the ID and they let me go. but at nights i dont stop coz i know that they didnt stop me for fun. its coz i did a mistake and so i pretend i didnt see them and i whiz past. depends on the time and situation. they dont have guns! duh!. only @ checkpoints they have and have orders to shoot. the only thing a traffic cop will do if he gets pissed is to go on pursuit and thats bad wen they get u :P which they wont do coz dey dont want to leave their 'spot' where they cn earn sum cash $ :lol:

P.S. im not advising anyone to do this! just tellin what i did. this is STRICTLY AGAINST THE LAW.

ROFLMAO!!! A shameless ruling class moron in da houz!! Is this minister really your uncle or you know someone who washes his car or dog? Or are you one of these morons who drive around with the Presidents picture on the windscreen?

What else can you tell us about yourself machang, apart from your bad taste in cars?

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 4

Does anyone know the law related to flashing other vehicles about cops. I once got copped for warning others by flashing my lights.

Luckily the cop was not too tough and let me go after preaching a bit. He told me that I could be charged for using the headlights on daytime without an emergency.

Edited by lkRaven
  • Like 1

Again, this is not a question that needs asking, coz there isn't an if, just buckle up

But just so you know, you can get even more seriously injured if you aren't wearing a belt when the airbag deploys. AirBags are filled with what is practically an explosion of air, and if your face is whipping towards the bag without a seat belt slowing you down, and you meet an explosively expanding airbag, lets just say its bad. Try youtube.

So stop with all the useless hypothesis about NOT wearing belts. Its not difficult, just wear it.

ok noted thanks Peri :)

ROFLMAO!!! A shameless ruling class moron in da houz!! Is this minister really your uncle or you know someone who washes his car or dog? Or are you one of these morons who drive around with the Presidents picture on the windscreen?

What else can you tell us about yourself machang, apart from your bad taste in cars?

After reading his post i didnt know if i should laugh out of my mouth or my ass

I guess we have another resident moron in the house ! :angry-smiley-048:

After reading his post i didnt know if i should laugh out of my mouth or my ass

I guess we have another resident moron in the house ! :angry-smiley-048:

:grinning-smiley-003:

This is just because of his unkel is a minister.. just imagine he become a MP one day, how will he abuse his powers .. :grinning-smiley-036:

Edited by MkX

Does anyone know the law related to flashing other vehicles about cops. I once got copped for warning others by flashing my lights.

Luckily the cop was not too tough and let me go after preaching a bit. He told me that I could be charged for using the headlights on daytime without an emergency.

Actually, it is a grey area. I read in MSN Auto about some vague laws in the UK where warning other motorists about the presence of Police is actually illegal. But then in hindsight, by warning a speeding motorist to slow down , you may be helping to avoid an accident too. So yes, its a somewhat 'grey' area.

My link

Dudes is the seat belt law still there? Has any one got coped for not putting on their seat belt? :unsure:

I think the law is there..but not implementing well..I used to wear the seat belt when travelling long distance..but now i wear even to shorter distance after i saw this video.. :D

No, airbags would still work. But on some cars there are occupancy sensors, so if a passenger is not present on the seat the airbag will not deploy. Correct me if Im wrong.

Mate..you are right..air bags will still work even if the passengers not wearing seat belts..it's more dangerous the activation of airbags when the passengers are not wearing seat belt..coz in case of a front impact..there is a definite chance of breaking the neck of the passenger as the airbag pressure and the passengers movement towards the airbags collied each other... :unsure:

So, you use the powers of your uncle :blink: ..So you don't have to obey the rules of the country...I hope you will not have any chance to become a politician..COZ..you'll misuse the powers given to the politicians to break the law of the country...don't think that these kind of posts will make you up man..don't show off..hope your minister uncle will have to sing Signgnore..one day.. :violent-smiley-099:

Edited by AbeysinghE

I don't think the cops could really fine you for flashing lights, cause the ultimate result is a good one - somebody will slow down, or avoid cutting lines.

I got copped recently with a 1 month overdue revenue license.. The cop gave me about 2-3 indications that he'll just let me go if i 'pay him' the fine. But i just kept saying "eka thamai Ralahami. I'll get it renewed today itself". Finally the fellow let me go.

The most common 'faults' similar to that is not pasting a copy of the revenue license on the windshield. But usually you can sweet-talk out of the situation

So, you use the powers of your uncle :blink: ..So you don't have to obey the rules of the country...I hope you will not have any chance to become a politician..COZ..you'll misuse the powers given to the politicians to break the law of the country...don't think that these kind of posts will make you up man..don't show off..hope your minister uncle will have to sing Signgnore..one day.. :violent-smiley-099:

Hats-off!!

@MP's car-washer's son - Dude, If you really do what you said, then beware! Cause I've seen Prado's and Monteros being stopped recently by the new generation cops. And mind you! Mahinda Mama is watching! :D

Mate..you are right..air bags will still work even if the passengers not wearing seat belts..it's more dangerous the activation of airbags when the passengers are not wearing seat belt..coz in case of a front impact..there is a definite chance of breaking the neck of the passenger as the airbag pressure and the passengers movement towards the airbags collied each other... :unsure:

This is why you don’t have your child in the front seat if you have air bags. Even he is wearing a seat belt. The speed that the air bag gets deployed it can kill the child. I think this has happen a lot in US.

This is why you don’t have your child in the front seat if you have air bags. Even he is wearing a seat belt. The speed that the air bag gets deployed it can kill the child. I think this has happen a lot in US.

I'm sure it does happen, but its relatively rare due to pretty strict laws surrounding kids riding in the front passenger seat. Kids under certain weight / height parameters need booster seats or child seats and generally kids under 12 aren't allowed to ride up front. See http://www.iihs.org/laws/childrestraint.aspx for specific details.

Edited by Kavvz

Bribing a cop for Dummies!

A reference for the rest of us...

When flagged down by a cop.

1. Do not panic, Cops are not man eating monsters

2. Slow down and do not attempt to flee the scene. park on the road side

3. If you have passengers in your car please step out off the vehicle and proceed to step 4. if not you may remain in the vehicle for the cop to come to you. (This is an important step as cops do not want many witnesses for the crime that they are going to commit, but your individual experience may vary from cop to cop)

4. DO NOT Argue about the offense(you know you are guilty), simply hand over the license and insurance.

5. if the cop takes too long in inspecting the license and insurance and tries to talk about where you are from and what you do for living. that's an indicator for you to say these golden words "Ralahami udawwak karanna barida?"

6. If you get a positive signal for step 5. then DO NOT publicly open up your wallet and produce a note to the cop. ask him to give the license and insurance and pretend to put it back in your wallet then take a 500 RS note and place it in his hand as if you are giving him some candy.. :rolleyes:

then you walk out of the crime scene. all clean.

and one last tip keep 500 Rs change at all times. i had to pay 1000 Rs once since i had no change. they cant look at the "candy" till you leave the scene.

copped around 6-7 times mostly for effing crossing the dual line when over taking.

and one more thing i do not encourage anyone to bribe civil servants. please drive safe and obey the road rules and you will save your money and your time.

Cheers!

lol !!

Jokes aside, why not just pay the fine as for most offences the actual fine can't be much more than the Rs. 500 - Rs. 1000 bribe? At least that way, the fine money would end up at the SL treasury to be (hopefully) used to for infrastructure development rather than lining the pockets of some unscrupulous cop!

Edited by Kavvz

What does the law have anything to do with it? If you have half an ounce of brains rattling around your skull, stop wanking about and wear the bloody seat belt!

Yes you are correct mate, law or no law you should always wear your seatbelt. FYI I think I do have an ounce of brain left in my skull so I always wear my bloody seatbelt and encourage others to do so aswel. Anyway sorry for asking a dumb-ass question ;)

Edited by Reckless

i think the best i have heard so far is that "can u please put a reload to my phone" bugger gives me the number and the amount.. pretty smart.. no exchange of money.. no paper trail...

haven;t come across that yet...but mate, if you do have any of those numbers, please post them..i'd be more than happy to make use of some payphone or something to call the moron and let him know that we "know what he did last summer"... ;)