• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hp 1700+

Parak

Hi me again

I do not want to quote few members comments

Following reply answer the most of the common questions

• Why I migrated to Australia?, I have not had any idea for migrating. How ever one of my work mate always wanted to migrate. I used to visit his agent with hime and agent suggested me to apply for it. I am here now. Anyway, I like the set up here. No Peons to carry the bosses bags, no dedicated workers to make tea for the staff. Every body have a work to do and everybody get treated same level.
Wow that pretty much explains it
And congratulations for being the first person in the world who migrated and still doesn't know the reason why he did so. You must be very proud :)

Comparing car prices and Nominal Income? This was the easy way to show the facts. If I went by disposable income there would be lot ot calculations to confuse the reader.
So why again are you doing the calculations ? you think we should all walk to work :rolleyes:

I am not against anybody want to buy a car or own one. Person haven't had a car appriciate when he get a car such as treat. People who has been having cars from generations don't care about it because it is nothing new to him. Every house hold has a car in most of the so called developed countries such as having a broom or a cooking pot in a house hold nobody care about it. That is the problem most of the people think having a car is a achiving a another level in the social ladder which is wrong.

I will answer other questions when I get a time.

Blah blah blah yada yada yada , point ?

Too bad they don't have peons to carry the bosses bag in Aussie. If Harak was working at my company, thats the only job he would qualify for with that level of English. But my company doesn't employ peons either, so I guess old harak will have to remain where he is sniffing petrol fumes from old F1 tracks... so sad... :sad-smiley-002:

Well peri AFAIK people like carpenters and plumbers are actually given more points than professionals so it makes sense that the demand for harak is high there.I think they get extra points when they are "rata harak" :D

Edited by The Stig

I think you have said enough "parak" thawath parakku karan nathiwa nawaththanna.

i've been reading the hillarious stuff he's been saying for the whole of today. but dude seriously if you think the concept of riding a bike or walking is better than driving a car to work or for any other matter. you seriously don't belong here.

just my 2 cents.

this is not bikelanka or walklanka by the way.

Edited by MiraOwner

I am finishing this debate, As our Great Teacher Lord Budda said," I ALREADY STOPPED, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO STOP" (from Angulimala Jathakaya)

Its the Angulimala STORY, not JATHAKAYA... Do you even KNOW what a Jathakaya is?

@Parak:

a phrase comes to mind thinking of your plight right now... its called "illang pukei marmite gaagannawa".. Do they have marmite in "oz"?

Its the Angulimala STORY, not JATHAKAYA... Do you even KNOW what a Jathakaya is?

@Parak:

a phrase comes to mind thinking of your plight right now... its called "illang pukei marmite gaagannawa".. Do they have marmite in "oz"?

He might be more familiar with Vegimite :lol:

• Like 3

He might be more familiar with Vegimite :lol:

Ha Ha ROFL owned :lol:

Must be like NOS for him when walking all the way to work :rolleyes:

Edited by The Stig
  • Like 1

Too bad they don't have peons to carry the bosses bag in Aussie. If Harak was working at my company, thats the only job he would qualify for with that level of English. But my company doesn't employ peons either, so I guess old harak will have to remain where he is sniffing petrol fumes from old F1 tracks... so sad... :sad-smiley-002:

Sorry for the late reply for your comments. Now you started "Moda"rating". I can undestand the way you write, more priority to English rather to contents. Does your company deal with English conversant clients only?. Does it operate in Sri Lanka? Are you from a family that speak only English at home?. Ha Ha. I've met a SriLankan Senior lecturer who studied in Gomarankadawela school now teaching in Australia. His pronounciation, grammer, slangs etc not perfect but the contents he delivers highly appriciated and this is his 4th work place overseas. So Pl do not jump up criticising level of English (This happens in Ex British colonies). I have no fear of making mistakes in English because it is not my Mother Tongue.

I think you have said enough "parak" thawath parakku karan nathiwa nawaththanna.

i've been reading the hillarious stuff he's been saying for the whole of today. but dude seriously if you think the concept of riding a bike or walking is better than driving a car to work or for any other matter. you seriously don't belong here.

just my 2 cents.

this is not bikelanka or walklanka by the way.

I may join Crawllanka if there is a one

Well peri AFAIK people like carpenters and plumbers are actually given more points than professionals so it makes sense that the demand for harak is high there.I think they get extra points when they are "rata harak" :D

What's the point Stig. Do you think Carpenters and Plumbers are not professionals. Do you know what's the meaning of Profession(Even Rata Harak know it). Cleaning, Painting they all professions. Do not have to spend seven years in Tertiary Education(Uni) to be a plumber or carpenter. Getting a apprenticeship and part time Polytechnic course is enough to be a Carpenter or Plumber but remember they are also professionals. Before jumping in the Band wagon think twice.

Edited by Parak

Sorry for the late reply for your comments. Now you started "Moda"rating". I can undestand the way you write, more priority to English rather to contents. Does your company deal with English conversant clients only?. Does it operate in Sri Lanka? Are you from a family that speak only English at home?. Ha Ha. I've met a SriLankan Senior lecturer who studied in Gomarankadawela school now teaching in Australia. His pronounciation, grammer, slangs etc not perfect but the contents he delivers highly appriciated and this is his 4th work place overseas. So Pl do not jump up criticising level of English (This happens in Ex British colonies). I have no fear of making mistakes in English because it is not my Mother Tongue.

Does your company deal with English conversant clients only? Yes

Does it operate in Sri Lanka? Yes

Are you from a family that speak only English at home? Primarily. I'm bi-lingual, not a haraka.

I can understand the way you write too. No priority to the English OR the contents.

And fine point criticizing Ex Brit Colonies while living in an ex Brit Penal colony. As for making mistakes, you are living in a country where your mother tongue is not in use. Now you might want to portray your ignorance to your hosts by babbling about mother tongues, but thats not all of us. If you don't want to improve your language skills while living in an English speaking country, you should have stayed in your village and used your healthy bicycle to travel around in rather rather than disgracing your mother country by acting all uneducated somewhere else and blaming it on not being your blasted mother tongue!

I am finishing this debate, As our Great Teacher Lord Budda said," I ALREADY STOPPED, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO STOP" (from Angulimala Jathakaya)

Also sadly, despite the quotes, still unable to follow teachings. Hypocrite.

• Like 1

What's the point Stig. Do you think Carpenters and Plumbers are not professionals. Do you know what's the meaning of Profession(Even Rata Harak know it). Cleaning, Painting they all professions. Do not have to spend seven years in Tertiary Education(Uni) to be a plumber or carpenter. Getting a apprenticeship and part time Polytechnic course is enough to be a Carpenter or Plumber but remember they are also professionals. Before jumping in the Band wagon think twice.

Mr. Parak,

All things aside...

Think of this community that you are raging your battle against in trying to teach the Sri Lankans the correct way to live our lives...

Did you have any one appreciating you, commending you or even supporting you? I think not.

So doen't that make you... mmm ... "UNWANTED"? :unsure:

So being the WISE man you are, what is the best thing to do in such a situation?

Parak, the company in subject here has set the Sri Lankan flag proudly in many countries and earned millions of foriegn exchnage to the country. The achievemnts they have made are spectacular and using the right language at the right time has definitely helped it.

If the people there also selfishly emigrate to colonies and start preaching the country to ride buses and bikes and speak sinhalese all the time, while driving 7 seater SUVs themselves, none of this might have happened.

NO THEY ARE NOT ! professionals are white collar workers who are specialized by educational training

The word professional traditionally means a person who has obtained a degree in a professional field. The term professional is used more generally to denote a white collar working person, or a person who performs commercially in a field typically reserved for hobbyists or amateurs.
(source- Wikipedia)

Carpenters and plumbers dont qualify to be white collar workers, they are blue collar workers.

Even though i find your lack of English skills amusing for someone who lives in an English speaking country the biggest concern for me is the lack of your knowledge as a working individual.

OH WAIT you dont really work, every morning you probably leave home at 7 and walk to office and by the time you actually get there it would already be 1pm so time for lunch and then its time to walk back home :) That's a nice job you got there man, i was wrong you dont need any points to do that :rolleyes:

Mr. Parak,

All things aside...

Think of this community that you are raging your battle against in trying to teach the Sri Lankans the correct way to live our lives...

Did you have any one appreciating you, commending you or even supporting you? I think not.

So being the WISE man you are, what is the best thing to do in such a situation?

NO THEY ARE NOT ! professionals are white collar workers who are specialized by educational training

(source- Wikipedia)

Carpenters and plumbers dont qualify to be white collar workers, they are blue collar workers.

never mind Wikipedia, even Australia skilled migration program makes a distinction between "Professionals" (Accountant, Architect, Engineer, etc" and "Tradespersons" (Carpenter, General plumber)!

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/skilled-occupations/occupations-in-demand.htm

Are you from a family that speak only English at home? Primarily. I'm bi-lingual, not a haraka.

I can understand the way you write too. No priority to the English OR the contents.

And fine point criticizing Ex Brit Colonies while living in an ex Brit Penal colony. As for making mistakes, you are living in a country where your mother tongue is not in use. Now you might want to portray your ignorance to your hosts by babbling about mother tongues, but thats not all of us. If you don't want to improve your language skills while living in an English speaking country, you should have stayed in your village and used your healthy bicycle to travel around in rather rather than disgracing your mother country by acting all uneducated somewhere else and blaming it on not being your blasted mother tongue!

"Moda"rating again. "disgracing your mother country by acting all uneducated somewhere else" What do you mean by uneducated? Education is not English. "Kalu Sudda" think knowing English is the Education. Do you pronounce English like "Sudda". I think you are a "Frog in a Well with internet connection". Just speaking, writing, wearing a tie do not make you a "Sudda" you have to have the Genes. Do you know how the Aussis call their Country ? "Country of Immigrants". Do you know, In my work place, We have English, Irish, Scottish, South African, German, Phillipino, Samowan, Sudaneese, Chinese, Bangladesh, Indian, Moltiese, Greek, Italian, Polish, Japanese and Mixed raced. All have thier accents, slangs and dialects. Some times they try to immitate the dialects and accents in other states or other English speaking countries which happening in Sri Lanka too (Language in South vs Vanni). Get a life.

(source- Wikipedia)

Even though i find your lack of English skills amusing for someone who lives in an English speaking country the biggest concern for me is the lack of your knowledge as a working individual.

OH WAIT you dont really work, every morning you probably leave home at 7 and walk to office and by the time you actually get there it would already be 1pm so time for lunch and then its time to walk back home :) That's a nice job you got there man, i was wrong you dont need any points to do that :rolleyes:

Sounds like a professional (Have U got a degree from Wiki Uni?). Meanings given in the dictionaries are not always applicable in the real world. For a example " He is a professional thief" doesn't mean theif got a degree in steeling. Is Prof A. N. S. Kulasinghe a professional or not? What is the oldest profession in the world?

Old British colonies dominated by "Kalu Sudda" have that collar system. In here we have vivid colour Collar system(used to have in Ceylon Electricity Board). Work force is multiskilled and willing to learn and take on any role.

Mr. Parak,

All things aside...

Hi

Thanks for the advise. I appriciate your Gentleman approch. I am not here to jump in the Band Wagon of Cyber Bullies. I think you know this saying ( Aththa Kiyannath, Bima Endaganath Baya wenna Epa"

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for the advise. I appriciate your Gentleman approch. I am not here to jump in the Band Wagon of Cyber Bullies. I think you know this saying ( Aththa Kiyannath, Bima Endaganath Baya wenna Epa"

Cheers

Since you're so big on the "Mother tongue" and what not, here's a saying for you....

"Ane Mee Harako, melo reddak nodena methana P*k* denne nethuwa peththakata wela hitapang oi".

Edited by Supra_Natural

Since you're so big on the "Mother tongue" and what not, here's a saying for you....

"Ane Mee Harako, melo reddak nodena methana P*k* denne nethuwa peththakata wela hitapang oi".

I feel instead of his profile name Parak we can replace it with Porak :D

Pl say this to your Mirror Image

Thanks

"Moda"rating again. "disgracing your mother country by acting all uneducated somewhere else" What do you mean by uneducated? Education is not English. "Kalu Sudda" think knowing English is the Education. Do you pronounce English like "Sudda". I think you are a "Frog in a Well with internet connection". Just speaking, writing, wearing a tie do not make you a "Sudda" you have to have the Genes. Do you know how the Aussis call their Country ? "Country of Immigrants". Do you know, In my work place, We have English, Irish, Scottish, South African, German, Phillipino, Samowan, Sudaneese, Chinese, Bangladesh, Indian, Moltiese, Greek, Italian, Polish, Japanese and Mixed raced. All have thier accents, slangs and dialects. Some times they try to immitate the dialects and accents in other states or other English speaking countries which happening in Sri Lanka too (Language in South vs Vanni). Get a life.

What I mean by being uneducated means being like you. See the dumbass assumptions you are making? Here I sit in office, wearing tshirt and jeans, with a pair of sandals on my feet, and you seem to think that I should be wearing a tie. Your outdated moda harak ideas are no longer applicable, Harak. Frog in a well with an internet connection? Listen fool, if you don't know idioms, don't use them. Frog in a well means isolated from external influences. People with internet connections are anything but isolated, they are part of the global village. And you "think" I am this contradiction? :rolleyes:

I'm sure that all these "English, Irish, Scottish, South African, German, Phillipino, Samowan, Sudaneese, Chinese, Bangladesh, Indian, Moltiese, Greek, Italian, Polish, Japanese and Mixed raced" in your workplace think you are an ignorant, uneducated ass. (BTW, its Maltese, Mr Multi-Culture. Samoan I'll ignore as a typo).

This last bit was old man rambling. What the heck were you trying to say, that your multicultural office spends time trying to imitate each other, so you think thats what we do in Sri Lanka? Really? Its so daft the only reason I want to know is academic curiosity as to how far wrongly you have expressed your thoughts.

And as far as getting a life goes, that seems to be something YOU need to do, and in a hurry. Try making some real life friends that you can share your vacation photos with and maybe even take on vacation with you, instead of posting up over-sized over-saturated pictures in a place where most people don't even like you.

And since you don't seem to be able to stop as per your own claims, I shall hereby start calling you Angulimala.