• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Using Mc.foil For Heat Reduction Purposes

mazdaspeed

Question

Hi People,

Got a question regarding the use of McFoil to prevent heat. This is actually for a friend who’s doing up a project on a Ford Cortina.

I advised him to use the foil in between the hood and hood lining and also other parts like the floorboard & firewall .

Apparently some one has said that if you use in between the hood lining , it would damage the paint on the hood due to the heat resistance properties – What’s da story on this ? Pls advice

Thx

3 answers to this question

he previous owner of my car had done this. Now there's McFoil under the hood and around the AC tubes. Never noticed any issues with the paint though

'Rebel',

About Heat resistance foil I have used for number of my Vehicles when Imported stuff was not in the market very thin Mill Board packing or Elite 500C packing both side pasted with aluminum foil have pasted to Engine compartment and before hood lining to hood inside of the vehicle. This has done lot of heat drop inside passenger compartment during the hot sunny days. Engine heat too can be controlled by pasting engine compartment on both side of the body work.

At present can buy the imported heat treatment roles one side aluminum pasted to syntactic foam and paste on to the method said early. Yesterday I bought at 90.00 Rupees a meter of same heat treating materiel for my new Van.

My van is Black I want to paint out side hood only with white as Black color absorb lot of heat during sunny days.

On my previous Vehicles pasting heat treatment materiel have had no effect on the hood paint.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.