• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ban Hybrid Owners From Autolanka?

madmax

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Hybrid Owners from the Forum?

• Hell Yeah!
    • No

my family did! way back before tax cuts were even heard of. as per stafford's records, the first civic hybrid to come to them for a service. ah well... come tax cuts there were many many more people who were way more concerned about the environment that we were. sri lankans are funny creatures

If that is true you deserve a standing ovation

:appl::food-smiley-004:

I guess there are people who truly care as opposed to wannabe posers

Thank you for giving me so much power.

And if you hate hybrids so much why do you keep reading the hybrid threads and posting in them?

WE DONT HATE HYBRIDS ! ! !

we hate posers like you ! :violent-smiley-030:

• Like 1

:appl:

my family did! way back before tax cuts were even heard of. as per stafford's records, the first civic hybrid to come to them for a service. ah well... come tax cuts there were many many more people who were way more concerned about the environment that we were. sri lankans are funny creatures

:appl: :appl:

I remember last year around November there was a ad in the h*t*d of a used civic hybrid at kandy city center.Can't remember the number but think it was bought to SL couple of years back. Was that your's? Just curious.

Hats off for that then...

Also I have been seing about 2 2nd Generation Prius Cars and 1 black 3rd Gen in the Jaic Hilton Car Park (Residents Area) from way early last year obviously way before the new tax took effect.

Paying about 300k in rent every month, I guess they are not the kind of people who'd worry about economy. Parked among a royce, a couple of boxters, 370z, 350z and many other expensive rides, these cars could either be a high-class fashion statement or owned by a few real tree huggers... :)

WE DONT HATE HYBRIDS ! ! !

we hate posers like you ! :violent-smiley-030:

It would be nice if you would learn to read before posting your crap :rolleyes:. They clearly said they hate hybrids..see below...I don't have a problem with that by the way.

+1 so true, i'm hating hybrids more because of those retarded threads.

YOU are the reason people on this forum hate hybrids.

And what is wrong with you for going psycho over an exchange that didn't even involve you, and was written weeks ago and ended weeks ago.

There was a very short period of time when you were posting positive informative helpful information, but I see you have regressed back to your old people-bashing ways...what a waste of a mind...

• Like 1

Congrats man....for bringing in the first Honda hybrid

It would be nice if you would learn to read before posting your crap :rolleyes:. They clearly said they hate hybrids..see below...I don't have a problem with that by the way.

Did u realize they all say the same thing; they hate hybrids due to people like you or threads started by people like you. Meaning YOU are the reason people hate hybrids; so technically you're doing more hard than good by doing what you're doing right now :D

• Like 1

Did u realize they all say the same thing; they hate hybrids due to people like you or threads started by people like you. Meaning YOU are the reason people hate hybrids; so technically you're doing more hard than good by doing what you're doing right now :D

In case you haven't guessed, I have no problem with people hating hybrids. :D

And if those people are so weak minded that they can actually hate because of a few threads on an online forum, that's their big problem.

And if those people are so weak minded that they can actually hate because of a few threads on an online forum, that's their big problem.

Nice joke Mr. Nikan, keep them coming. :jumping-smiley-013:

I have few questions. Did you had any technical issues due to the climatic and other conditions in Sri lanka, and how long have you been using your hybrid? What repairs have you done, and what can you say about the cost of maintanance of your civic hybrid compared to non hybrid vehicles.

CNN) -- Toyota is recalling almost 106,000 early-model Prius because of a problem with the power steering and gear box.

In the United States, the recall affects about 52,000 2001-2003 Prius sold in the United States, the company said Wednesday.

If the steering wheel is repeatedly turned to the full-lock position in these models, some of the nuts in the gear box may become loose, the company said.

As a result,the driver will have to exert "significant increased steering effort" while trying to turn the car, it said.

The company will begin sending out letters to customers in early July. The repair, which will take about four hours, will be completed at no cost to the car owners.

CNN, today... be careful, try not to turn the wheel too much in your Prius, nuts might fall off... :):action-smiley-060::alc:

CNN, today... be careful, try not to turn the wheel too much in your Prius, nuts might fall off... :):action-smiley-060::alc:

I thought prius owners didnt have nuts :D

It would be nice if your brain was actually functional ! read again !

And what is wrong with you for going psycho over an exchange that didn't even involve you, and was written weeks ago and ended weeks ago.

By bad didnt realize that you were man-struating, I'll get back to you once things are normal

There was a very short period of time when you were posting positive informative helpful information, but I see you have regressed back to your old people-bashing ways...what a waste of a mind...

I multitask, i help poeple with genuine questions while bashing dumbasses at the same time :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by The Stig

• 1 month later...

1st generation hybrids of Toyota found electronic problems in the car leads to stop the car While driving, so Toyota started recalling the particular hybrid lot to Japan. Hybrid owners contact there sales agent and confirm your car is ok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2%80%932011_Toyota_vehicle_recalls

Edited by jami

• 8 months later...

I have few questions. Did you had any technical issues due to the climatic and other conditions in Sri lanka, and how long have you been using your hybrid? What repairs have you done, and what can you say about the cost of maintanance of your civic hybrid compared to non hybrid vehicles.

Sorry, rover. Just saw this thread after ages! We've had it since i posted this. And except for regular maintenance, no trouble from the car so far. Mileage is a constant 15-16kmpl and the battery keeps humming along just fine.

No issues at all

My think is No matter what you own even a trishow or a bicycle you have right to be in this community.

It's not about what you own and drive...it's all about how you behave here.

Hybrids got a bad rap thanks to a few google heroes who took on people who actually have hands on experience with cars. In real life and not only on cyberspace.

• Like 3