• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ban Hybrid Owners From Autolanka?

madmax

117 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Hybrid Owners from the Forum?

• Hell Yeah!
    • No

Disclaimer: This poll is not intended to offend any particular person or group. It is merely to add some excitement to a forum that has lost the 'fun' factor!

Hi Guys, I thought it would be fun to see how many forum members see hybrid owners as a breed of evil motorists. (if we can call them that) :angry-smiley-048: I remember the good old days when the AL forum was full of talk about 'real' cars. Nowadays all we see is "how many MPG does your Prius get?" or "should I buy this car?" Being one of the very first members of Autolanka, I hate to witness what's happening.

Nope not happening. Besides, how is that different from "How many kmpl should my Maruti get?". Replace with Allion, Axio, Corolla, Swift etc as required.

Also, what about more fun options? Guess the CRZ is the only slightly fun option in SL currently. But there are others. Probably more in the works.

Nope not happening. Besides, how is that different from "How many kmpl should my Maruti get?".

Haven't you noticed how the hybrid has managed to surpass the Maruti?

Disclaimer: This poll is not intended to offend any particular person or group. It is merely to add some excitement to a forum that has lost the 'fun' factor!

Hi Guys, I thought it would be fun to see how many forum members see hybrid owners as a breed of evil motorists. (if we can call them that) :angry-smiley-048: I remember the good old days when the AL forum was full of talk about 'real' cars. Nowadays all we see is "how many MPG does your Prius get?" or "should I buy this car?" Being one of the very first members of Autolanka, I hate to witness what's happening.

Hats off to the senior member.! And I bring this to your notice with all due respect.

Don't you think you should act upon what you want Autolanka to be? I too personally don't fancy people trying to save the cents out of petrol, and asking the forum if the corolla is better than sunny. But if you need the forums to provide the same thrill it used to give you, why don't YOU start some interesting topics?? so that we, the juniors, will learn from you and carry the good stuff forward?

• Like 2

I have. And we never banned Maruti owners back in the day either, so doubt it'll happen here.

Anyway, hopefully, the mania will die down with the tax increases.

Just for the heck of it, I voted YEAH!

Unfotunately we love in a democracy, so we have to allow everyone to voice their opinions and concerns... no matter how perverted it can be :D So if the poll is for real, then I would be against it:D

(PS. No offense intended)

Edited by Crosswind

Madmax,

Your correct. As you can see I also joined AL in the same era.(Honda EG8 bodykit days :) ) Intiallly we did get others opinion in what car to buy. But now new members just come in and open new threads without searching or going trough old forums. It's been nearly 5 years since I reactivated my ID in AL until yesterday (30/04/2011). I was dipressed to see people arguing,condeming each other & finding Grammer mistakes rather than discussing about vehicles.

Any ways for Hybrid fans, we'll leave them to discuss there own issues & opinions. :alc:

Edited by Crishan
  • Like 2

Madmax,

Your correct. As you can see I also joined AL in the same era.(Honda EG8 bodykit days :) ) Intiallly we did get others opinion in what car to buy. But now new members just come in and open new threads without searching or going trough old forums. It's been nearly 5 years since I reactivated my ID in AL until yesterday (30/04/2011). I was dipressed to see people arguing,codeming each other & finding Grammer mistakes rather than discussing about vehicles.

Any ways for Hybrid fans, we'll leave them to discuss there own issues & opinions. :alc:

How about starting AutoHybridLanka.com :D

I feel theres more issues than just the hybrid fans in AL now.

As an old member of AL from the previous forum we had (though I may not have posted much here, i did read AL forums a lot), I remember those days with shakster, fuzzo, madz.... and all it was more interesting. It could also be something to do with people being more tolerate to each other(I'm not saying this against your poll here, but as in general seeing where AL is heading)

yes fuel consumption threads are blooming everywhere, but maybe its because thats what people interested in these days. But I feel people need to tolerate those and if they think there are better things to post, they should themselves do that. And if one doesnt want to be a part of those conversations, why not just ignore them.

Also AL always was a site where good help was given to automotive related problems, so its not surprising to see new people coming here with their problems. It may be about their Prius or the RX8, but why cant we just try to stick to the topic without trying to generalize people and their choice of cars?

just my two cents

• Like 3

Dunno about all the hybrid owners but there are one or two so called fanboys here with hidden agendas that I'd like to see the back of.I've noticed one of 'em leaving comments on member profiles saying to contact them regarding various vehicle purchases/exports.

• Like 1

:lol: this maddest thread ever.I would like to keep my blood pressure at it's normal level ,so i won't participate with these kind of ridiculous threads.. :lol:

Machan,No need to get our blood pressure raised for such silly threads, lets us just ignore that mad fellow and continue our important and timely discussions as usual. Let the mad fellow have his own fun.

Edited by rover

Machan,No need to get our blood pressure raised for such silly threads, lets us just ignore that mad fellow and continue our important and timely discussions as usual. Let the mad fellow have his own fun.

Ah yes...I see 15 posts worth 'important and timely discussions' :mosking:

Edited by MasterDon

I think everyone should given a chance to ask their questions and get the opinion/help from the others.

I believe the point of having a forum is helping each other with their experience.

If senior people think they should control this right, then it will be a problem for the juniors like me who are looking to learn from them.

I think question on Hybrids are very valid today.

• Like 1

Yesterday Ripper and i were at DeSilva's getting an evaluation on my Punto for insurance purposes when an unregistered Prius drove in.

I am not exaggerating when I tell that car was in such shitty condition. The seats looked as if someone had diarrhea inside, the engine bay looked like it was soaked in salt and caustic soda and then driven through ash. Car has 2 different types of alloys.

Funny thing is we asked around to see it belonged to a famous car sale. This is how the bring them here, clean them up and sell it to a penny pinching moron who will be happy about the car's 25Kmpls ability...till something blows.

Hey MadMax, since you are also in the US. I have a friend who is in the FDNY. He said that apparently they need special training to attend to Prius crashes due to the High Voltages present. Is that true?

Hey MadMax, since you are also in the US. I have a friend who is in the FDNY. He said that apparently they need special training to attend to Prius crashes due to the High Voltages present. Is that true?

Very possible. Just a while ago I was reading an article that indicated something similar.

Edited by madmax

I think everyone should given a chance to ask their questions and get the opinion/help from the others.

I believe the point of having a forum is helping each other with their experience.

If senior people think they should control this right, then it will be a problem for the juniors like me who are looking to learn from them.

I think question on Hybrids are very valid today.

yes you are right there is no better time to talk regarding hybrids than now,as it just hit in to the market.as i highlighted above do not ever expect a favorable or any expert replies regarding hybrids specially Prius,from senior members.what i have experienced here is AL senior members are little bit of biased on Euro cars.I maybe wrong but This is what i feel. If you are going to expect some expert idea from them,most probably you are not going to get it as senior members won't use hybrids and i noticed most of them prefers to stay with conventional petrol engine euro cars.

What i personally feel is AL should be a auto mobile community which is open for all type of preferences.I think i have made here fare enough explanation.I'm junior than you in this forum although i made more posts than you from few months.

I'm not biased to any specific type or brand,I would like to experience various types as time goes just to make a fare comparison.I have owned and driven following cars up to today and satisfied with all with various factors.

01.Nissan Mirage (First car owned)

02.BMW E36 (bros car)

03.Honda Jazz(Owned)

04.Mazda Demio (owned)

05.Toyota Axio (Owned)

06.BMW E46 (bros present car)

07.Cadillac CTS (my uncle own car in Taiwan)

08.Toyota Prius (Present car)

even though the all the above cars manufactured with various options and with other specifications i enjoyed all the cars.There is something unique in every car that we have to feel and satisfied ourselves.

AS humans are not perfect i don't think there is a car on this earth made to satisfy every human being. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE
  • Like 3

I also read and even stated a new thread here about sudden acceleration problem possibly happening due to high voltage presence.Seen a video on CNN regarding the same.still haven't noticed any indecent in Asia. :unsure:

Dunno about all the hybrid owners but there are one or two so called fanboys here with hidden agendas that I'd like to see the back of.I've noticed one of 'em leaving comments on member profiles saying to contact them regarding various vehicle purchases/exports.

Dude, you see that sorta thing, msg me immediately!

yes you are right there is no better time to talk regarding hybrids than now,as it just hit in to the market

Don't be ridiculous dude. Just coz it took a tax break to get you guys talking about the Prius and buying it doesn't mean it just hit our shows. Its been around at least 3-4 years, and we have already discovered and discussed it. It wasn't right for the market then, and it isn't now. Maybe in about a year, since plenty of guinea pigs jumped on the bandwagon, but not yet.