• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

I get ya mate.. I get ya.. :D

Considering the fact that we might be on the same time zone, i guess it`s that time of the day after lunch where the whole world sucks and all you want is to go home and jump on the bed. At least it is over here... :(

Saw a ad in last weeks papers on the Toyota Aqua, the car looks very nice,and much better looking than the Insight or the Prius. Also the cost should be lower. Heard it does 30kmpl !! , also something like 100bhp, and about half of the power from the electric motor so the pick up should be good right ?

I think this car will really catch on, especially after yesterdays petrol hike.

For all you prius owner wannabees...

Just happened to see this, although a 1.8, a prius engine uses something called the Atkinson cycle which gives less power than a traditional 4 stroke engine. :(

I always wondered why prius comes with a 1.8 and now I know why. One less reason to get a priusss...

http://en.wikipedia..../Atkinson_cycle

Atkinson cycle produces less power in exchange for greater efficiency.

Greater efficiency means better KMPL and less exhaust emissions for better environmental friendliness, which are two selling points of the Prius that make it a worldwide bestseller.

• Like 1

Atkinson cycle produces less power in exchange for greater efficiency.

Greater efficiency means better KMPL and less exhaust emissions for better environmental friendliness, which are two selling points of the Prius that make it a worldwide bestseller.

worldwide best seller... dont think so...

#1 selling car in Japan in 2011 (and 2010 and 2009), and in the top 20 in the U.S. as well as other major markets.

http://www.jcarblog....-king-in-japan/

yeah in japan. top 20 doesn't mean shit.., face it.. in the US people buy it mostly to look cool.. japan its understandable. and in SL with these prices i can understand it going right to the top.. personally i will wait till we are forced to buy one of these..

yeah in japan. top 20 doesn't mean shit.., face it.. in the US people buy it mostly to look cool.. japan its understandable. and in SL with these prices i can understand it going right to the top.. personally i will wait till we are forced to buy one of these..

A lot depends on the type of work u use one. For example if the car is driven mainly for the school run, lot of traffic the most important aspect would be safety, and power or 0 - 60 numbers are not that relevant.

Some are slowly changing their tune ;)

Yup...I notice the change also. ;)

Where?..I don't see any difference of opinion from the regular members.Only posers like CarbonB4 change their tune from time to time...

Still no gay hybrid for me please...just started work on a massive 5.2litre V8 petrol. :)

• Like 1

I think discussing cars and not people will be more productive.

I drive a V6 and ride a Straight 6, that's my choice and I have no issues with anyone who likes, discusses, buys, drives / rides a 50cc scooter or a W16 Veyron or a Hybrid for that matter.

After all this is an auto forum is it not?

• Like 1

Saw a ad in last weeks papers on the Toyota Aqua, the car looks very nice,and much better looking than the Insight or the Prius. Also the cost should be lower. Heard it does 30kmpl !! , also something like 100bhp, and about half of the power from the electric motor so the pick up should be good right ?

I think this car will really catch on, especially after yesterdays petrol hike.

Agreed. The Aqua hybrid (Prius C outside Japan) has the potential to be even more popular than the regular Prius. I think we'll see a lot of Aquas on our roads within the next few years.

toyota_aqua_f34_ns_122711_717.jpg

There were 120,000 orders in 5 days when it went on sale in Japan. Toyota expected 12,000 orders.

http://www.jcarblog....target-tenfold/

I think discussing cars and not people will be more productive.

I drive a V6 and ride a Straight 6, that's my choice and I have no issues with anyone who likes, discusses, buys, drives / rides a 50cc scooter or a W16 Veyron or a Hybrid for that matter.

After all this is an auto forum is it not?

Intersting combo, what are these two cars, if I may ask?