• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

I think discussing cars and not people will be more productive.

I drive a V6 and ride a Straight 6, that's my choice and I have no issues with anyone who likes, discusses, buys, drives / rides a 50cc scooter or a W16 Veyron or a Hybrid for that matter.

After all this is an auto forum is it not?

I guess the profile picture explains this part :)

Looks like a CBX correct me if im wrong, or is it a beamer ?

Agreed. The Aqua hybrid (Prius C outside Japan) has the potential to be even more popular than the regular Prius. I think we'll see a lot of Aquas on our roads within the next few years.

Of course. It cheaper and does better on fuel. I'm sure the millions of people who love A to B transport would love it. But if you think it'll get popular on AL... well, wrong target market. Basically you're peddling your BS in the wrong place. I hear there is a hybrid specific forum, why don't you try your sales there?

• Like 1

Only posers like CarbonB4 change their tune from time to time...

I think you have got it wrong yet again... I have NOT changed may tune.

I strongly believe that Hybrids WILL succeed in Sri Lanka, and I stand by what I said. It does not mean that I love hybrids ( Prius or Insight) or will buy one anytime soon. But the future is changing, have a look at the below list of Hybrids, there is one expected to get to 60mph in 2.5 !!! and its only going to get better.

http://greensupercar.com/category/hybrid-sport-cars/

http://inhabitat.com/jaguar-confirms-plans-to-build-fastest-jaguar-ever-hybrid-cx75-supercar/

There is no other substitute for faster power transfer than electric power. Thats why almost all major car manufactures are working on hybrids and spending millions of $ on fine tuning the hybrid, and even looking at 100% electric cars.

I think you have got it wrong yet again... I have NOT changed may tune.

I strongly believe that Hybrids WILL succeed in Sri Lanka, and I stand by what I said. It does not mean that I love hybrids ( Prius or Insight) or will buy one anytime soon. But the future is changing, have a look at the below list of Hybrids, there is one expected to get to 60mph in 2.5 !!! and its only going to get better.

http://greensupercar...rid-sport-cars/

http://inhabitat.com...-cx75-supercar/

There is no other substitute for faster power transfer than electric power. Thats why almost all major car manufactures are working on hybrids and spending millions of $ on fine tuning the hybrid, and even looking at 100% electric cars.

'CARBON B4',

There is no other substitute for faster power transfer than electric power.

You have posted very good point on power transfer.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I dunno about you guys, but I will stick with internal combustion ONLY engines for as long as I can... :) Gimme a gas guzzling, oil burning, smoking, loud, shaky engine any time. Once this hybrid/electric craze stops being a novelty and is mainstream and a no brainer, I might consider. Till then, please, stop preaching the crap on how great they are and all that. They are great, in their own ways, but you will not find me genuflecting in front of a Prius every morning and act like a bunch of Happy Clappy Jehovah's Witnesses or Born Again Christians going door to door trying to convert the non believers. No offense to JWs and AOG members.

• Like 5

I guess the profile picture explains this part :)

Looks like a CBX correct me if im wrong, or is it a beamer ?

You got that right Stiggy

The V6 is a 3.4L Prado

and the Straight 6 is a 1979 Honda CBX1000, and yes that's the actual bad a$$ engine featured in the profile pic

Edited by HardHat
  • Like 1

You got that right Stiggy

The V6 is a 3.4L Prado

and the Straight 6 is a 1979 Honda CBX1000, and yes that's the actual bad a$$ engine featured in the profile pic

Bows head in respect.... a 4 wheel with a I6 is one thing, but a 2 wheel... awesome. Is this in Sri Lanka? CAn't seem to have seen a bike with that many pipes, I must say...

Bows head in respect.... a 4 wheel with a I6 is one thing, but a 2 wheel... awesome. Is this in Sri Lanka? CAn't seem to have seen a bike with that many pipes, I must say...

Thanks for the compliments mate, no not in SL this one is in Aus

I would enjoy riding this on twisting and winding SL roads 100 times than in here though

Going way off the topic but here are a couple of pics

P8140789Small.jpg

P8140785Small.jpg

• Like 2

So let me get this right, there are dickless twats out there, who creates handles called RETALIATION just to take on the seniors? How sad and pathetic is that? Seriously? I bet you were beaten up by the neighborhood girls for stealing their dolls and Kompittu cups.

• Like 2

So let me get this right, there are dickless twats out there, who creates handles called RETALIATION just to take on the seniors? How sad and pathetic is that? Seriously? I bet you were beaten up by the neighborhood girls for stealing their dolls and Kompittu cups.

best thing to do is "ignore" :)