• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

LOL....

It's quite amusing how people try to cover up their cheapness of buying a Prius by posting 'exciting' hybrid related news...you bought the Prius cos it's cheap dumbass,that's it!...Jeeze even an allion costs more.

Aiyo malli, which part of it made you wobble? The hybrid part or the V8 thingy. :)

btw I see you havn't cast your vote yet. You smart bugger. I think you are the smartest out of the lot.

Edited by rover

You can't compare Prius 1.8l engine with the regular 4 stroke engines. As some one else said it uses modified Atkinson cycle and the 2010 Prius 1.8l generates just 98 HP only.

Although hybrid motor adds some more HP, at times it has to steal the power to charge the battery as well.

Yup Yup...And also consider the added weight of the batteries at the back and the front weighed down by the engine equals to woeful understeer...Hardly what you call sporty...but of course to the normal Prius driver who resently just upgraded from driving a threewheeler, it must feel like a Bugatti.

Aiyo malli, which part of it made you wobble? The hybrid part or the V8 thingy. :)

Hi aiyye....Don't you realize that Toyota only fitted a tiny battery to a big V8 to keep the hippies happy?...I bet the 'evil' gasoline engine will be doing most of the work...heck even Audi are running two hybrids alongside their dominant diesels this year so that hollywood celebrities and eco posers would buy their cars...It's all to do with marketing and image aiyye...

And don't flatter yourself that racing technology is also in your Prius,coz it's not

"But the TS030 Hybrid is different with Hybrid Synergy Drive found on Prii and Lexus models that have coloring the street. The TS030 Hybrid will bring a Toyota Hybrid System Racing powertrain or called THS-R..... "

Admit it man.You don't care about the Prii's racing hertage,you don'ty even care about the so called eco friendliness of it...You just bought it cos it's cheap and it's efficient(though some diesels do much better)...

now if any of you have bought a first gen Prius when it was available here.You will ofcourse have my respect as an environmentally concious person.

All this snot nosed faggots who talk about Prius and Hybrids in AL did not buy their hybrid because they wanted to be 'pioneers' as some fag or other said said, they all bought them because the TAXES CAME DOWN!!!! If the GOSL increased the taxed instead of lowering them, even Rover would be driving a normal car.

Malli, hiken puna malli, hiken puna!!!

• Like 1

Besides, I don't understand why it is that you can't understand that hybrids are a temporary stop gap measure until alternatives are mainstream.

I do understand that and I've said many times that hybrids are a stop gap measure until electric/hydrogen cars are mainstream.

I think what you're not taking into account is the amount of time it will take alternative vehicles to become mainstream. It won't take years, it will take DECADES. So this 'hybrid stopgap' is not only going to be dominant for the next few years, it's going to be dominant for the next few decades.

Just today, I read ( http://www.nytimes.c...s.html?_r=1 ) that plug-in vehicles are predicted to account for only 4.5% of the global market by 2025, and most of that will be in developed markets. It will take decades for electric/hydrogen vehicles to become mainstream in Sri Lanka, so in the meantime hybrids are here to stay for a long long time.

Edited by Californikan

Hybrid vehicle such as third generation prius(2010) can match to a 2500 cc engine capacity car coz 1.8 litre engine +plus High power electric motor.(even world's fastest train TGV driven by electric motors) this is to give some idea to all these anti hybrid people.

Listen dumbass, before you make a retarded comment like that do some research. You even make the normally retarded Rover and Californikan sound smarter.

Toyota Hybrid System Gasoline engine:

1.8 L 2ZR-FXE I4 Dual VVT-i(Atkinson cycle)

Power: 98 hp (73 kW; 99 PS) @ 5200 rpm

Torque: 105 lb·ft (142 N·m) 105 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

Hybrid system total: 134 hp (100 kW; 136 PS)

Take note, 136ps.

Now take for instance my favourite pot Jap, the venerable SR20DE,

Maximum power:

140 hp-169 hp at 6400 rpm (SAE net)

and its crazy cousin the SR20VE

The 2.0 L SR20VE has Nissan's Neo VVLvariable valve timing with lift control. It produces 190 PS (139 kW) @7000 rpm and 144 lb·ft (196 Nm) @6000 rpm and later (2001–2003) 205 PS (150 kW) @7200 rpm and 206 nm @5200 rpm

That's only a 2.0 litre engine my retreded misinformed friend, now lets talk about your favorite engine, the 2.5 lite engines, lets take the my personal favouite, the Alfa Romeo 2.5 V6,

The original engine displaced 2.5 L (2,492 cc (152.1 cu in)) and produced 158 PS (116 kW; 156 hp). It was a 2-valve-per-cylinder design with a single belt-driven camshaft per cylinder bank and six carburettors fitted.

Fuel injection was added for the 1983 Alfa 6, which produced the same 158 PS (116 kW; 156 hp). The 2-valve engine ended its life in theAlfa 155, where there were two series for this engine, the 2.5 L developing 166 PS (122 kW; 164 hp). Differences between them were small and only on torque and power delivery producing exactly the same horsepower. Crtsy WIKI

Lets not even talk about the numbers on the Alfa Romeo 3.0 V6, which I happen to own and drive DAILY. I have seen faggots like you flutter in my wake turbulence on the E01 when I overtake them.

And then there is my other favourite 2.5 lite engine, the silky smooth BMW M52, in any of its form... :)

M52B25 2.5 L (2494 cc/152 in³) 123 kW (170 hp) @ 5500 245 N·m (181 lb·ft) @ 3950

I hope you can recognize the numbers within these data. Next time you open that anus of yours, make sure you know what youa re talking about. Now get on that stupid prius of yours and go fly a kite.

Edited by VVTi

All this snot nosed faggots who talk about Prius and Hybrids in AL did not buy their hybrid because they wanted to be 'pioneers' as some fag or other said said, they all bought them because the TAXES CAME DOWN!!!! If the GOSL increased the taxed instead of lowering them, even Rover would be driving a normal car.

Malli, hiken puna malli, hiken puna!!!

Damn right. But you have been posting this same statement over and over again, and you think AL community is stupid or what? and it just don't make any sense to the topic.

Now whose hiken puna wenne malli !!!!

Machang, TAXES came down, and all of a sudden Hybrid experts were born in Sri Lanka, that's the truth... ;)

None of you buggers were aware of the number of gen 1 Hybrids that were in SL before the taxes came down, right? Would you rather kotai suppu than talk about something you don't know?

• Like 1

i bet i can out run the prius with a new 1000 CC alto.. or my wife's swift in SL... i would have loved to be in SL and especially see that sanjeev idiot on the road.. i will personally put everything a side and make it a personal vendetta to over take the bugger.. let him pass and overtake again.. and make him wish he walked with his mini....or whatever that means...

Yup Yup...And also consider the added weight of the batteries at the back and the front weighed down by the engine equals to woeful understeer...Hardly what you call sporty...but of course to the normal Prius driver who resently just upgraded from driving a threewheeler, it must feel like a Bugatti.

Hi aiyye....Don't you realize that Toyota only fitted a tiny battery to a big V8 to keep the hippies happy?...I bet the 'evil' gasoline engine will be doing most of the work...heck even Audi are running two hybrids alongside their dominant diesels this year so that hollywood celebrities and eco posers would buy their cars...It's all to do with marketing and image aiyye...

You are missing the point here.In the very near future you will be talking not only about V8's or straight 6's but the hybrid systems combined with them. I'm pretty sure that you will live to see these changes, and probably do some mods on those beasts!

And don't flatter yourself that racing technology is also in your Prius,coz it's not

err No. I don't flatter myself nor do I admitt that racing technology is in the prii. But It is the car of the future.

"But the TS030 Hybrid is different with Hybrid Synergy Drive found on Prii and Lexus models that have coloring the street. The TS030 Hybrid will bring a Toyota Hybrid System Racing powertrain or called THS-R..... "

Admit it man.You don't care about the Prii's racing hertage,you don'ty even care about the so called eco friendliness of it...You just bought it cos it's cheap and it's efficient(though some diesels do much better)...

now if any of you have bought a first gen Prius when it was available here.You will ofcourse have my respect as an environmentally concious person.

I know atleast one whose active on another forum, and don't come here for obvious reasons.

Listen dumbass, before you make a retarded comment like that do some research. You even make the normally retarded Rover and Californikan sound smarter.

Toyota Hybrid System Gasoline engine:

1.8 L 2ZR-FXE I4 Dual VVT-i(Atkinson cycle)

Power: 98 hp (73 kW; 99 PS) @ 5200 rpm

Torque: 105 lb·ft (142 N·m) 105 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

Hybrid system total: 134 hp (100 kW; 136 PS)

Take note, 136ps.

Now take for instance my favourite pot Jap, the venerable SR20DE,

Maximum power:

140 hp-169 hp at 6400 rpm (SAE net)

and its crazy cousin the SR20VE

The 2.0 L SR20VE has Nissan's Neo VVLvariable valve timing with lift control. It produces 190 PS (139 kW) @7000 rpm and 144 lb·ft (196 Nm) @6000 rpm and later (2001–2003) 205 PS (150 kW) @7200 rpm and 206 nm @5200 rpm

That's only a 2.0 litre engine my retreded misinformed friend, now lets talk about your favorite engine, the 2.5 lite engines, lets take the my personal favouite, the Alfa Romeo 2.5 V6,

The original engine displaced 2.5 L (2,492 cc (152.1 cu in)) and produced 158 PS (116 kW; 156 hp). It was a 2-valve-per-cylinder design with a single belt-driven camshaft per cylinder bank and six carburettors fitted.

Fuel injection was added for the 1983 Alfa 6, which produced the same 158 PS (116 kW; 156 hp). The 2-valve engine ended its life in theAlfa 155, where there were two series for this engine, the 2.5 L developing 166 PS (122 kW; 164 hp). Differences between them were small and only on torque and power delivery producing exactly the same horsepower. Crtsy WIKI

Lets not even talk about the numbers on the Alfa Romeo 3.0 V6, which I happen to own and drive DAILY. I have seen faggots like you flutter in my wake turbulence on the E01 when I overtake them.

And then there is my other favourite 2.5 lite engine, the silky smooth BMW M52, in any of its form... :)

M52B25 2.5 L (2494 cc/152 in³) 123 kW (170 hp) @ 5500 245 N·m (181 lb·ft) @ 3950

I hope you can recognize the numbers within these data. Next time you open that anus of yours, make sure you know what youa re talking about. Now get on that stupid prius of yours and go fly a kite.

i dont think these buggers understand technical stuff like this man.. they have to be humiliated on the streets to come to thier senses.. i have done it quite a lot of times when i had the astina and legacy.. but the legacy people understood. astina was a different story.... the look on their faces when u wizz pass... and i see their rev counter all the way to the red line.. and i am like oh man....

I may drive a normal Toyota Vios. It's more an A-B car for me and the family.

Might consider a hybrid if fuel prices become too much of an issue in the future.

But I cannot sacrifice even the little bit of the enjoyment I get from petrol engines. oh that sound it makes !!

I would not have gone for the night races if it had featured any so called 'quiet' supercars of the future running on battery!

A petrolhead is always a petrolhead.

As someone said, even if I am forced to own a hybrid while they are cheap, I definitely will have a pure petrol car in my shed

I do understand that and I've said many times that hybrids are a stop gap measure until electric/hybrid cars are mainstream.

I think what you're not taking into account is the amount of time it will take alternative vehicles to become mainstream. It won't take years, it will take DECADES. So this 'hybrid stopgap' is not only going to be dominant for the next few years, it's going to be dominant for the next few decades.

Just today, I read ( http://www.nytimes.c...s.html?_r=1 ) that plug-in vehicles are predicted to account for only 4.5% of the global market by 2025, and most of that will be in developed markets. It will take decades for electric/hydrogen vehicles to become mainstream in Sri Lanka, so in the meantime hybrids are here to stay for a long long time.

Hmm.... well I guess that 'temporary stop gap' is going to be for a long long time. Already it's been almost 15 years.

Hmm.... well I guess that 'temporary stop gap' is going to be for a long long time. Already it's been almost 15 years.

That's a pretty idiotic statement. If you knew anything about technology, you would know that most have been in the development phase for years and have existed long before they hit the mainstream. LCDs are a good example. So are hybrids. Just because you don't see an alternative on the roads now does not mean it doesn't exist. Eventually a corporation will decide to bring the technology out into the market place and make big profits, both by selling the product and licensing.

err No. I don't flatter myself nor do I admitt that racing technology is in the prii. But It is the car of the future.

You are missing the point here.In the very near future you will be talking not only about V8's or straight 6's but the hybrid systems combined with them. I'm pretty sure that you will live to see these changes, and probably do some mods on those beasts!

OK maybe.The futures not ours see neda...but NOW hybrids are nothing more than marketing a gimmick for car companies,a fad for hipsters to follow etc etc...so untill that rosy future you predict actually materializes and this technology becomes truly functional(to suite my needs) I will remain a "conservative".

I know atleast one whose active on another forum, and don't come here for obvious reasons.

Ok so kudos to that gentleman,maximum respect!.Now he was a true pioneer to go for an unproven technology at a higher cost....But you and Cali on the other hand are just cheap,poser,fake-hippy motherf*ckers. ;)

What exactly is wrong with buying a relatively cheap economical car?

Absolutely nothing...but trying to hype a pointless,souless and slow car out to be something it is not is what's wrong.For example read 'sanjeev's posts,What utter bullshit.Cali and the what butt gang's posts are no better,they're just not as stupid.

What exactly is wrong with buying a relatively cheap economical car?

Nothing

Whats wrong is buying a cheap car and trying to pretend that its an f1 car, and the fact that they bought the cheap car because they actually care about the environment and become self proclaimed pioneers when in fact the main reason they bought it was so that they can save on fuel.

Edited by The Stig

How amusing. So hybrids are mainstream? But people who want them are "pioneers" and people who don't are "following the herd"?

Now how about you stop with the lies and disinformation and go away?

You mean the company that couldn't even manage its own revenues and needed a $25 BILLION bailout from the government made a prediction on the future? Oh me oh my.

And besides, this article talks about the Chevy Volt, which is a plug in HYBRID. Did the HYBRID part of the equation escape you when you thought it was a electric/hydrogen vehicle?

Cali, you have 0 credibility, despite what your brown nosing buddy thinks. Now stop acting like you know what your talking about (hint: You have NO IDEA) and go away.

That's a pretty idiotic statement. If you knew anything about technology, you would know that most have been in the development phase for years and have existed long before they hit the mainstream. LCDs are a good example. So are hybrids. Just because you don't see an alternative on the roads now does not mean it doesn't exist. Eventually a corporation will decide to bring the technology out into the market place and make big profits, both by selling the product and licensing.

Hybrid technology was in the devolopment phase for many years and it became mainstream about 15 years back. So what we are actually arguing is about a proven and tested technology. So is the full EV's. There's going to be many years until we see these EV's on our roads.

And 'hybrid cars are a stop gap' was not a statement made by me, I was just quoting it.

Edited by rover

How amusing. So hybrids are mainstream? But people who want them are "pioneers" and people who don't are "following the herd"?

Now how about you stop with the lies and disinformation and go away?

You mean the company that couldn't even manage its own revenues and needed a $25 BILLION bailout from the government made a prediction on the future? Oh me oh my.

And besides, this article talks about the Chevy Volt, which is a plug in HYBRID. Did the HYBRID part of the equation escape you when you thought it was a electric/hydrogen vehicle?

Cali, you have 0 credibility, despite what your brown nosing buddy thinks. Now stop acting like you know what your talking about (hint: You have NO IDEA) and go away.

Twist things however you want (and you are very good at that).

You said:

I don't understand why it is that you can't understand that hybrids are a temporary stop gap measure until alternatives are mainstream.

Let me say what I said earlier in a different way because you are not taking a very important point into consideration.....

Hybrids will continue to be popular for DECADES - even though technically they are a stop gap measure.

Why?

Because the the "until alternatives are mainstream" won't happen for DECADES.

Simple enough for you to understand now?

Edited by Californikan

I may drive a normal Toyota Vios. It's more an A-B car for me and the family.

Might consider a hybrid if fuel prices become too much of an issue in the future.

But I cannot sacrifice even the little bit of the enjoyment I get from petrol engines. oh that sound it makes !!

I would not have gone for the night races if it had featured any so called 'quiet' supercars of the future running on battery!

A petrolhead is always a petrolhead.

As someone said, even if I am forced to own a hybrid while they are cheap, I definitely will have a pure petrol car in my shed

A hybrid drives and sounds like a petrol car (because the petrol engine provides power most of the time).

[/url]

Btw, 115mph = 185kmph

A hybrid drives and sounds like a petrol car (because the petrol engine provides power most of the time).

[/url]

Btw, 115mph = 185kmph

err i dont hear the sound... anyway again besides the point... face it man... u can sell the prius on performance or anything like that.. why are u guys trying to do it.. when even mr.toyota doesn't do that in thier adverts.. whats with u... the prius is a eco friendly, comfortable, fuel saving car.. and thats it... period.....

err i dont hear the sound... anyway again besides the point... face it man... u can sell the prius on performance or anything like that.. why are u guys trying to do it.. when even mr.toyota doesn't do that in thier adverts.. whats with u... the prius is a eco friendly, comfortable, fuel saving car.. and thats it... period.....

I wasn't trying to sell the Prius as a performance car. It isn't by any stretch of the imagination. I chose that video only because it shows how a Prius sounds from a standstill to max speed, which is what the OP was referring to.

Prius is a fuel efficient, low-emissions, relatively comfortable, practical, A-B car that is environmentally friendly. Definitely not a performance or drivers car.

(However, the Prius probably can outrun many cars in SL, not cause Prius is so great or fast, but because many cars in SL are old and slow, and)

• Like 1

Californikan maybe you should quietly do your thing; driving your prius, saving the environment and all that quietly in a corner. Yes the prius may be all of those things youve posted about through your extensive google searches but it seems to me like the people your arguing with dont really care, they are and will remain petrolheads and all this data isnt going to change anything :)

• Like 1