• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Long story short...Car meets with accident,douchebag owner's's fault,half-ass repair job,now gets smoked by mopeds...nothing kickin' in yo! :D

wait so you are telling us that there is a Subaru B4 out there that had met a major accident and received a repair job that was so crappy that it's actually a road hazard? Car to tell us what the license plate number o the said vehicle is? I think it's important to know so that no one will fall into the trap in the future...

Just happen to notice that all the cars in this list except for the Serena are compact or smaller sized cars. I guess it's something to do with the tax concessions that the Japanese government is offering. Even in real life I'v hardly seen any SUV's or larger cars on Japanese roads.

Yup, Prius sales in Japan doubled after the green vehicle tax subsidy went into effect in 2009.

Similar story in the America after a govt tax rebate program went into effect in 2006 to encourage people to purchase hybrid vehicles.

So SL buyers making use of govt hybrid tax concessions to buy a hybrid for cheap is no different from many Japanese, Americans and people in other countries. However, our early hybrid buyers took a bigger risk than hybrid buyers in those countries, because early on there was almost no hybrid support infrastructure in SL.

attributions..

http://www.cbsnews.c...in5135077.shtml

http://www.hybridcar...incentives.html

Edited by Californikan

Yup, Prius sales in Japan doubled after the green vehicle tax subsidy went into effect in 2009.

Similar story in the America after a govt tax rebate program went into effect in 2006 to encourage people to purchase hybrid vehicles.

So SL buyers making use of govt hybrid tax concessions to buy a hybrid for cheap is no different from many Japanese, Americans and people in other countries. However, our early hybrid buyers took a bigger risk than hybrid buyers in those countries, because early on there was almost no hybrid support infrastructure in SL.

attributions..

http://www.cbsnews.c...in5135077.shtml

http://www.hybridcar...incentives.html

Dude, you're digging your hole deeper.

You're only proving that the reason hybrids are getting popular is due to tax breaks not just in SL, but in other countries too..

Dude, you're digging your hole deeper.

You're only proving that the reason hybrids are getting popular is due to tax breaks not just in SL, but in other countries too..

It's not as simple as it seems on the surface.

The tax concessions are designed to 'kick start' hybrid sales and then peter out. The 2006 U.S. tax concessions, for example, ended when a manufacturer sold 60,000 hybrid vehicles after Jan 1st, 2006. Toyota reached the 60,000 limit in a few months.

Yet even though there are no more hybrid tax concessions in the U.S., hybrid sales have remained strong and far above the levels they were at before the tax concessions were put into place.

I have already counteracted those myths many times. If you STILL haven't managed to read them, well, it certainly casts your comprehension skills in doubt. Which doesn't really reflect well on you.

http://www.autolanka...post__p__159788

p.s Sorry for copy pasting some of your words.

I did read that. And the conclusion is that you don't understand about how climates work and effect things. Again, your comprehension problems. And having averages, maybes, should bes and "manufacturer must have thought about it" didn't help your cause either.

Anyway, end of the day, you're just a selfish bugger. You were cheap enough to buy one, and you wanted to trick others into buying one so that the laws of supply and demand means someone would think its a good investment to bring down the maintenance gear, hoping like hell you could get that to happen before your car broke down. And to do this you go around arguing with the chaps who counsel caution and adopt a wait and see attitude by calling them haters. Which of course has the effect of turning them into haters coz no one likes snot-nosed smug-assed buggers who know nothing but act like they know it all, and go around calling themselves early adopters.

Long gone are the days.

Funny, noticed you two doing some brown nosing a few days ago too. So certainly not long gone.

I did read that. And the conclusion is that you don't understand about how climates work and effect things. Again, your comprehension problems. And having averages, maybes, should bes and "manufacturer must have thought about it" didn't help your cause either.

Anyway, end of the day, you're just a selfish bugger. You were cheap enough to buy one, and you wanted to trick others into buying one so that the laws of supply and demand means someone would think its a good investment to bring down the maintenance gear, hoping like hell you could get that to happen before your car broke down. And to do this you go around arguing with the chaps who counsel caution and adopt a wait and see attitude by calling them haters. Which of course has the effect of turning them into haters coz no one likes snot-nosed smug-assed buggers who know nothing but act like they know it all, and go around calling themselves early adopters.

Funny, noticed you two doing some brown nosing a few days ago too. So certainly not long gone.

Well if you have noticed that was written about 7-8 months back and most of what I'v mentioned is becoming true. (although I edited some of it today). And they are not just merely words, it took my 14 years of experience in the line of work which I do (not very far from automotive technology) to come to such conclusions. For a professional like me it's hard to keep quiet when people are misled with wrong information. Sorry for being myself. Anyway I'm not going to waste my time trying to change ones believes. Let the time decide it. If you think that I'm trying to trick others into buying one you are sadly mistaken. Certainly AL is not the place for that. I pity your childish thinking. All those people who bought hybrids didn't buy just because of this thread.

Edited by rover

Well if you have noticed that was written about 7-8 months back and most of what I'v mentioned is becoming true. (although I edited some of it today). And they are not just merely words, it took my 14 years of experience in the line of work which I do (not very far from automotive technology) to come to such conclusions. For a professional like me it's hard to keep quiet when people are misled with wrong information. Sorry for being myself. Anyway I'm not going to waste my time trying to change ones believes. Let the time decide it. If you think that I'm trying to trick others into buying one you are sadly mistaken. Certainly AL is not the place for that. I pity your childish thinking. All those people who bought hybrids didn't buy just because of this thread.

Rover, I saw that in your interest you have mentioned this thi9ng called 'Stealth Driving'.... is it like something where you wear a mask and drive? Or you close your eyes and drive? Or is ist like going without undewear?

Rover, I saw that in your interest you have mentioned this thi9ng called 'Stealth Driving'.... is it like something where you wear a mask and drive? Or you close your eyes and drive? Or is ist like going without undewear?

It's driving on EV mode. I kinda enjoy it. Ever seen the tv series 'Weeds'?.

Edited by rover

Dude, that is EXACTLy what everybody on this thread has been saying all along. It's rather unfortunate that you and cali couldn't get off your high horses for long enough to realize that earlier. Would have definitely made this thread shorter.

What was that someone said about comprehension skills again? I suppose your:

14 years of experience in the line of work which I do (not very far from automotive technology)

Didn't really equip you with much of that. No harm no foul man, at least you've arrived at the conclusion now. Better late than never I always say.

Cheers! :)

Dude, that is EXACTLy what everybody on this thread has been saying all along. It's rather unfortunate that you and cali couldn't get off your high horses for long enough to realize that earlier. Would have definitely made this thread shorter.

What was that someone said about comprehension skills again? I suppose your:

Didn't really equip you with much of that. No harm no foul man, at least you've arrived at the conclusion now. Better late than never I always say.

Cheers! :)

Well I came to a conclusion long before and it'll take years more for you guys to come to the same conclusion.

Edited by rover

Well I came to a conclusion long before and it'll take years more for you guys to come to the same conclusion.

Well Rover a prediction and a conclusion is not the same thing. We will come to the same conclusion when current evidence leads us to that conclusion.

Wow... talk about a high horse. Surely a product of the local university system. :)

Sorry to Disappoint you machang but you are wrong again. I'm not a product of the free eduacation system of this country. In fact I was educated in a private school and finished my tertiary education also in a private institution. But I agree with your opinion about the local university system.

Sorry to Disappoint you machang but you are wrong again. I'm not a product of the free eduacation system of this country. In fact I was educated in a private school and finished my tertiary education also in a private institution. But I agree with your opinion about the local university system.

Good Lord man, I hope you are wearing a helmet at least in case you fall off that horse... :) Wouldn't want you to crack that private Educated brainle... I mean head of yours, now, do we? :) I bet you get invited to all the old class reunions... :)

This thread and the poll is a 'prediction' thread and poll. Do you think X will happen or Y will happen? It's no fun predicting the outcome of a cricket match after the match is over.

In the first few months of the poll, the "FAIL" votes outnumbered the "SUCCEED" votes. Now, almost a year later, that has completely reversed.

Seems the general opinion has done an 'about face'.

Well, my prediction is as the GOSL keep increasing the gas prices, more and more people will end up by gas sipping vehicles, not necessarily Hybrids as the initial investment is beyond many in SL. 4-6 million to spend on a Hybrid is a lot of money many people do not have and in the long run, do you end up saving that much money on gas, anyway?

Most of you are looking at savings on day to day fuel costs and has not taken any long term repairs in to consideration. But at the end of the day, what will be your total cost savings?

CAli/Rover, you know what is so f**king annoying about the two of you? You are like 2 Jehovas' Witnesses, coming and force feeding Hybrids to a motoring public that is either not interested or in that state of mind that they will accept any bullshit from people pretending to be 'experts'. That's what so bloody annoying about you two monkeys. Let people make their own decisions based on their finances, needs and the aspirations in life.

You two bought Hybrids, yaaay,. Goodforf**king you. Now shut up and drive/hypermile/pullmile we don't care.

We all love cars, granted, but none of us spend hours on end cutting and pasting bullshit from all kinds of websites trying to drive a point.

Stop being such a pair of knee biting wankers. You two are worse that than that IsuruJosh in his hayday as the king of VTEC.

• Like 4

Hey Einstein also thought all of his conclusions were correct, turns out they weren't. If we let time settle let time settle it, there is no you were wrong and i was right until the right time !

This thread and the poll is a 'prediction' thread and poll. Do you think X will happen or Y will happen? It's no fun predicting the outcome of a cricket match after the match is over.

In the first few months of the poll, the "FAIL" votes outnumbered the "SUCCEED" votes. Now, almost a year later, that has completely reversed.

Seems the general opinion has done an 'about face'.

Yes and this is the same kind of "General population" that elects morons and imbeciles who haven't even passed grade 8 to the parliament, just because the vote says so deosnt mean the outcome is correct or certain !

Edited by The Stig

i kinda gave up on these two... hybrids will be popular in SL as our motoring public is more about economy and riding from A to B than anything else... and that is exactly what the priass is.. i only get wowned up when idiots like sanjeev and these two try to say its a fast car or its a drivers car...

as soon as the hybrids go below the corrolla prices its gonna boom even more.. thats why u can even a find a spare part for a damn toyota in a pharmacy..

but u gotta admit fellas we can buy our cars for cheaper when morons keep on buying hybrids.. as stig said majority of votes doesn't mean its a right decision or its a perfect decision.. the key flaw in democracy i believe..

as one of my prof's said... "never underestimate the power of morons in large groups" (example "sri lankan voter base"

Edited by charitha19

I say guys, what is the meaning of this? This thread is for the Hybrids, lets keep B4s out of it. Very naughty of you to start that fight.

Now everyone behave and Peri will post pictures from Colombo Fashion Week on FB for everyone to enjoy soon. Including the afterparty pics :D

• Like 2

I noticed CarbonB4's 'come hither' post has been deleted. Or was that another thread?

Hey...!! what happened to all the posts ?

Anyway Peri is right this is not about B4s, but my challenge to MD still stands to prove that I tried to sell my car after the accident and that to, to a fellow A/L member. Making a false accusation is not a decent thing, but I guess we have guys from all walks of life on this forum.

Just think about this.... the car was fully covered by insurance, in fact Eagle was in doubt approving a claim of Rs 650k damage on a car which was insured at only Rs 2.3Mn. I could have easily got the car condemned and walked away with the insured value, but I still did it the hard way and got it fixed. If I had any intention of selling I would not have gone through all that hassle.

But If any of you boys are still concerned and want more details on the accident or the car just send me a pm....