• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

of course they are cheapskates. how much are those hybrids retailing at? 17-21 mil. that's a porsche for montero/prado diesel money. a very inviting prospect for almost anyone.

But are they real porsche customers? not unless they are old money or can afford to buy an s class, at least here anyway. that's why I see so many mudhalali's and the likes of hiace drivers getting out of cayennes (god knows how many of them are leased)

so what hybrids have done here is opened the door for a bunch of middle class people to buy into a badge they couldn't afford earlier, the same way the prius brought motoring to a bunch of idiots who don't even know if their cars have wheels covers or alloys

p.s. expecting a lot of those porsches to go wrong due to bad maintenance etc

Well said mate!

My point is if you have a Hybrid shut the FU#K & drive it, with out walking around saying "hey I have a hybrid & it's the best car in the world".

In fact my father owns a Insight & he bought it after he sold his EK3 (bought brand new) Now that he is retired he does not have big cash to spend & wanted to buy a decent unregisterd car to go around here & there. I have driven it but it's just another car for me. But the way Cali presents him self is like a 18 year old kid has just got his Driving License.

Cali is the perfect sample of the gay-ass prius driver. Not only does he enjoy getting ass-raped by his man-wife at home but he keeps coming back to this thread and posting shit (that doesnt even support what he's trying to prove) only to get further butt-f*&ked by another bunch of dudes... i mean seriously... can he not get enough...

Edited by Watchman

Californikan facts :D :D

when he get out of bed in the morning first thing he do is google something.

he think driving a prius is attractive to girls try to rectify that statement by using stories from hollywood.

he can't tell the difference between hubcaps and alloy wheels in his own car

he was thinking about another and his fingers typed another wow so cool.

without google and wiki there is no californikan in this forum it's easy and simple as that.

he say he have a 99% or 98% factually correct post percentage but everyone know it ain't true.

every time he walk on the street of SL diesel buses going past him with black smock in his face.

his favorite color's are pink and powder blue and he dreams owning a prius with those colors some day.

he think hybrids are the god gift to the motor vehicles and he worship them and his mind is clouded with prius smug clouds.

he say he can make his girl friend ###### 8 or 9 times a day she may be a hybrid as well.

every time he started arguing with someone he dig the hole he in even more at these rate it's becomes a bottomless pit.

when someone come and ask about prius technical or mechanical problems he is nowhere to be seen .

and many say he has gender confusion and that he is confused autolanka with a hybrid site.

he have a boring nondescript completely blend personality and he is the autolank's hybrid cult leader.

his favorite hobbies are driving his prius around looking smug in it hypermiling and google search.

p.s if i miss any thing feel free to add fellas. :D

btw Peri and MADZ if this post is not suitable please remove this post. :) :)

• Like 3

Dont you'll kinda feel sorry for him, I mean he drives a gay prius, the only thing he knows is to google, and he didnt even know as to if his car had hubcaps or not.

I mean if was him after all this I would have jumped off a cliff.

Dont you'll kinda feel sorry for him, I mean he drives a gay prius, the only thing he knows is to google, and he didnt even know as to if his car had hubcaps or not.

I mean if was him after all this I would have jumped off a cliff.

or "වහ කාලා කැලේ හැංගෙනවා"

Dude I don't give a rats ass about how many porsches are in sl as long as they are in the right hands. not with the nouveau riche, who'll just ruin it with bad maintenance cos they just upgraded from a 120 prado, and cause people to make unnecessary stereotyping about genuine porsche buyers who just buy it for the brilliant car it is,

the same way your extensive and rather unnecessary marketing has made the most sensible prius buyer, or the hybrid driver trying to get home in a hurry, look like a complete idiot.

p.s. since you are so good at taking sh*t why don't you come wipe my ass?

+1 to the ezzoo man..

Good thing for everyone that Porsche drivers don't care about the opinion of the herd.

:D

Have you seen the average joe that gets off these new cars? Most fo them were seen in that footage where some Kelaniya goons threw rocks at the MTV office... ;) They all want to emulat etheior boss and buy a 'Porsche'... ;)

I mean if I was him after all this I would have jumped off a cliff.

That's because you're coming from the herd mentality, which manifests as a dependency on the acceptance and approval of others. The thought of not having that acceptance and approval is inconceivable to you and that is the prison you are in.

Dont you'll kinda feel sorry for him,

Naaah dude, no need to feel sorry at all. You have no idea how highly entertaining I find all of this to be.

Look at it this way....

I posted a very relevant news article about local Porsche hybrid sales.

One person wrote a thoughtful intelligent response to the Porsche article, and eight people chose instead to respond to a post about gay ass-wiping.

This is the 'opposition' I face. ROFLMAO!! :lol:

Have you seen the average joe that gets off these new cars? Most fo them were seen in that footage where some Kelaniya goons threw rocks at the MTV office... ;) They all want to emulat etheior boss and buy a 'Porsche'... ;)

Yeah, VVTi, you're right, and it's also true worldwide. The Cayenne has become a favorite vehicle of thugs and goons around the world.

But are they real porsche customers? not unless they are old money or can afford to buy an s class, that's why I see so many mudhalali's and the likes of hiace drivers getting out of cayennes (god knows how many of them are leased)

I don't give a rats ass about how many porsches are in sl as long as they are in the right hands. not with the nouveau riche, who'll just ruin it with bad maintenance cos they just upgraded from a 120 prado and cause people to make unnecessary stereotyping about genuine porsche buyers who just buy it for the brilliant car it is,

What exactly is a 'real' Porsche customer or a 'genuine' Porsche buyer? Whatever your answer is, it's a totally artificial distinction.

In major markets there are 911 drivers who feel that the 911 is the only 'real' Porsche. There are Porsche purists who have owned dozens of Porsches and think that anyone on their first or second Porsche is not a 'real' Porsche owner. There are the original owners of the 356 who see themselves as the real deal. Many of these people would look at who you would consider to be the 'real' and 'genuine' Sri Lankan Porsche owners and laugh their head off.

So let's not be snobby or elitist towards our Sri Lankan Porsche drivers, whoever they are, and for whatever reasons they bought their Porsche. Just be happy for them that they drive a nice car.

Have you seen the average joe that gets off these new cars?

What does that got to do with anything ? If a rich Arab guy buys the latest Lambo guys like you would go wow... but if a local businessman buys a Porche he becomes an "average joe".

What does that got to do with anything ? If a rich Arab guy buys the latest Lambo guys like you would go wow... but if a local businessman buys a Porche he becomes an "average joe".

Yes, correct. The said Arab businessman have enough diosh to pay for the Lambo twice over. While the local 'average joe' bought the Panamera Hybrid bcause of the the concessions. You want to impress the neighbours, buy the damn thing when it was not cheap to do so but...

Buying when the taxes are down... thats such a 'average joe' thing to do... :)

Next dumb question, O' The Champion of Lost Causes. :)

• Like 1

Porsche achieves highest sales ever in Sri Lanka thanks to hybrids

48 out of the 52 Porsches sold in Sri Lanka in 2011 were hybrids

Porsche-Panamera_GTS.jpg

"Those cheapskate hybrid buyers.....just buying their hybrid because of the tax concessions......damn cheapskates!!". "Don't buy a hybrid now. It's still too early to buy a hybrid".-- prevailing wisdom of the herd.

Good thing for everyone that Porsche drivers don't care about the opinion of the herd.

How do you know that they aren't cheapskates who bought it just coz of the tax concessions?

Like Russel Peters says, if you're cheap, you're cheap. If you are cheap and you have money, you're just cheap in better stores.

Put it this way, do you think any of them would have bought a Porsche if there weren't any tax concessions?

Prado buyers who suddenly found a Porsche within reach and bought it to impress the neighbours? Some guy who walked into the Porsche showroom and said "Give me the cheap Porsche"? They'll impress me about at much as some dude who bought a Prius to impress the neighbours. Ziltch.

Not putting all Porsche Hybrid buyers in that group, there are some who actually know cars and the Porsches, hybrid or not, are just one of their cars.

Also Cali, no matter how many times you say it, I'm afraid its YOU who are a member of the herd, not us. Say whatever you want, you're nothing but a boring old consumer product marketeer, and no matter how much you wanna gloss it by tossing around Porsche's brand name, thats all you are, and all you will continue to be.

Let me stress that again. Boring.

One person wrote a thoughtful intelligent response to the Porsche article, and eight people chose instead to respond to a post about gay ass-wiping.

And you bothered to count them? Probably coz you can't respond effectively to the intelligent responses?

See dude, some people see wasting intelligent responses on a fool like yourself is a waste of time. They'd just rather put you down and move on. Unfortunately, some people actually have enough interest in the forum to make sure that an idiot like you doesn't mislead all the people who read it, so they take the trouble to reply properly while wasting their valuable time.

• Like 1

Porsche achieves highest sales ever in Sri Lanka thanks to hybrids

48 out of the 52 Porsches sold in Sri Lanka in 2011 were hybrids

Porsche-Panamera_GTS.jpg

"Those cheapskate hybrid buyers.....just buying their hybrid because of the tax concessions......damn cheapskates!!". "Don't buy a hybrid now. It's still too early to buy a hybrid".-- prevailing wisdom of the herd.

What exactly is a 'real' Porsche customer or a 'genuine' Porsche buyer? Whatever your answer is, it's a totally artificial distinction.

Change your tune much?

That's because you're coming from the herd mentality, which manifests as a dependency on the acceptance and approval of others. The thought of not having that acceptance and approval is inconceivable to you and that is the prison you are in.

Naaah dude, no need to feel sorry at all. You have no idea how highly entertaining I find all of this to be.

Look at it this way....

I posted a very relevant news article about local Porsche hybrid sales.

you lose again..ha ha

In major markets there are 911 drivers who feel that the 911 is the only 'real' Porsche. There are Porsche purists who have owned dozens of Porsches and think that anyone on their first or second Porsche is not a 'real' Porsche owner. There are the original owners of the 356 who see themselves as the real deal. Many of these people would look at who you would consider to be the 'real' and 'genuine' Sri Lankan Porsche owners and laugh their head off.

So let's not be snobby or elitist towards our Sri Lankan Porsche drivers, whoever they are, and for whatever reasons they bought their Porsche. Just be happy for them that they drive a nice car.

you idiot.. all who bought this cheap ass panamera's bought it because they were cheap enough.. have u seen the people who have the 911 and the boxter in SL... u are an idiot and dont know anything about real cars... and from what i see i am doubting ur hybrid knowledge too.. as i said without having ur ass handed out to you to eat all the time.. why dont u post something useful for ur fellow vegetarians...

any real Porsche driver will not even look at the panamera.. its the ugliest thing ever.... once again EPIC FAIL...

i applaud the guys who brought the 4 real Porsche's.. paying the taxes and putting the expensive gas in them... get it fool those guys didnt go for the cheap option.. they had the money to go for anything and they went for the real Porsche..

Edited by charitha19