• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hybrids Fail Or Succeed In Sri Lanka?

• FAIL - Hybrids will NOT become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'FAIL' in Sri Lanka
    • SUCCEED - Hybrids will become accepted and 'mainstream' and will 'SUCCEED' in Sri Lanka

Of all the wonderful cars that CAlifunkiation can talk 7 pages about, he has chosen the most boring and characterless car on the planet. Speaks volume of his real self... :)

I think a one Jeremy Clarkson said it best.

"Driving a Corolla is like eating flour. It's as interesting as the night sky when it's cloudy. In fact it is a cloud, a damp, white, shapeless lump. "

THis applies to that souped up Vesak Budu Ras motor contraption too, I guess... :)

And you can never say. Considering the lack of facilities and the gulibility of your typical buyer (evidenced here at AL, and the comments on that link Watchman put) those 5000+ hybrids will probably provide a pretty good revenue stream even if all they do is change oil. Not much of a cost in terms of labour, material and time, and they can charge a premium from chaps like sauron who seems to think they are riding gods chariot.

Ah but that is not a problem for big Mr.Sauron

Him big Mr.Sauron rolling in money to buy a Lamborghini Toyota Prius, which no one in Sri lanka can even think of buying for another decade!

Him save five cents on petrol with him Lamborghini Toyota Prius

After a decade, big Mr. Sauron would save Rs. 1000 on Petrol on his Lamborghini Toyota Prius. Him use that Rs 1000 to spend on "special" hybrid service care centers

Of all the wonderful cars that CAlifunkiation can talk 7 pages about, he has chosen the most boring and characterless car on the planet. Speaks volume of his real self... :)

I think a one Jeremy Clarkson said it best.

"Driving a Corolla is like eating flour. It's as interesting as the night sky when it's cloudy. In fact it is a cloud, a damp, white, shapeless lump. "

THis applies to that souped up Vesak Budu Ras motor contraption too, I guess... :)

Yup. It's called DIVERSITY. Diversity and acceptance of diversity is a beautiful thing.

Some people are really into supercars. Others are really into classic cars. Others are really into super luxury cars. I'm into zero-emissions tree hugging cars.

Mind you, if I had more money I wouldn't be driving a Prius. I would be driving both of these even greener, even more environmentally friendly, all-electric, zero-emissions Teslas.

Tesla-Model-S-Alpha-Front-Side-View-570x429.jpg

And I'd install a home solar recharger for the Teslas so the cars are totally powered by solar energy. Now this is really being green....more satisfying than a supercar.

Charging-PHEV-2-Small-600x401.jpg

By the way, I suggest that just for fun you go for a test drive in a Prius or Insight and just for fun try going for max kmpl using the fuel computer to coach you. It would be in the same way you would go for your personal best max score on a video game.

You just might find out that saving the planet is more satisfying than driving a supercar.

toyota-prius-display.jpg

Routine regular maintenance on a hybrid is the same as a normal car.

Most hybrids do not require special routine maintenance of the hybrid system so anyone who can change the oil, transmission fluid, spark plugs and fuel and air filters etc can do routine maintenance on a hybrid.

In 5 or 10 or 20 or 30 years you might be eating these words.

Due to the much stricter CAFE standards that are coming into effect in major markets, manufacturers are being forced to make their cars much more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly (lower emissions). Toyota has said each of their car lines will have a hybrid model by the end of this decade and they expect the Prius cars to overtake the Corolla and become their best selling car by the end of this decade also.

aha, so wonder why people go to colombo to get a service done then? and wonder why all the people i personaly know who got there hybrids serviced had to pay way more than servicing a normal car..

and no im pretty sure i wont. hydrogen is the future for me.

even after 30 years i still wont own a prius dont worry.

like everyone said, after 20-30 years technology will be way advanced. no need for these high maintenance hybrids by then.

By the way, I suggest that just for fun you go for a test drive in a Prius or Insight and just for fun try going for max kmpl using the fuel computer to coach you. It would be in the same way you would go for your personal best max score on a video game.

Staring at the Screen when playing a computer game may not kill some poor innocent cyclist or pedestrian, but staring at the screen and not watching the road will.

You just might find out that saving the planet is more satisfying than driving a supercar.

No straight dude would ever be caught saying the above.

And nope sorry,I've driven the insight and all gens of the Pri-ass.Not impressed in the least.Its so slow,so ugly and so gay....So I'll stick with destroying the planet....yay!

• Like 1

toyota-prius-display.jpg

i dont think so.. i had tried that horrible excuse for a sporty hybrid crz.. although its quicker than the priass and the rest its still a poser..

i will stick to carbon pollution as well.. thank you.

leo_prius-1.jpg

Tell it to this dude... seducer of over 1000 women and counting...and probably the world's most most well known Prius driver and advocate.

go for it

i doubt that's the car making the influence.... and i am pretty sure if this is true he has some other ride with him and this is all an act..

• Like 1

i doubt that's the car making the influence.... and i am pretty sure if this is true he has some other ride with him and this is all an act..

he genuinely is committed to emissions and vehicle pollution reduction...gives millions of dollars to the cause and has his own foundation to promote green causes. And while he does have other very expensive cars, he most often is spotted driving around LA in his Prius which is his everyday car (and has been for years).

It IS an act machan.Toyota shells out millions of dollars to celebrities to be seen driving the Prius.Seeing that the stupid gullible hippies and homosexuals thought it was 'green' and 'cool',so they bought Prii.

• Like 1

It IS an act machan.Toyota shells out millions of dollars to celebrities to be seen driving the Prius.Seeing that the stupid gullible hippies and homosexuals thought it was 'green' and 'cool',so they bought Prii.

machan, I know this will be a very very very difficult concept for you to wrap your mind around and to "get" , that someone like this who could drive any car in the world he wanted, would choose to drive a Prius as his everyday car.

With this guy it is not an act. Remember I am partly based in America, and I've regularly seen him for 10 years now on American TV, papers, magazines etc passionately pushing environmental causes and driving his Prius around.

This guy is a real tree hugger and has proved it again and again over the years through his actions as well as his words. He totally believes in environmentally friendly cars, it's a passionate cause for him and he has given a lot of money and time and backing to these environmental causes.

And anyways, he is so filthy rich (net worth over $200 million) he does't need money from Toyota. He drives a Prius because he believes in what it stands for and because he wants to.

Prius has been his main car from the 1st gen Prius back in 2001, and Prius (1st, 2nd and 3rd gen)is the car he has been seen driving around Los Angeles in, day in and day out, for years now.

Leo-prius.jpg

Just last month he bought his new girlfriend a 2011 Prius to replace her gas guzzling Range Rover because the RR is not environmentally friendly.

Read this >> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2028923/Leonardo-Di-Caprio-buys-new-Toyota-Prius-girlfriend-Blake-Lively.html

Edited by Californikan

with this guy not an act machan, maybe with others.

dude is a huge proponent of environmentally friendly cars. It's a passionate cause for him and he has given a lot of money and made many free appearances for environmental causes. Plus dude is so rich he don't need money from toyota.

Prius has been his main car since the 1st gen came out back in 2001 and Prius is the car he is most often seen driving.

Leo-prius.jpg

It was in the news just recently that he bought his new girlfriend a 2010 Prius cause she was driving a gas guzzler

Errrm... just so I know, who is this guy?

When EFI first came here all made a big noise just like this. But at that time there was no web forums. Mainly "Bas" at the nearest garage made that hoax. And same thing to Automatic gear boxes.

Think where are we now....?

This is just a beginning..... More than ten years of presence means, hybrids are going to stay in this planet including Sri Lanka.

Hybrids are succeeded than the Wankel Rotary engine... But, are we afraid to buy a Mazda RX8...?

Every manufacturer is producing and expanding there hybrid production..... So.... this tree hugger thing could be a air borne viral decease.

I must say one thing.....

Meny people in Sri Lanka (NOT ALL) buy 15 year old BMW or Alfa just because they are cheap. NOT because of they are good cars. But after buying that they act like the first owner of that car, and laugh at Japanese cars. I think buying a Maruti 800 or a TATA Nano is more decent than that.

Or buy a Micro.... So you can laugh at all other cars.... because you have a car made in Sri Lanka......

• Like 2

When EFI first came here all made a big noise just like this. But at that time there was no web forums. Mainly "Bas" at the nearest garage made that hoax. And same thing to Automatic gear boxes.

Think where are we now....?

This is just a beginning..... More than ten years of presence means, hybrids are going to stay in this planet including Sri Lanka.

Hybrids are succeeded than the Wankel Rotary engine... But, are we afraid to buy a Mazda RX8...?

Every manufacturer is producing and expanding there hybrid production..... So.... this tree hugger thing could be a air borne viral decease.

I must say one thing.....

Meny people in Sri Lanka (NOT ALL) buy 15 year old BMW or Alfa just because they are cheap. NOT because of they are good cars. But after buying that they act like the first owner of that car, and laugh at Japanese cars. I think buying a Maruti 800 or a TATA Nano is more decent than that.

Or buy a Micro.... So you can laugh at all other cars.... because you have a car made in Sri Lanka......

think where we are now... there are auto boxes failing.. EFI engines failing because our idiots still dont know how to diagnose some cars... no matter what owning a BMW or something of some stature is still better than owing some indian crap.. i am sorry that u owned one and feel the need to make ur self feel better.. but the truth is the truth.. even if i had one,, i would never say that it is better to own that than a euro or a proper car... thats just silly.. stupid and down right wrong..

Leonardo DiCaprio (Titanic, Inception etc, and Hollywoods most famous tree hugger)

Your standard for manliness was Leo DiCrap-io? :) Probably 2nd place place in the "that dude must be gay" list in Hollywood after Tom Cruise. And you said seducer of ...

Dude, I'd have been more impressed even if you said Hugh Hefner. Leo? Really? :rolleyes::) Aaaaalrighty then.

• Like 3

@cali: you seem to know a lot about this guy and even what he 'thinks'. Reading what you type about him, one might think that you're his butt-buddy. Which would actually explain the prius.

He must be really good in the sack to still have his GF after making her downgrade from a RR to a compact sedan.

Cali,

Using DeCaprio for this comparison is like saying Mike Tyson is tough because his teeth are white.

I'll give you the fact that he's an Environmentalist but to say he's getting all that poontang is because of his Prius maybe stretching it a wee bit.

He could ride a skateboard barefooted with a bell dangling from his tennis balls and he'll still get all the women he's getting now. Highly doubt they are hanging out with a movie star for what he drives. Besides, most of those women wouldn't know what a Prius is from their ass anyway.

Edited by Mani
  • Like 6