• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Californican A Paid Stooge By Sri Lankan Hybrid Importers?

VVTi

Is Californican a paid stooge by Hybrid importers?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is Californican a paid stooge by Sri Lankan Hybrid importers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know. Maybe the guy is just plain old stupid and is doing this for free.

just curious.. I just googled and realized that the prius also has a normal keyhole on the door. So does that mean it has a key based ignition as well? So should one loose this smart key, they can run it with the metal key?

But i got in interesting scenario...What if they loose the metal key and not use the prius (or any other such car) for a while causing the battery to drain out. How do you get access into the car?

The normal key is to open the door only in the event that your battery dies in the key fob. The smart key fob is needed to start the car. If you loose both your key and fob you're screwed until you get a new one from Toyota and reprogrammed to your ride.

ummm you should probably have an extra key regardless of whether it's a hbrid or not......

True :mellow:

Off-Topic

Next curious question: are there vehicles that come with ONLY the smart key? I've seen some cars that dont have a keyhole near the handle. Off the top of my mine the Nissan GTR and Ford GT.

just curious.. I just googled and realized that the prius also has a normal keyhole on the door. So does that mean it has a key based ignition as well? So should one loose this smart key, they can run it with the metal key?

But i got in interesting scenario...What if they loose the metal key and not use the prius (or any other such car) for a while causing the battery to drain out. How do you get access into the car?

Yes it has a normal keyhole on the door and a normal key inserted into the smart key fob. But there is no key hole to insert the metal key for starting the car. In case that the smart key doesn't function (eg. if battery of the smart key is dead) you can take out the key from it and get access into the car. There is a slot near the power button where you insert the fob and you can turn on the power. This is in the 2nd generation prius, but I saw some selected models (including my previous car) coming with the intelligent key where you dont have to insert the fob anywhere, just keep it inside your pocket.

Edited by rover

The normal key is to open the door only in the event that your battery dies in the key fob. The smart key fob is needed to start the car. If you loose both your key and fob you're screwed until you get a new one from Toyota and reprogrammed to your ride.

I have a interesting question. Say If the battery of the key fob is dead and you insert it into the slot is it possible to turn on the power? I think there's some limit switch which gets pressed when you insert the fob, so even if its not in operation still you can start the car, once you get into the car. Like to try that on my car....or maybe not.

I have a interesting question. Say If the battery of the key fob is dead and you insert it into the slot is it possible to turn on the power? I think there's some limit switch which gets pressed when you insert the fob, so even if its not in operation still you can start the car, once you get into the car. Like to try that on my car....or maybe not.

Pretty sure it will not work on the 2nd gen. Definitely no on the 3rd gen.

LOL how cute ne machan, the fairy godmother came to rescue all the retards from mean old Pro members :laughing-smiley-007:

2gxnq6q.png

Nothing against Hybrid owners, but this is a true incident.A person in my lane (A degree holder and a Manager) bought a Prius from a well known car dealer in Nagoda Kandana (who was previosly survived selling Chinese crappy vehicles). I don't know why this kind of educated dumb asses buy vehicles from dealers without even checking there track record.

This same dealer once sold a van to one of my best buddies brother. After some time he has noticed some corrosion under his van. To see he has bought a lemon since the dealer has sold him a vehicle which was caught to the 2004 Tsunami. After he took legal action, the dealer has threatened him and asked him to withdraw the case. Fearing for his life my friedns brother did withdraw the court case & he was given another van from the dealer and took away the Tsunami one.

When I related this story to the person who bought the precious prius, he said it's OK & said these are the vehicles of the future.(Oh Right!!!!) :angry-smiley-048:

I still can't understand why these people want to make fraud dealers this rich! :blink:

Edited by Crishan

ROFL :lol::lol:

Haters will be haters no matter what. When one of their justifications is disproved or collapses, they come up with another and another and another. And if they are not hating one thing then they will find some other.....

Califor & Rover, GOD's of Sri Lankan Hybrid cars, I bet none of you'll even saw the Prius when it was initialy brought down by Toyota Lanka. I was one of the first few people to go on a test drive. (Lucky me, I live in Wattala & the compnay my father used to work decided to buy a couple of Prius,later they changed their minds considering the cost of maintenance) :action-smiley-060:

Califor & Rover, GOD's of Sri Lankan Hybrid cars, I bet none of you'll even saw the Prius when it was initialy brought down by Toyota Lanka. I was one of the first few people to go on a test drive. (Lucky me, I live in Wattala & the compnay my father used to work decided to buy a couple of Prius,later they changed their minds considering the cost of maintenance) :action-smiley-060:

Can you describe in detail what kind of expensive maintanance your fathers company did on their prius and how much money they spend to change their mind.

And thanks for considering me as GOD, but No. Like to live down here.

Can you describe in detail what kind of expensive maintanance your fathers company did on their prius and how much money they spend to change their mind.

I thought he meant that they decided not to buy the car :unsure:

And thanks for considering me as GOD, but No. Like to live down here.

First of all please answer my question. Did you see the car at Toyota lanka, or saw it for the very first time at a vehicle sale last year after the tax was deducted??? And then joined Autolanka and open new threads as if you owned one for a couple of years. :violent-smiley-030:

When they intitially brought it down, T.L. service charges were pretty high. Also they were not confident of the vehicle & after sales service. They brought it down just to show off the car. Just like there formula 1 car they had in the showroom. (Now please don't tell me you didn't even see the F1 car)

:action-smiley-060:

Rover ma man,edit you signature as follows.

2004-2005 Maruti 800 (piece of crap)/ 2005-2006 Nissan FB14 / 2006-2009 Nissan N16 (My lucky car)/ 2009-2011 Nissan Tiida (A white elephant) / 2011- 2012 Toyota Prius (Wish I had the Maruti,it does better on fuel than this car) :D

Rover ma man,edit you signature as follows.

2004-2005 Maruti 800 (piece of crap)/ 2005-2006 Nissan FB14 / 2006-2009 Nissan N16 (My lucky car)/ 2009-2011 Nissan Tiida (A white elephant) / 2011- 2012 Toyota Prius (Wish I had the Maruti,it does better on fuel than this car) :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: