• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Californican A Paid Stooge By Sri Lankan Hybrid Importers?

VVTi

Is Californican a paid stooge by Hybrid importers?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is Californican a paid stooge by Sri Lankan Hybrid importers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont know. Maybe the guy is just plain old stupid and is doing this for free.

Well...epic thread!

no matter who is right or wrong...there is one thing that's very clear.

Those who are crying how biased Peri is, how bad autolanka has become, how rude "regulars" are etc etc etc....

All those chaps are the folks who don't post here often helping other people in whatever way they can when questions are popped.

Most of these naysayers are people who hardly contribute to the forum but happily jump in to protect noobs.

If moderating is biased, regulars are rude, AL doesn't have standards of indian forums etc... Why do you guys waste your time here???

There are loads of noobs who haven't had issues with regulars or standards here...AL worked just fine when we were noobs and we didn't cry and howl like little girls.

If this place is so bad....do us all a favour and bugger off!!!!

I have been a member on AL for a long time & am a daily visitor, even though I have not contributed much, I have learnt a lot & benefited immensely from this great forum. It saddens me to see members abusing each other & calling names, instead of discussing useful stuff. I'm ashamed that I myself got involved in such a fight on this thread.

Charitha & I have amicably settled that offline & have voluntarily removed those posts. We've learnt that everybody is a somebody, and you should never call anybody a nobody on an online forum :D

Yes, I can understand the frustration when people keep asking the same questions & seemingly useless questions on hybrids. In real life, most of us would be polite to people, even if they discussed stupid stuff. When it comes to online forums, FB etc. people forget that it the same people out there, and even kids use profanity on FB etc. in the presence of their elders, which they would not do in real life. Most of the people who are abusing each other on these forums may be nice people in real life, so it is better to show respect. I've been harsh & rude to some people on this forum; jdnet & charitha19, and would like to apologize for making those posts.

Respect for all & peace!

• Like 4

No point, Deleting Cookies, Flash Cookies and using proxy or if he has Dynamic IP Addressing is always make hard to find Fake ID's

well I doubt he's smart enough to use a proxy. I guess if he had a dynamic IP it would be a prob.

well I doubt he's smart enough to use a proxy. I guess if he had a dynamic IP it would be a prob.

not sure how they trace fake id's in IP.Board but in VB its easy to find Fake ids with Flash cookies cus most people just delete cookies and restart the router and PC, then create the new ID, they always forget to delete flash cookies. but a member who join the forum Today 05:08 AM and post at 05:25 AM in this kind of a thread makes him easy suspect of Fake ID

I have been a member on AL for a long time & am a daily visitor, even though I have not contributed much, I have learnt a lot & benefited immensely from this great forum. It saddens me to see members abusing each other & calling names, instead of discussing useful stuff. I'm ashamed that I myself got involved in such a fight on this thread.

Charitha & I have amicably settled that offline & have voluntarily removed those posts. We've learnt that everybody is a somebody, and you should never call anybody a nobody on an online forum :D

Yes, I can understand the frustration when people keep asking the same questions & seemingly useless questions on hybrids. In real life, most of us would be polite to people, even if they discussed stupid stuff. When it comes to online forums, FB etc. people forget that it the same people out there, and even kids use profanity on FB etc. in the presence of their elders, which they would not do in real life. Most of the people who are abusing each other on these forums may be nice people in real life, so it is better to show respect. I've been harsh & rude to some people on this forum; jdnet & charitha19, and would like to apologize for making those posts.

Respect for all & peace!

hmmm. but even in real life if someone was trying to justify something that is not really benificial to anyone.. i would tell him off... because it will be a mistake not to tell him or her.

I have and do help out hybrid owners - if I something helpful to offer I do, if not, I don't.

Unlike you - who only calls them names, insults them, mocks and ridicules them, and has contributed absolutely NOTHING of positive value to the hybrid questions and topics.

I beg to differ with you on this. I remember 2 people coming with hybrid related issues. One with a noise from the hub and another with the language issue.

In the case with the hub (here)you didnt even bother showing up till the guy sorted it out himself and what do you do, you come ask him to write to the forum about its fuel economy etc. So HOW is that helping??

And in the case of the language issue, u merely made condescending remarks on how he should have bought a UK import and not a Japanese one. HOW is that helpful? It was Don who is what you would call a regular that told him what he can/cannot do.

"a Volvo" ?????

Didn't know that Volvo has made only one model ("a Volvo") for the last 74 years so you didn't need to include the model in your question.

And didn't know that they have never changed anything on "a Volvo" over the last 74 years so you didn't need to include the year of manufacture in your question either.

Btw arent you doing the same "calls them names, insults them, mocks and ridicules them, and has contributed absolutely NOTHING of positive value" that you accuse others of doing?

Edited by Watchman

Respect for all & peace!

ahhh injured hero.

"In real life, most of us would be polite to people, even if they discussed stupid stuff. When it comes to online forums, FB etc. people forget that it the same people out there, and even kids use profanity on FB etc. in the presence of their elders, which they would not do in real life."

Actually in real life I would probably smash your mouth for all your bullshit. You should stop assuming that everyone's a nice person IRL. Anyway you apologized. Case closed.

Respect for all & peace!

machang..look at it this way

AL was more or less trouble free and working perfectly until that horrible tax cuts. then loads of noobs flooded the forum asking stupid questions. when i say stupid, it's mostly not adhering to basic forum ethics and not even bothering to do a search.

when a "regular" pointed out about the whole searching first thing, most noobs got their little knickers in a twist.

to add to the trouble, some folks became cyber knights and came in to attack the "regulars" cos hell...everybody like to defend the underdog.

Same thing with these hybrids. When a few guys floods the forum with hybrid stuff and making them sound like gods gift to motoring it's only a matter of time until troubles brew.

If you remember the time that chap called "Nilantha" who were raving about toyotas and bashing every other make, so many people including myself bashed him back.

Not because we were "regulars" but because he was misleading the forum and becoming a bloody irritant.

All communities have their set of unwritten rules. And those aren't gonna make everyone happy.

If anybody doesn't like this place...without bashing Peri, "regulars" and autolanka in general the best thing to do is that those people stay away from this place. Nobody is stopping them as far as i can see.

There are loads of people who and getting sick of this constant bickering like old ladies.

And about respect. That unfortunately has to be earned.

And nobody will get respect by crying all the time and complaining like little girls saying Peri is biased and rude, regulars are mean etc etc.

I too was noob here long years back and learnt to get along with the way things worked here.

I didn't call anyone biased etc even when my own posts have been deleted by Peri a few times.

Grow up people!!!

• Like 6

Mr Californikan make many good points. Maybe you look at other car forum site and you see much wider and much sensible posting. Look at India sites, good information, excellent technical, lots of active posters. Here in Autolanka now becoming very very childish. Many people stop coming here because posts are very childish. Not good for Autolanka not good for classifieds, eh? This is just urnemisis viewpoint. Maybe I am wrong. But I am interested in all car types - petrol, diesel, electric, hybrid, hydrogen and maybe even pedal power (like Fred Flintsone, yes?). So I do not take hatred against any car type. I also do not take hatred or flame against other poster. So, as my Aunty Flora advice say, "chill out and enjoy chat" and Autolanka be better place. Bye, bye.

You have got to be joking. What a coward, creating temp IDs so he can push his Nano agenda. I suggest you consider this a warning for your other profile, my Aussie friend, coz you try a stunt like this again, that ID will be banned too.

Aneeey....what a chooti kola. He still thinks he's in school and life is a popularity contest. He even thinks that calling people "dumbass" will make him a big man. Obviously, he's not even a little man.....he's nothing but an immature chootie kola.

Sorry, Fail. Chooti is the last word that will come to mind if you meet Masterdon :lol:

Ohhhhhhh, Peri, mate, ya got me. :lol:

Parak?

Sorry, Fail. Chooti is the last word that will come to mind if you meet Masterdon :lol:

Ok thank you for that Peri...NOT! :lol:

I see you survived Yala,My dream of you being eaten alive by croc has been shattered...Dumbass Crocs! :lol:

Parak?

Ok thank you for that Peri...NOT! :lol:

I see you survived Yala,My dream of you being eaten alive by croc has been shattered...Dumbass Crocs! :lol:

No. And you'd have had a better chance with the Leopards than Crocs, saw more of them :D One fellow crossed right in front of the jeep just as I was trying to get my body out the window to sit on the windowsill, but luckily, he was more interested in the monkey he had just caught and was holding in his jaws.

No. And you'd have had a better chance with the Leopards than Crocs, saw more of them :D One fellow crossed right in front of the jeep just as I was trying to get my body out the window to sit on the windowsill, but luckily, he was more interested in the monkey he had just caught and was holding in his jaws.

Wow!...that'a amazing,and a rare site...awaiting the pics.

Seems everybody did something exciting last weekend/poya holiday except ol' MD :( ...I suppose you guys saw pics of Ripper and VVTi's epic journey...

that's what she said!

:lol:

Wow!...that'a amazing,and a rare site...awaiting the pics.

Seems everybody did something exciting last weekend/poya holiday except ol' MD :( ...I suppose you guys saw pics of Ripper and VVTi's epic journey...

I missed that one. Had kept the cam aside and was holding the door frame when he crossed. Got pics of two more tho.

But I did get another rare pic. Fornicating monkeys. Macaques, actually.

It could have been Californikan and a Hybrid?

Californicating?...nah...Cali only fornicates with himself,even for that he needs Google,Wiki and a buttload of surveys to help him come through... :lol:

But I did get another rare pic. Fornicating monkeys. Macaques, actually.

Hah!...only humping?...amateur!!!...Here's one with a monkey BJ...ENJOY!!! http://i.imgur.com/5BwCG.jpg :P

oh BTW above is NSFW(If you are a Monkey)

Edited by MasterDon

• 3 weeks later...