• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Cbr 250 Rr Gull Arm

techlove

I am a CBR lover since my school days,only yesterday rode the beauty for the first time.I was like,"Oh no,how do you ride it like this?This is not what I expected.I wish if it comes with a height adjustable handle or if I have longer arms".On the short road test I felt like I had to take my whole body weight onto my arms.

But I've seen physically avarage guys ride this bike normally,maybe they got the same feeling on their first ride and over the time got used to the particular riding position?

I am an avarage built guy,5'4",light weight ,right now I use a 250 Hawk wich is too heavy for me.It's a great ,steady bike though.

So my question to any CBR users out there is, (No other bike satisfies me ,but CBR!)

Is this a good match for a 5'4" guy?

Is the back bending riding position gonna be feel alright once I got use to it?

Is it a good bike for longer trips OR is it gonna kill my back and arms after a while?

Thanx in advance.

Actually for riding this type of sports/racing like monsters you have to reach forward. This reduces the air resistance by the rider and increases the handling. Once you got used to it there is no problem at all. Your height seems pretty decent for this bike, but if you still feel odd about proportions, go for a Hornet. Even though I have seen riders use for longer trips, I personally believe these bikes are made for moderate distances and may cause some aches and pains in longer trips in bad roads.For longer trips Honda LA custom or Suzuki GN bikes more appropriate AFAIK.

Honda cbr is a good bike .

As for long distance i would say 'NO'.

Because i tried riding one and it hurt my back real bad,

Best bike for long distances are motards or a hornet.

Do you think the riders height matters for back pain on a CBR ?

May I ask how tall are you?

your understanding of a long trip might be not the same as other people think of it :)

for instance... during vesak holidays a few of us did almost 1400km run around the country on XR's...

something like that would be next to impossible on a cbr.

if your daily commuting and if it's like 10-20km's per trip...that shouldn't be any issue on a cibbie or any similar sport bike.

and if you love cibbies that much..i'd just go ahread and buy it and getit out of the system :)

salon pas spray work pretty well for back pains :D

• Like 2

Lock elbowes ?

i don't get it. Can you explain little more?

Locked elbows as in you might notice some riders have their hands held straight from the handle and they lock the elbows... doing this gives you less flexibility and you tend to strain your wrist.. it is always good practice for any rider to have at least a small bend in the arm and hand at the elbow. specially on long rides!!! unless of course your attemting a stoppie... then u have to keep the arms dead straight!! :angry-smiley-048:

• 2 weeks later...

Locked elbows as in you might notice some riders have their hands held straight from the handle and they lock the elbows... doing this gives you less flexibility and you tend to strain your wrist.. it is always good practice for any rider to have at least a small bend in the arm and hand at the elbow. specially on long rides!!! unless of course your attemting a stoppie... then u have to keep the arms dead straight!! :angry-smiley-048:

so whats this called??? The locked elbow syndrome??? :alc:

Forward inclination is mainly for reducing air resistance. But since more body weight is on your arms it may hurt after sometime. Remember these bikes are made for high speeds, not to go seeing 'vesak thorang'. When you are at high speeds the air resistance push your upper body backwards.That takes weight off your arms making long distances comfortable.

In Europe most road bikes are sporty type where bikers ride at >70mph. You hardly see Harley Davidson types speeding on motorways. You need to desperately hang on to the handle on a Harley type at speed.

In Sri Lanka you can hardly maintain that kind of speed.

Lol i must have left a really bad scar on u!! lol :violent-smiley-030:

so u wanna call it the Locked elbow syndrome??? it dsnt really have a name for it yet... or neither has to have one... practical knowledge neh! :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-099:

this coming from a fool who doesnt know about a fork oil seal on a bike :angry-smiley-048:

I am a CBR lover since my school days,only yesterday rode the beauty for the first time.I was like,"Oh no,how do you ride it like this?This is not what I expected.I wish if it comes with a height adjustable handle or if I have longer arms".On the short road test I felt like I had to take my whole body weight onto my arms.

But I've seen physically avarage guys ride this bike normally,maybe they got the same feeling on their first ride and over the time got used to the particular riding position?

I am an avarage built guy,5'4",light weight ,right now I use a 250 Hawk wich is too heavy for me.It's a great ,steady bike though.

So my question to any CBR users out there is, (No other bike satisfies me ,but CBR!)

Is this a good match for a 5'4" guy?

Is the back bending riding position gonna be feel alright once I got use to it?

Is it a good bike for longer trips OR is it gonna kill my back and arms after a while?

Thanx in advance.

Just go for the CBR dude...if u like it do it...dont go thinking too much about stuff....find out for yourself.... I have been riding sports bikes most of my life & i know for a fact i cant get that thrill with any other bike... :alc: all the best with u r new buy....just go for it man

Do you think the riders height matters for back pain on a CBR ?

May I ask how tall are you?

I'm almost 6 .I did have a Cibbie gull 250 and a 2006 RR (no difference both of these bikes were back breakers for me )

I cannot comment on that matter,but for one thing im sure is

Riding a cibbie in a very long distance run is not wise.

Xr's and motards are the better side of this.

Lol.... Mr Doubtful is here say Hello!! :action-smiley-060: Keep ur doubts in ur pants :violent-smiley-099:

Washing the next door guys CBR... lol which century are your from the 19th???? its not even funny!!!!

"Aney palayang buruwa yanna" :angry-smiley-048: "Umba danna magulak naha bike gana"

i hope u understand sinhala :rolleyes:

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 1

Well i know for a fact that i know more than u j***a$$.... :angry-smiley-048:

U jus called urself the right thing!! u kept saying:

1) a CBR is good for a begginer with reely tiny pockets and dsnt knw to shift gears

2) a cbr is more comfortable on long rides!!

Lol!!! :violent-smiley-099: my prev post was deleted i hope u saw it!

oh by the way u might wanna check this thread out Mr. Venom :rolleyes:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=11141&st=

ur proly a lost cause dats proly y u wanted me in!!! lol!!! i knw it hurts soo bad!!! ur a lost cause machan!!! :action-smiley-060: try to take it simple the next time and give people the more sensible choice of bikes... not just coz u ride CBR everyone dsnt have to! Pooof! :alc: