• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Doesn't Start

blaknail

Question

My car is Nissan FB14 (1998) GA15DE engine. suddenly it stopped and now its not starting. battery is gud.starter motor is working but car doesn't start. car mechanic said the distributor has gone & has to replace. is it the only thing the car to not to srart?

7 answers to this question

My car is Nissan FB14 (1998) GA15DE engine. suddenly it stopped and now its not starting. battery is gud.starter motor is working but car doesn't start. car mechanic said the distributor has gone & has to replace. is it the only thing the car to not to srart?

seems like you want to double check what your mechanic says. Pull out one or two spark plug wires and keep it close to engine housin without touching the wires. Then ask someone to crank the engine. If you get sparks on the wires, distributor does work, if not it's gone. Ask your mechanic to use a test/sample ditributor and see whether the problem gets solved before you buy/spend on a distributor.

Edited by harshansenadhir

Check for common issues like oil in dizzy or cam sensor warped inside dizzy. Hope the mechanic chkd d ign. coil as well.

seems like you want to double check what your mechanic says. Pull out one or two spark plug wires and keep it close to engine housin without touching the wires. Then ask someone to crank the engine. If you get sparks on the wires, distributor does work, if not it's gone. Ask your mechanic to use a test/sample ditributor and see whether the problem gets solved before you buy/spend on a distributor.

Thnx harshan it doesn't spark @ all & the mechanic guy doesn't have a test ditributor to check it.what i just want to know is, is that the ditributor the only problem to not flow the current to the spark plugs???

Thnx harshan it doesn't spark @ all & the mechanic guy doesn't have a test ditributor to check it.what i just want to know is, is that the ditributor the only problem to not flow the current to the spark plugs???

This might effect to something else, so try fix one by one and see which causes the problem.

Well unfortunately it is not as simple as that, but you kind of need to start from the most simple and obvious solutions first.

If the spark plugs are not getting electricity it could a number of different reasons.

1. The spark plug wires are faulty

2. The distributor cap is faulty (well these car's have electronic ignition so I'm not sure if it can be still referred to as the distributor in the old sense).

3. The distributor itself is faulty.

4. There is a problem with the wiring to the distributor

5. There is another electronic problem somewhere else (as the ECU controls ignition and relies on readings from other sensors).

I think you can get a used distributor on the basis if it's not the problem and you return it on the same day, you can get your money back. My personal opinion is you should go with what your mechanic says as none of us knows any better at this point. I hope he is a known and experienced chap.

The easiest way to figure this out would have been to plug the car to a diagnostic system as it should be indicate what the problem is especially if its electronic, but in the SL context, if the car isn't starting, its easier to swap a part and see if it works !

• Like 3