• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kr42 High Fuel Consumption

thusithasam

Question

Dear friends,

I have KR42 2002 model. Two weeks before done service near 18 mile post at near Airport junction. After that my vehicle fuel consumption bit high.I think the service station guy replaced not good brand fuel filter.

I asked one mechanic at Seeduwa he said need to be clean all injectors and replace spark plugs.

If any KR42 owners are here please advised me if you got this problem before.

Thnaks,

14 answers to this question

Dear friends,

I have KR42 2002 model. Two weeks before done service near 18 mile post at near Airport junction. After that my vehicle fuel consumption bit high.I think the service station guy replaced not good brand fuel filter.

I asked one mechanic at Seeduwa he said need to be clean all injectors and replace spark plugs.

Thnaks,

when was the last time you do a tune up ? btw how is the fule consumption befor the service and after the service?

I did tune-up two years before.

in that case i think your mechanic is right do a proper tune up and fuel consumption will return to normal btw what is the brand of the fuel filter?

I can’t remember the fuel filter brand. Can you please tell me which brands are good for fuel, oil and airlifter?

mobil engine oil or havoline engine oil would be good and for air filter vic filter would be fine.

Hi Thusithasam,

I too own a kr42 A/T and it does around 7-8 kmpl in the city running with AC and 10-12 kmpl in the long run.

I brought it unreg and changed the fuel filter with a genuine Toyota,changed A/T fluid using Toyota DII oil,changed the oil filter using VIC and did the service using Toyota oil.I also changed the spark plugs and cleaned the injectors using Wurth Injector cleaner.

Since then at each service(every 5000Km's) i use Toyota oil,Vic oil filter and Sakura air filter element.I also make it a habit to change the spark plugs at every 10000 km's.

Dear friends,

Thnaks,

* 1st use VIC Fuel Filter. Run & check KML

* If not satisfied, do a Injectors, Throttle body cleaning

• Like 1

spark plugs every 10,000 KM :blink::blink::blink:

yes i brought a set of normal Denso plugs from the agents and they adviced me to change it every 15000 km's.It may not be necessary but after around 10000km's i felt a slight performance lag.The garage guy said the plugs are ok but i decided to change and it worked for me.

yes i brought a set of normal Denso plugs from the agents and they adviced me to change it every 15000 km's.It may not be necessary but after around 10000km's i felt a slight performance lag.The garage guy said the plugs are ok but i decided to change and it worked for me.

wow, just wow. Even 15k is really excessive.

8 hours ago, Burhan said:

Hi,

I have a kr42 as well, but it only does 3kmpl. Can anyone please tell what I can do to atleast get 6kmpl, please.

What is the condition of your car ? Is the engine properly running and tuned (i.e. good plugs, air filter nice and clean, sensors are properly functioning, throttle body and injectors clean ? no fluid leaks)? Is the drive train of the car in good shape (i.e. gearbox funditoning properly with no slips, transmission fluid changed, diff oil changed, etc...) Are the tires properly inflated ? Are you carrying unnecessary wieght in the car ? Any suspension mods done ? Change of tire size ?

• Like 1