• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unfiltered Air Has Gone In To The Engine

MiraOwner

Question

Hi Guys,

Serious issue. i did an EFI Clean up about 2 months ago at a Garage and the guy who did the job has left a hose disconnected from the Air Box. this hose goes into something closer to the AC compressor so i assume that it takes in filtered air to be used for Air conditioning :unsure: ? and since the Air Box is having a open hole to take in unfiltered air (where the AC hose should be) there is some dust and dirt inside the Air Box again i assume would have gone into the engine itself. as soon as i did the EFI clean up i noticed a very dramatic performance increase. and now after 2 months the car has become very sluggish.

over the weekend i decided to do the regular oil change and some other stuff myself (for the first time) and found out this whole issue when i popped the bonnet.

what could have happened by now in terms of the AC as well as the Engine? how do i reverse the effects of the dust and dirt?

Thanks in advance for your input.

4 answers to this question

Dont think there is any hose that runs from the compressor to the air box. The hoses that go from the compressor usually carry the refrigeration gases. You are probably thinking referring to the engine breather hose that connects to the air box.

This being removed should not cause a significant problem other than dirtying up the internals of you're intake and reducing the life of you're oil. Since you've done the oil change and the 'EFI clean up' (assuming you mean tune up) you should not have any issue. For peace of mind there is a 3M intake cleaner product that maybe useful

If you are driving your car in a dusty conditions, You have to clean the throttle body. In other words, do a EFI tune up. After that change your engine oil.

When you doing the tune up tell the guy to identify the hose and to reconnect it....