• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen installing places

Crazy Life

Question

Recently my car met with an accident which lead to a broken windscreen. and managed to get a replacement from a spare parts shop in Delkanda area.

but what matters is I've never been into any of the windscreen installation shops,but have seen few vehicles with having trouble to travel during rain because of the improper installation of the glass.

are there any good places/outlets to get the job done properly?

I'm sorry if this is a noob type of a question,but hope you guys will help me out :)

Edited by Crazy Life

8 answers to this question

Recently my car met with an accident which lead to a broken windscreen. and managed to get a replacement from a spare parts shop in Delkanda area.

but what matters is I've never been into any of the windscreen installation shops,but have seen few vehicles with having trouble to travel during rain because of the improper installation of the glass.

are there any good places/outlets to get the job done properly?

I'm sorry if this is a noob type of a question,but hope you guys will help me out :)

'Crazy Life',

Try Samarasinghe Windscreen house at No.117 Panchikawattha Road next Tower Hall.Tel 0777345753 Mr. Sudeep Samarasinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Crazy Life',

Try Samarasinghe Windscreen house at No.117 Panchikawattha Road next Tower Hall.Tel 0777345753 Mr. Sudeep Samarasinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thank Sylvi for your response

do you have any personal experience from "Samarasinghe Windscreen house"?

Thank Sylvi for your response

do you have any personal experience from "Samarasinghe Windscreen house"?

'Crazy Life',

They have mobile service also I have got more than 50 Windscreens fitted from them on their mobile service only one failed after 8 Months it started leaking water. As far as I noticed on that Vehicle was 15 years old there was little corrosion on the W/S frame. May be corrosion got more then it started leaking owner sold after stopping the water leak with Acid free leak seal tube.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I use Samarasinghe(Kelaniya branch) too,and I've reccomended them to a couple of people here with very postive feedback.Only last month I went there to get the back and front windscreens I got down for the Citroen installed.They were very patiant and were willing to take my advice/input.

hi guys ... im also in an urgent need to replace my wind screen ... do they accept insurance and will they be able to fix a wind screen in a day

hows this party trustworthiness in providing original parts ?????? ..nedd your feedback mates

Kind Regards

jumly

hi guys ... im also in an urgent need to replace my wind screen ... do they accept insurance and will they be able to fix a wind screen in a day

hows this party trustworthiness in providing original parts ?????? ..nedd your feedback mates

Kind Regards

jumly

Well Samarasinghe has quite a collection of windscreens, and while they have a division that sells used auto parts, they also have stock of other brands of windscreen to fit your car. So you have a choice, either you can buy a windscreen from a body parts shop, in which case you will get the original and get it fitted, or you take it to Samarasinghe and go with whatever they have and you might end up with a different brand, but good quality windscreen. The choice is up to you.

I'm not sure if they do it on the basis of getting money from the insurance company but you can ask.

I've been to a few windscreen places and only Samarasinghe has done a reasonable job. The problem is if you install a windscreen wrong and try to cover your mistakes by spraying a lot of sealant on top, it leads to water retention by blocking the usual drainage channels and this causes rust around the windscreen to develop. That is the problem you have with most idiots pretending to be windscreen installers.

Well Samarasinghe has quite a collection of windscreens, and while they have a division that sells used auto parts, they also have stock of other brands of windscreen to fit your car. So you have a choice, either you can buy a windscreen from a body parts shop, in which case you will get the original and get it fitted, or you take it to Samarasinghe and go with whatever they have and you might end up with a different brand, but good quality windscreen. The choice is up to you.

I'm not sure if they do it on the basis of getting money from the insurance company but you can ask.

I've been to a few windscreen places and only Samarasinghe has done a reasonable job. The problem is if you install a windscreen wrong and try to cover your mistakes by spraying a lot of sealant on top, it leads to water retention by blocking the usual drainage channels and this causes rust around the windscreen to develop. That is the problem you have with most idiots pretending to be windscreen installers.

'The Don',

You have said correct situation of Windscreen fitting and to select W/S glass.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.