• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Breakpads

jami

Question

Experts,

i have replace a new ball joint for the front wheel left side one. i have noticed it break pads wear down more then other side, and replaced the break pads again. even the rim heat is too high compare to other side. why is this...

15 answers to this question

Check your brake pistons and the caliper nut. On one of my cars the caliper nit was rusted and frozen caused a lot of pad wear before it was fixed. Also a piston oil seal/O-Ring if its broken or worn will not allow the piston to retract when you take the foot off the brake pedal. Check all 4 wheel brakes in one go.

Experts,

i have replace a new ball joint for the front wheel left side one. i have noticed it break pads wear down more then other side, and replaced the break pads again. even the rim heat is too high compare to other side. why is this...

Also get checked for Break Bindings...

Check your brake pistons and the caliper nut. On one of my cars the caliper nit was rusted and frozen caused a lot of pad wear before it was fixed. Also a piston oil seal/O-Ring if its broken or worn will not allow the piston to retract when you take the foot off the brake pedal. Check all 4 wheel brakes in one go.

is this piston nut made out of Stainless steel? and is the both side of the piston nut length and diameter same? or else one have a tapper?. i ve noticed one piston nut not easily occupy with the hole. so ive sand it by a sand paper and apply grease but the problem is same. O' Ring/ bush are OK

Hi Guys,

Recently I changed break pads, but not I have to push hard the peddle to stop the vehicle and if I press very suddenly, there is a noise like 'dig'. Breaking is not smooths as previously. Then I took the car to another machanic and he told that the break pads are used is not a good brand. They are FBK as I remember. But he told that those are very hard and instead of wearing out break pads, it wears out the disc. and he told me to change it to another brand called MV or MK. Dont remember the name. But still i couldn't do anything.

What you guys think?

Hi Guys,

Recently I changed break pads, but not I have to push hard the peddle to stop the vehicle and if I press very suddenly, there is a noise like 'dig'. Breaking is not smooths as previously. Then I took the car to another machanic and he told that the break pads are used is not a good brand. They are FBK as I remember. But he told that those are very hard and instead of wearing out break pads, it wears out the disc. and he told me to change it to another brand called MV or MK. Dont remember the name. But still i couldn't do anything.

What you guys think?

As I've heard jFBK is a decent brand :(

Hi Guys,

What you guys think?

FBK is a good brand. What you have to figure out is whether you've got genuine FBK or a cheap duplicate. Sadly I don't know how to tell them apart.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

What you guys think?

FBK is good and there are duplicates. But I prefer FBL, it is better than FBK

For your problem..... The disk must have warn unevenly. face the disk or wait for few months till brake pads beds to the disk....

Experts,

Must be a stucked/rusted caliper piston. Take apert and clean them. And use a good repare kit.

FBK is a good brand. What you have to figure out is whether you've got genuine FBK or a cheap duplicate. Sadly I don't know how to tell them apart.

I replaced the FBK with MK original japan break pads. Now all my issues are sorted out. As I heard FBK is not good for Honda.

Guys,

Need some help on the brake pad issue.... this is on a Grand Vitara, The squeaking noise started coming when braking, so I got the pads replaced at AutoMiraj, unfortunately I could not check what the brand was.

But stil the squeak is there but very less... I assumed its due to the new pads, and it may take time for the pads to wear in to the disks . Its been 2 weeks now and still the noise is there. I now worry if the pads are too hard and it maybe eating in to the disk.

Spoke to the guys at A*W and told me the same thing happens even on the original Suzuki pads, so they recommended me to get a softer pad.

My question is whats a good brand ? or could it be that the sqeak is due to something entirely different than the pads. ( There is no noise when the wheel is rotating freely. )

Hi,

I checked the price for front break pads of Suzuki escudo (SUV) and got a quote as Rs. 14,000/- from A*M. Do you think it is worth to get it replaced with genuine for such cost? Obviously gurage mechanics are suggesting me to buy it from Panchikawatta.

Need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Guys,

Need some help on the brake pad issue.... this is on a Grand Vitara, The squeaking noise started coming when braking, so I got the pads replaced at AutoMiraj, unfortunately I could not check what the brand was.

But stil the squeak is there but very less... I assumed its due to the new pads, and it may take time for the pads to wear in to the disks . Its been 2 weeks now and still the noise is there. I now worry if the pads are too hard and it maybe eating in to the disk.

Spoke to the guys at A*W and told me the same thing happens even on the original Suzuki pads, so they recommended me to get a softer pad.

My question is whats a good brand ? or could it be that the sqeak is due to something entirely different than the pads. ( There is no noise when the wheel is rotating freely. )

If installation was done properly and pads are not mis aligned or anything of the sort...chances are it's the pads themselves that are making the noise.

generally good branded pads have a sorta rubberized kinda coating at the back of the pad to kill any squeels. Chances are, the one you replaced dint have it. Most breaking sounds originate here.

I've faced the same issue before and using a bit of heavy grease on the reverse sorted the issue, albeit temporarily. But grease do tend to heat up and melt away and it's not the safest or a long lasting solution.

Another thing with newer design pads is that the friction pad has bevelled edges instead if straight edges. That too to reduce breaking squeels.

I would wait out a bit more and see if it goes away. generally once things settle in, it should kinda fix itself. if it doesn't, you might wanna take it back to a garage. Dont think softening the pad is the solution.

I checked the price for front break pads of Suzuki escudo (SUV) and got a quote as Rs. 14,000/- from A*M. Do you think it is worth to get it replaced with genuine for such cost? Obviously gurage mechanics are suggesting me to buy it from Panchikawatta.

Need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Just be careful when you deal with some of these guys at A*W, they are at times very friendly and are more than willing to help a customer out by buying it outside at much lower cost than from their own store... this type of side business is fine, but just watch out that you don't get played. If the pad is good chances are it will be expensive.

I would wait out a bit more and see if it goes away. generally once things settle in, it should kinda fix itself. if it doesn't, you might wanna take it back to a garage. Dont think softening the pad is the solution.

Thanks, having used it from now 3 or 4 months there is hardly any noise now.

The squeeking or squeeling noise also occurs when the disc edges are worn out.What i basically do is take a rough piece of sandpaper and flatten the top and bottom edges of the brake pads prior to installation.The rite way is to face (machine) your brake disc .