• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

suppose the politicos will never accept their screwup even when all the evidence is there smack right in their faces.

not too be unpatriotic but this is not acceptable in this day and age.

we have got into a a culture of denial and eventual cover up.

Obviously it's bad petrol...they should bloody well accept that fact and investigate how the hell this happened.

Instead as always...it's ball passing :(

Yep. However I am very confident that no one will get a cent of compensation. Its all in his speech. IF the CPC mechanics FIND any FAULT on THEIR part... THEN ........... so forget it. :action-smiley-060:

Either way these two articles still does not clear the air as HOW the pump fails. Or am I missing something here.

Apparently the contaminant liquid clogs the pump itself. That was what had happened to mine. It had jammed solid.

Some properly researched articles on the issue

http://www.nation.lk/2011/07/03/newsfe6.htm

http://www.nation.lk/2011/07/03/news6.htm

Compensation promised, wonder how many years that will take lol.

for once, euro owners can be pleased about owning sensitive fuel pumps???

Yep. However I am very confident that no one will get a cent of compensation. Its all in his speech. IF the CPC mechanics FIND any FAULT on THEIR part... THEN ........... so forget it. :action-smiley-060:

Either way these two articles still does not clear the air as HOW the pump fails. Or am I missing something here.

yeah...they first give you bad petrol....get your car busted and to give compensation they want their mechanics to check your car :D

that's gotta be one of the dumbest things ever.

I bet if those morons ever get their hands on a car, a busted fuel pump would be the least of your worries...

bloody morons

for once, euro owners can be pleased about owning sensitive fuel pumps???

doubt it mate... supra and harshan were both talking about euros having issues too....

to the point supras passat is on it's second fuel pump...

yeah...they first give you bad petrol....get your car busted and to give compensation they want their mechanics to check your car :D

that's gotta be one of the dumbest things ever.

I bet if those morons ever get their hands on a car, a busted fuel pump would be the least of your worries...

bloody morons

As if they haven't done enough damage already... :violent-smiley-099:

Also isn't it just ridiculous to expect car owners to hang round for government mechanics to inspect their cars ? I mean not everybody keeps a car as an ornament and its become a necessary tool in daily life something one can ill afford to live without for too long !

doubt it mate... supra and harshan were both talking about euros having issues too....

to the point supras passat is on it's second fuel pump...

what i was getting at was that the article said euro pumps are sensitive so the pump fails; jap pumps are not so sensitive and they run long enough to cause problems in the engine as well!

• Like 1

Whoa, these guys are super smart... if your petrol pump is busted, how the heck do you take it to their mechanics?

using a tow truck. :D

Pumped 95Oct. full tank from Ceypetco joint at Dematagoda adjoining Laugfs

super market, driven about 20kms after the overnight parking.

Nothing feels wrong.

Pumped 95 OCT full tank from the same joint (Ceypetco - Laugfs) this morning. Fingers crossed. :unsure:

When this was complained initially, CPC and Minister confirmed that nothing wrong with petrol and it was due to some rain water getting into few tanks in sheds. If so the govt should now take the responsibility for confirming that petrol is ok and for issuing petrol without quality checks. As compensation I suggest they issue fuel free of charge for 1 week. Harry is only good for distilled arrack and ruin our people.

• Like 1

what i was getting at was that the article said euro pumps are sensitive so the pump fails; jap pumps are not so sensitive and they run long enough to cause problems in the engine as well!

I was wondering would'nt it be possible to install a fine filter before the original filter so no debris will go inside the pump. I think the pump can run dry for few seconds without getting damaged if this fine filter gets chocked and the engine stalls.

Edited by rover

guess the queues outside lots of IOC sheds is people being scared to pump at the ceypetco sheds. also i've found it tough to find 95 octane, its a bit scarce over the last few days with many people who pump 90 opting for 95 in the hope it won't screw up their cars.

When this was complained initially, CPC and Minister confirmed that nothing wrong with petrol and it was due to some rain water getting into few tanks in sheds. If so the govt should now take the responsibility for confirming that petrol is ok and for issuing petrol without quality checks. As compensation I suggest they issue fuel free of charge for 1 week. Harry is only good for distilled arrack and ruin our people.

:lol: you ask from him..he'll definetly make arrangements for to to get drunk.. :lol:

guess the queues outside lots of IOC sheds is people being scared to pump at the ceypetco sheds. also i've found it tough to find 95 octane, its a bit scarce over the last few days with many people who pump 90 opting for 95 in the hope it won't screw up their cars.

Either way CPC wins... consumer loses... :(

This isn't over yet as I witnessed about 6 more 406s and a bluebird in the garage plus he was getting scary number of phone calls for roadside assistance. Needless to say all due to bad quality fuel. Had a chat with one person where his car failed after pumped a tankful of 95. Have to take the 406 out tomorrow as golf gave up due to a leaky diesel filter housing and wondering what to pump from where.

Any updates on reliable filling stations? Appreciate responses from euro owners specifically.

This isn't over yet as I witnessed about 6 more 406s and a bluebird in the garage plus he was getting scary number of phone calls for roadside assistance. Needless to say all due to bad quality fuel. Had a chat with one person where his car failed after pumped a tankful of 95. Have to take the 406 out tomorrow as golf gave up due to a leaky diesel filter housing and wondering what to pump from where.

Any updates on reliable filling stations? Appreciate responses from euro owners specifically.

I pumped 95 from the Cepetco shed in Battaramulla last saturday after getting the fuel pump replaced on my 406, Still running without any issues.

As compensation I suggest they issue fuel free of charge for 1 week. Harry is only good for distilled arrack and ruin our people.

You have option not to drink Arrack and get your self ruined. No point blaming Harry for arrack, stop drinking if you are already a drinker.