• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

8 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Ok then next up we have this beast. Lets see how it goes and I will drop clues later.

In the beginning I realized that this beast's name is the first book of a collection of scripts dating back many years.  To confirm I googled the name + Sri Lanka and your exact image came up 😉 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, matroska said:

In the beginning I realized that this beast's name is the first book of a collection of scripts dating back many years.  To confirm I googled the name + Sri Lanka and your exact image came up 😉 

Was it too easy? I think I should have stuck to the rear lights only.

24 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

@matroska would you like to give the answer and move in with the next trivia

Sure. Hyundai Genesis 

On 9/15/2023 at 5:16 PM, Gummybr said:

Was it too easy? I think I should have stuck to the rear lights only.

Wouldn't say too easy - The first thought that struck me was Hyundai Sonata and then I realized this wasn't it - Genesis was the next guess.  Then i googled for Hyundai Genesis Sri Lanka and your photo came up from a facebook post 

Ok here's the next one - and thought to make it a bit different and easy at the same time. Very straightforward. 

Take a look at the image from probably the mid 1990's and correctly identify at least 5 vehicles. (of course the glaring obvious one in focus also counts) - the more you identify the better. If multiple correct answers the person who Identifies most correct vehicles within 24 hours will be the winner 😉 

The bombings in Colombo cast a shadow over the World Cup, with the country's security situation compelling Australia and West Indies to pull out weeks before the start

Edited by matroska
added more rules

11 hours ago, matroska said:

Ok here's the next one - and thought to make it a bit different and easy at the same time. Very straightforward. 

Take a look at the image from probably the mid 1990's and correctly identify at least 5 vehicles. (of course the glaring obvious one in focus also counts) - the more you identify the better. If multiple correct answers the person who Identifies most correct vehicles within 24 hours will be the winner 😉 

The bombings in Colombo cast a shadow over the World Cup, with the country's security situation compelling Australia and West Indies to pull out weeks before the start

Mitsubishi Lancer (box model)

Mazda Familia 

Toyota Corolla DX wagon

Mitsubishi L200

Mitsubishi Lancer wagon (Aththanayaka model)

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 1

Mitsubishi Lancer Box

Mitsubishi Lancer Wagon (Attanayake)

Mitsubishi L200

Toyota Corolla 90 series station wagon

Toyota Corolla 70 series station wagon

Tata 909

Isuzu Elf Gen4

Mazda 323 (BG)

Not recognizable but I think I see a Trad Sunny as well

5 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Not recognizable but I think I see a Trad Sunny as well

In front of the E90 Corolla van ? Image is too pixelated but it very well could be a 3rd gen (early 80s) Civic (facelift) or even an Accord of the same period. Simply going by the boxy shape with the tapering top starting from where the waist line is (the level where the door handles would be)

Well done @sathyajithj99 and @Gummybr Gummy wins on the total count of correct answers.  But either gentlemen are welcome to take the floor. 

2 hours ago, iRage said:

n front of the E90 Corolla van ? Image is too pixelated but it very well could be a 3rd gen (early 80s) Civic (facelift) or even an Accord of the same period. Simply going by the boxy shape with the tapering top starting from where the waist line is (the level where the door handles would be)

It's too tough to call but I think you may be right about the civic/accord. That light doesn't quite Trad sunnyish 

3 hours ago, iRage said:

In front of the E90 Corolla van ? Image is too pixelated but it very well could be a 3rd gen (early 80s) Civic (facelift) or even an Accord of the same period. Simply going by the boxy shape with the tapering top starting from where the waist line is (the level where the door handles would be)

Yes the one in front of the Corolla wagon, as well as on the opposite side, the first car coming towards the camera man. right on top of the roof of the Lancer Box

1 hour ago, matroska said:

Well done @sathyajithj99 and @Gummybr Gummy wins on the total count of correct answers.  But either gentlemen are welcome to take the floor. 

It's too tough to call but I think you may be right about the civic/accord. That light doesn't quite Trad sunnyish 

I would like to go and post this. Been aching to post this 😁.

triv2.jpg

2 minutes ago, iRage said:

image.jpeg.2866d1f8a2db3c9ce041a593026cff31.jpeg

A Reliant Regal

I also took an interest in this funny looking vehicle which is always prone to fall over because of this comedy series . Even though the specimen we find in this particular series has a didifferent rear, I noticed it also comes with a breezeway 

16 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

I also took an interest in this funny looking vehicle which is always prone to fall over because of this comedy series . Even though the specimen we find in this particular series has a didifferent rear, I noticed it also comes with a breezeway 

Yes..the series has a Reliant Robin which always gets crashed or toppled because of Bean :D