• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

Remaining within the shores of SL....here you go...

image.png.89ee5603bfa92f310038a4ecfebfc87d.png

okay...a second picture to make it easier...
image.png.ea2a2e47f7fc77916401c04c1e2078b2.png

Had a bit of an unsavory reputation in the West but remains a symbolic and much-loved vehicle of a nation. I believe it still holds the record for the most number of models/variants that it can be had in.

Edited by iRage

14 hours ago, iRage said:

Remaining within the shores of SL....here you go...

image.png.89ee5603bfa92f310038a4ecfebfc87d.png

okay...a second picture to make it easier...
image.png.ea2a2e47f7fc77916401c04c1e2078b2.png

Had a bit of an unsavory reputation in the West but remains a symbolic and much-loved vehicle of a nation. I believe it still holds the record for the most number of models/variants that it can be had in.

Had it been the first image only - I would have gone with the VW LT...but in the second image the wiper blades should be fixed a bit lower I guess so it has me doubting 😕 

30 minutes ago, iRage said:

Yes ! 
Ford Transit it is ! Over to you

image.thumb.png.828c550e984c4267d2a12f12e43f1c92.png

Well I just wanted to put @matroska on the correct path. Oh well lets see how this goes, I am including just one part of a vehicle and if you need any clues just ask. Yes this is available in Sri Lanka

Triv 001.jpg

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Well I just wanted to put @matroska on the correct path. Oh well lets see how this goes, I am including just one part of a vehicle and if you need any clues just ask. Yes this is available in Sri Lanka

Triv 001.jpg

I'm not able to identify at the first go - based on the nature of the lights I'm guessing an American SUV or Truck ? Am i on the right track? 

10 minutes ago, matroska said:

I'm not able to identify at the first go - based on the nature of the lights I'm guessing an American SUV or Truck ? Am i on the right track? 

Your on the right track, and it is referred as a truck by them 'mericans. And a big one at that.

8 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Triv 001.jpg

image.png.84718d78ea033fe659e3df02986ad989.png

Very Murrican I must say! 

45 minutes ago, matroska said:

image.png.84718d78ea033fe659e3df02986ad989.png

Very Murrican I must say! 

Jeep Commander it is

Think it was built to take on the Hummer limited production run. Few of them in the country. Over to you sir 

16 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Big Aussie made car from a US automaker.

Yes indeed. I remember a 5.0 L V8 variant by an Aussie performance company was  in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 as a regular and a police car. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, matroska said:

Yes indeed. I remember a 5.0 L V8 variant by an Aussie performance company was  in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 as a regular and a police car. 

Lets leave it to someone to crack it, if they dont by tomorrow morning I will give the answer.

On 1/31/2024 at 9:02 AM, matroska said:

a 5.0 L V8 variant by an Aussie performance company was  in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 as a regular and a police car. 

Checked the NFS wiki and found the TS50

16 hours ago, Gummybr said:

the subject car has a name synonymous with Hayabusa. 

Ford Falcon

Never thought twice about the meaning of Hayabusa (if at all thought twas some sorta hurricane or type of wind) so it’s pretty cool and also apt that it’s Falcon in Japanese 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Duan27 said:

Checked the NFS wiki and found the TS50

Ford Falcon

Never thought twice about the meaning of Hayabusa (if at all thought twas some sorta hurricane or type of wind) so it’s pretty cool and also apt that it’s Falcon in Japanese 

You learn something new everyday. The Hyabusa is actually the peregrine falcon. Read a bit about it and see why it was named as such.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, iRage said:

That car has always reminded me of Cheddar Cheese

sacrebleu! why does it remindedeau tu de fromage? Le name of le vehicule  is derivedeaux from a greek word...

image.png

Edited by matroska
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Duan27 said:

Yep, that's right. Over to you!

Thanks

Gave a full pic. Any guesses? IMG_6166.thumb.jpeg.2194f1bfd2f10d265bf5811cba2c73b0.jpeg recently. People on the streets were really interested in it.IMG_6157.thumb.jpeg.34823962b4b0ed994c3334119ccdda1f.jpeg