• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

1 hour ago, Gummybr said:

Austin A40 Devon Pick Up. Thats the closest I get to the side wheel arch and the door liner.

You win.

Would love a bit of history on these if anyone knows. Very rare here (Never seen one before) and hardly any info on google.

Ok then here we go guys, available in Sri Lanka and there is one for sale on the net. Two hints - This car belongs to a group of automobile companies and the predecessor to the one in subject ran in the famous Group B era of WRC.

Triv0010.jpg

Triv0000.jpg

A small detail, the car in the advertisement is a bit confused by its brand identity where it has the front badges from the correct make and rear with badges from Skoda

Edited by Gummybr

41 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Ok then here we go guys, available in Sri Lanka and there is one for sale on the net. Two hints - This car belongs to a group of automobile companies and the predecessor to the one in subject ran in the famous Group B era of WRC.

Triv0010.jpg

Triv0000.jpg

A small detail, the car in the advertisement is a bit confused by its brand identity where it has the front badges from the correct make and rear with badges from Skoda

15 Sri Plates 
roaming in an urban area 😉 

57 minutes ago, matroska said:

15 Sri Plates 
roaming in an urban area 😉 

Looks like you found it. You want to go ahead or let someone search for the glorious Group B era and come to the answer?

I am a bit confused on the car as apparently they didnt have a specific make on the car, could be the reason for the badges and also no badge on steering wheel. The car looks original though.

58 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

You want to go ahead or let someone search for the glorious Group B era and come to the answer?

Yeah let's give it 24 hours :) 

The car looks original though

yes the interior, even the upholstery checks out with the original. Maybe the skoda badge is just a badge after the original got lost? Also interesting is to see what this is registered as in the CR. 

28 minutes ago, matroska said:

yes the interior, even the upholstery checks out with the original. Maybe the skoda badge is just a badge after the original got lost? Also interesting is to see what this is registered as in the CR. 

Yes interesting indeed.

Yes interesting indeed.

Gummybr,

I ran the plates on the DMT app -  guess what it's registered as? :D 

Edited by matroska
typo

38 minutes ago, matroska said:

Gummybr,

I ran the plates on the DMT app -  guess what it's registered as? :D 

I just checked now. Thats shocking, and it has a lease as well. Who would do that? I mean you have to be a complete idiot and whoever buys also has to be an idiot.

1 hour ago, iRage said:

Since you are asking it has to be something outrageous like a Sunny/Pulsar hatchback or even a Corolla II/TERCEL...

well no at least from the same continent. So since it's been over a day I'll post the answer 

The answer to Gummybr's quiz is the Rover Metro 

image.png.488c0b8f4f46067711ac18f161e2127e.png

There is one for sale on a local car-selling website (vehicle shed). Listed as a Rover Metro. Looks legit apart from the Skoda Logo on the rear door. However when you run the number in the DMT app turns out is is registered as a 1987 Skoda 130L. 

My guess is that the Rover's actual CR is being used to run a dodgy mini somewhere so somebody probably decided to use a rusted up Skoda book for the Rover and stuck a skoda logo in the back just to make it look legit. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

well no at least from the same continent. So since it's been over a day I'll post the answer 

The answer to Gummybr's quiz is the Rover Metro 

image.png.488c0b8f4f46067711ac18f161e2127e.png

There is one for sale on a local car-selling website (vehicle shed). Listed as a Rover Metro. Looks legit apart from the Skoda Logo on the rear door. However when you run the number in the DMT app turns out is is registered as a 1987 Skoda 130L. 

My guess is that the Rover's actual CR is being used to run a dodgy mini somewhere so somebody probably decided to use a rusted up Skoda book for the Rover and stuck a skoda logo in the back just to make it look legit. 

I still cant understand how a leasing company gave a lease for something like this, surely the valuation guy should have raised a red flag. 

Go ahead and give us a new one to search.

11 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

Made by the European company of a US major manufacturer to AVENGE moRe sales from the Brit cars.

that rear light was too obvious wasn't it :D ? yes indeed it reminds you of a man who came down from the hills to avenge for something :D with the answer dangling on a string maybe we wait for someone else to take it? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matroska said:

that rear light was too obvious wasn't it :D ? yes indeed it reminds you of a man who came down from the hills to avenge for something :D with the answer dangling on a string maybe we wait for someone else to take it? 

Yes the lights, I wanted to post is sometime ago. There were few examples for sale so wasnt hard.

Lets wait for the others, what happened to the newbie?

6 hours ago, matroska said:

Do we have any Tigers ? Never seen one...someone should buy one of these and build a tiger.

11 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Made by the European company of a US major manufacturer to AVENGE moRe sales from the Brit cars.

11 hours ago, matroska said:

man who came down from the hills to avenge for something

Atp the entire answer is out in plain sight xD
Hillman Avenger