• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drag Racers Beware

VVTi

Where I live there are a few monkey with WRXs or Honda Julolas running up and down most Fridays and Saturday nights. Its just a matter of time before they climb a wall or a tree becomeing one with thier cars... ;)

No one will miss a drunk show-off monkey killing themselves in their daddy's flashy car, (recent history has shown us this) but what will become of the poor hapless road user who was going home after a hard day's work if he happened to get in the way of the said monkey?

absolutely...

folks who drag have chosen to put their lives at risk so even if something were to go wrong. they have chose that path.

It's in no way fair that another road user getting in harms way to satisfy the thrills of a few.

Road racing on regular roads should not be allowed and should never be glorified IMO.

If you wanna race, go and do it in a track. Or even in a closed out section of a road, the proper way.

Hats off to the Police for curbing this as public roads should never ever be allowed for this unless the road was closed by getting prior permission !!!

absolutely...

folks who drag have chosen to put their lives at risk so even if something were to go wrong. they have chose that path.

It's in no way fair that another road user getting in harms way to satisfy the thrills of a few.

Road racing on regular roads should not be allowed and should never be glorified IMO.

If you wanna race, go and do it in a track. Or even in a closed out section of a road, the proper way.

I'm personnaly a huge fan of street racing,I really enjoy racing.But I'd like to make a small request from all the street racers if they are watching this thread.We all love to race but make sure the public is not in danger,try racing on a closed road if possible,there are many inexperienced drivers after the tax slash,so better think about this too.I was really mad at a friend of mine who infact was caught drunk and racing,he had beaten the police officer,however he was caught.The case is now over.So all the racers make sure you are NOT DRUNK,and make sure there is no chance of incomming traffic.

Race Safe

Edited by CyRaX

Well, it would be interesting if some cops decided to shoot the tires of these racers... would be interesting to see how far these Fart Cannons can fly with a driver with a bullet in the head... you know our cops, they are lousy shots... :):violent-smiley-099:

Well, it would be interesting if some cops decided to shoot the tires of these racers... would be interesting to see how far these Fart Cannons can fly with a driver with a bullet in the head... you know our cops, they are lousy shots... :):violent-smiley-099:

:action-smiley-060::action-smiley-060::D

Well the thing is the old drag crowd,circa 2004/05,used to do it properly(well ,s proper as street racing can be anyway).Nowadays these FB drags are organized by posers who just wanna show off to their female Facebook friends.

• Like 3

I'm personnaly a huge fan of street racing,I really enjoy racing.But I'd like to make a small request from all the street racers if they are watching this thread.We all love to race but make sure the public is not in danger,try racing on a closed road if possible,there are many inexperienced drivers after the tax slash,so better think about this too.I was really mad at a friend of mine who infact was caught drunk and racing,he had beaten the police officer,however he was caught.The case is now over.So all the racers make sure you are NOT DRUNK,and make sure there is no chance of incomming traffic.

Race Safe

If he outran the cop, how did he get caught? :unsure:

I'v seen them near the famous meeting point pila. bikers are wheeling and driving in the wrong direction in one way roads... loud engine revs and back fires.. they start in the GP, then go to some other place and when they are driven away by cops they are going to the marine drive, driving all of the vehicles like in a race and making all the cops pissed off on the way.. They make too much of waves and gaining too much of attention too! havent seen any familiar faces there now. most are some new guys. This isnt a good time for drags it seems.

Edited by da coolest

racing is a good thing ,but seriously i agree with you guys ,newbies starting up events around and drags what do you see some tricked out civics and beltas so on , trying there bst to race .wonder if they can even handle them cars at high speeds.

wth all due respect to all the drag race kings back in the day

Who are these morons on loud bikes that race around on Marine drive and surrounding areas on friday/saturday nights? Have nearly had accidents more than once due to their reckless overtaking of cars from every side. Once saw a crowd of them held up by a traffic cop at the Kollupitiya Junction but no doubt they got away judging by the noise I could later hear far away.

Fricking idiots seem to have no thought for other people on the road. Yes offense, if any of you or your friends are involved.

True,back then drags were done in a more ethical manner,but most of these new wanna be racers race just to show off,there are a few extremely good racers,but most race to show I'm The Man.Really sad about this.But there are atleast a few ethical racers who race for that feel.

And yes hat's off to the racers back then,but there were a few bikers as I can remember who messed things up back then.Really wish those days would come back again :(

Edited by CyRaX

racing is a good thing ,but seriously i agree with you guys ,newbies starting up events around and drags what do you see some tricked out civics and beltas so on , trying there bst to race .wonder if they can even handle them cars at high speeds.

wth all due respect to all the drag race kings back in the day

+1

I was channel surfing today and saw the most darndest thing... a Sri Lankan soda pop singer singing about drags with some drag visuals (Honda Julolas driven around in fast frames) and gone all Fast and the Furious-ish... complete with a skinny flat chested bimbo doing some thing of a woeful rap about her tyre puncture during a drag or something like that... ;)

I tell you.... country going bonkers... ;)

• Like 1

I was channel surfing today and saw the most darndest thing... a Sri Lankan soda pop singer singing about drags with some drag visuals (Honda Julolas driven around in fast frames) and gone all Fast and the Furious-ish... complete with a skinny flat chested bimbo doing some thing of a woeful rap about her tyre puncture during a drag or something like that... ;)

I tell you.... country going bonkers... ;)

i wanna see i wanna see... whoever knows this song please share a link :)

I suppose this is what happens when all you gotta do to get a driver's licence is to prove that you can drive a vehicle forwards, reverse into a lane and then stop.

And the ability to grease palms. Because it is invaluable ability for when one is stopped by cops for drag racing.

i wanna see i wanna see... whoever knows this song please share a link :)

It was tragically funny machang. Sad actually. No identity, just a bad imitation of a random B Grade rap act from Bulgaria or something... :)

It was on that atrocious channel C... :)

And the funniest part was they show a 'drag' between a tarted up EG8 and, get this, a Honda Fit Aria... :) And all running at a slightly faster frame rate... like those old Knight Rider episodes... :) What they sing about, only they seem to know. It was a sort of a love quadrangle between a flat chested chick and some girlish looking guys and a few tarted up cars.

Guess the new generation of 'dragsters' must be heavily influenced by stuff like this.

Hak Hak Hak!!!

• Like 1