• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Agents – Not Offering Model For Permit

monty

Guys,

Just need some info on this. It seems some agents do not offer certain models (they already sell brand new) for permit holders. I just want to know whether there is a particular regulation on this or whether the agents themselves have the sole right to decide on what models they offer for permit holders. One of my permit holder friends was interested in a particular model and had called up the agent to check. To his surprise they have stated that they do not offer that particular model for permit holders. I personally feel this is very unfair, but would like to know your thoughts.

Cheers!

one possibilities is that those vehicles might not fit in to the engine capacity limitations of the permit.

Tt would be very nice If you came up with more details (Ex-The manufacturer, The model, The agent, etc

Edited by nano31

one possibilities is that those vehicles might not fit in to the engine capacity limitations of the permit.

Tt would be very nice If you came up with more details (Ex-The manufacturer, The model, The agent, etc

Thanks nano31. But the models are well within the engine capacity limitations allowed. The Hyundai Tucson Petrol (2.0) is not offered on permit and so is the new Elantra. I also heard that the new Civic is also not offered for permit holders these days. Strange :unsure:

Guys,

Just need some info on this. It seems some agents do not offer certain models (they already sell brand new) for permit holders. I just want to know whether there is a particular regulation on this or whether the agents themselves have the sole right to decide on what models they offer for permit holders. One of my permit holder friends was interested in a particular model and had called up the agent to check. To his surprise they have stated that they do not offer that particular model for permit holders. I personally feel this is very unfair, but would like to know your thoughts.

Cheers!

Constraints for permit vehicles are

1. engine capacity limitations

2. CIF value limitations (CIF <= $25000)

3. Supply and demand limitations

if a model cannot meet any of the above limitations, it will not be offered.

Constraints for permit vehicles are

1. engine capacity limitations

2. CIF value limitations (CIF <= $25000)

3. Supply and demand limitations

if a model cannot meet any of the above limitations, it will not be offered.

Crosswind, seems the models I referred above are within the constraints you have stated in points 1 and 2.

With regard to the third point on supply and demand limitations - The agents do offer these models for non-permit holders without any problems at all. Even if the demand for a model is high. So it seems they are giving second priority for permit holders anyway.

Crosswind, seems the models I referred above are within the constraints you have stated in points 1 and 2.

With regard to the third point on supply and demand limitations - The agents do offer these models for non-permit holders without any problems at all. Even if the demand for a model is high. So it seems they are giving second priority for permit holders anyway.

It's not a matter of priority but the difference in the permit mechanism as opposed to regular sales. As a permit holder, you are buying a vehicle from the manufacturer or a distributor, not from the local agent. The agent merely acts as the middleman for a permit-based purchase. Depending on the global demand, the distributor may or may not decide to accommodate individual sales from Sri Lanka. Permits are merely a pain for them because they have to deal with single orders, as opposed to bulk orders. Permits are also a pain to local dealers because they don't add up to their sales targets. When permits get issued, the sales forecasts go wayward so its a pain for suppliers too. And most of all, permits are a pain to the other motorists in Sri Lanka, because permit holders as supposed to be intelligent educated people but they end up asking the dumbest questions possible.

• Like 1

It's not a matter of priority but the difference in the permit mechanism as opposed to regular sales. As a permit holder, you are buying a vehicle from the manufacturer or a distributor, not from the local agent. The agent merely acts as the middleman for a permit-based purchase. Depending on the global demand, the distributor may or may not decide to accommodate individual sales from Sri Lanka. Permits are merely a pain for them because they have to deal with single orders, as opposed to bulk orders. Permits are also a pain to local dealers because they don't add up to their sales targets. When permits get issued, the sales forecasts go wayward so its a pain for suppliers too. And most of all, permits are a pain to the other motorists in Sri Lanka, because permit holders as supposed to be intelligent educated people but they end up asking the dumbest questions possible.

And dumbest driving-Genu paradai-