• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Performance Modifications On Prius Gen 3

Prius

no what Im trying to say is a prius can be modified to get a reasonable amount of addition power, not trying to tell thats its like an icon for mods like lancers, civics

Yes it can possibly be modified, but there's no point. It's like taking healthy brown bread and apply gobs of mayo on it to make a sandwich. Pointless.

Edited by Big_D
  • Like 2

u know the guys here who talkin about prius performance have u driven a prius first of all? before u talk of performance do a test drive (if u were allowed that is..)

Yes, its a green car but the idea is when u want power u got it. These so called normal cars, 90% what u see on the roads here are not efficient nor got any kick ass power u talk of.

i could be wrong but which family sedan produces 145Bhp at stock?

Harrier hybrid total output 325BHP, far more than a normal Harrier any idea y? Modifying a hybrid is not pointless its actually efficient....

u know the guys here who talkin about prius performance have u driven a prius first of all? before u talk of performance do a test drive (if u were allowed that is..)

Yes, its a green car but the idea is when u want power u got it. These so called normal cars, 90% what u see on the roads here are not efficient nor got any kick ass power u talk of.

Harrier hybrid total output 325BHP, far more than a normal Harrier any idea y? Modifying a hybrid is not pointless its actually efficient....

1. yes u have driven priass's and yes it has some considerable power (even though there is not much fun driving like a manual)

2. if what your after is hosepower and stuff, why dont u buy a honda CRX in the first place or why not a subaru imprezza or a mitsubishi lancer evo? why Ruin a car that is made to save the trees?

well i don't think prius drivers can't take sudden sound effect of fart cannon when petrol engine kick in and suddently fart cannon start to work they end up in side of the road in trees paddy fields and light poles etc... :D

hahaha true true :D they will be with there precious tree's :D

1. yes u have driven priass's and yes it has some considerable power (even though there is not much fun driving like a manual)

2. if what your after is hosepower and stuff, why dont u buy a honda CRX in the first place or why not a subaru imprezza or a mitsubishi lancer evo? why Ruin a car that is made to save the trees?

In that case y don't every1 go n buy a CRX n say i got a performance car... why do ppl even bother modifing stock cars?

If performance is not a thing to consider in hybrids, why Toyota hybrid line up is more powerfull than the non-hybrids?

Y Honda made CRZ a hybrid? they must be really stupid like some AL members state here... Maybe they should read AL forum and get some super brilliant ideas..

In that case y don't every1 go n buy a CRX n say i got a performance car... why do ppl even bother modifing stock cars?

If performance is not a thing to consider in hybrids, why Toyota hybrid line up is more powerfull than the non-hybrids?

Y Honda made CRZ a hybrid? they must be really stupid like some AL members state here... Maybe they should read AL forum and get some super brilliant ideas..

did you consider the reason its faster is that the body is lighter than the Real car ver.? which is not made out of cheap materiel? which they have to or when your running from the battery motor you need even more pulling power?

and then to SELL the car they made it more powerfull? if you had a normal BHP ver of the hybrid, would you really buy it? nope.

and if you think that tuneing up a normal car and tunieing a hybrid is the same thing. you my friend are smoking some deep shit.

IMO hybrids should kept stock, to serve there main purpose.where as the other cars. no one made them to save the planet or fuel in the first place.

Im not saying that the hybrids are bad or something. im saying tuneing them up is stupid. specially prius's

for a car that even the alloy wheels are having hubcaps to cut through the air more, for more aerodynamics to make it more efficient. its useless.

• Like 1

Do you realize that in reality we only use around 20-30hp for our regular commutes? The numbers you're spewing out are only good when you're close to red lining the engine, which 95% of us will never do. So, whats the point in arguing about who makes the more powerful hybrid, and more to the point, modifying a hybrid?

The Honda CR-Z is not a performance car. It's a car which is small enough to make use of engines designed for bigger cars, for better performance while maintaining decent fuel economy, the same the CRX did back in 1984. Maybe if someone put a 1NZ-FE in a Vitz, you'll see the same. Oh wait, Toyota already did. I think they call it the Vitz RS.

• Like 1

interesting according to this prius third generation only have 99hp http://specs.cars-di...rius/2009_1028/

ever heard of carina gt=165bhp nissan primera=150bhp lancer ck4=175bph honda accord euro R=220bhp the list goes on and on and even some diesel euros put more bhp than prius.

the reason everyone telling modifying a prius is useless is car like prius is build for save fuel and run eco friendly as possible not for performance and racing beside who will buy a prius for performance they buy it for tax cut good fuel mileage and for brand badge someone want performance they will go for a car like subaru impreza wrx they will not go for a prius.

Edited by nexus

Toyota and Honda Hybrids are 2 different designes. Honda hybrids are the cars u guyz are talking about usless modifieng and u wont get much from it. But toyota is a different ball game. What their main idea is on demand power. Say your stuck in a traffic just cos u have a 300BHP Subaru u keep doing a burn out and keep it at 300BHP is it or u use power when u need it?

Modifying a prius (doesn't mean turbo nitros bla blah) is same as u tring to get a normal car to get lil bit that extra power when u need. nothing more. Just cos u throw in a performance filter n get 5Bhp more like any other ordinary civic or whatever... whats the harm in that? If thats stupid then performance mod for a normal also stupid. cos they to are designed for normal use not for modifying.

Nexus: Prius engine power is 99 combined power is 145. And your list, all performance cars not family sedans. What is the power of a carina Ti? 95 BHP? CK4? wow! great family car....

Edited by xlr8r

nexus are you outta ur mind? this hilarious the "pathfinder" of AL saying that the prius is got 99hp. You lack basic automotive knowledge, and also common sense. Only think you know to do is correct spelling mistakes.btw ur replies are grammatically wrong

Toyota and Honda Hybrids are 2 different designes. Honda hybrids are the cars u guyz are talking about usless modifieng and u wont get much from it. But toyota is a different ball game. What their main idea is on demand power. Say your stuck in a traffic just cos u have a 300BHP Subaru u keep doing a burn out and keep it at 300BHP is it or u use power when u need it?

Modifying a prius (doesn't mean turbo nitros bla blah) is same as u tring to get a normal car to get lil bit that extra power when u need. nothing more. Just cos u throw in a performance filter n get 5Bhp more like any other ordinary civic or whatever... whats the harm in that? If thats stupid then performance mod for a normal also stupid. cos they to are designed for normal use not for modifying.

Nexus: Prius engine power is 99 combined power is 145. And your list, all performance cars not family sedans. What is the power of a carina Ti? 95 BHP? CK4? wow! great family car....

typical prius owner..

1.Ever heard about the Honda Insight Mugen rr and the Civic Hybrid Type R?

with more aerodynamic they increase 10% more power?

2. only a showing off baboon will rev a car in a traffic jam. and not every subaru, lancer owners are that stupid

4. i donno weather your noticing or not, but here we are talking about Performance mods for a prius. even though they will be small mods. it will still ruin its purpose, like i said. the car is designed beyond any other car to be more efficient.

5. they are all 5 seater 4 door cars they can be Very well be use for family sedans and originally they dont provide a lot of noise as well. so perfect for family sedan use. in all of them. you get good leg space, a big boot and all the things you need in a sedan. and they never market them as performace cars. just beefed up family cars (originally)

oh well im out of this thread... no need to feed the trolls like peri pointed out.

nexus are you outta ur mind? this hilarious the "pathfinder" of AL saying that the prius is got 99hp. You lack basic automotive knowledge, and also common sense. Only think you know to do is correct spelling mistakes.btw ur replies are grammatically wrong

it's good to see you finally learn your lesson and use proper writing style this time not some sms writing style.

any ways which part you don't understand about according to this i guess your mind is too retard to understand about that. you telling me that i lack basic automotive knowledge now this is hilarious you are the guy who say toyota belta 1.0l do 18kmpl not me why your belta is broken try to achieve 18kmpl or the rolling road is broken.

it's funny you say i lack common sense you are the guy who going to win the dumbass of the year award not me and you are the guy who share your wife with your cousin not me jacka**. now you try to be english grammar expert trust me it doesn't suit you like commenting in this site doesn't suit you.

btw what have to all of this do with Pathfinder it just a name retard.

Edited by nexus

:lol: ......you are the first guy to tell those cars are not family sedans if you call them performance cars what you call cars like ferraris lamborghinis maseratis and nissan GTR family cars? fyi carina ti have 100bhp and most of the bmw's and mercedes benz's have more bhp than prius. :rolleyes:

Edited by nexus

typical prius owner..

1.Ever heard about the Honda Insight Mugen rr and the Civic Hybrid Type R?

with more aerodynamic they increase 10% more power?

2. only a showing off baboon will rev a car in a traffic jam. and not every subaru, lancer owners are that stupid

4. i donno weather your noticing or not, but here we are talking about Performance mods for a prius. even though they will be small mods. it will still ruin its purpose, like i said. the car is designed beyond any other car to be more efficient.

5. they are all 5 seater 4 door cars they can be Very well be use for family sedans and originally they dont provide a lot of noise as well. so perfect for family sedan use. in all of them. you get good leg space, a big boot and all the things you need in a sedan. and they never market them as performace cars. just beefed up family cars (originally)

oh well im out of this thread... no need to feed the trolls like peri pointed out.

I don't own a Prius i own a civic Hybrid.

1. Really there is a Civic Hybrid TypeR? where do u get them if u can direct a site for it pls. or is it the MXST u referring to?

2. Point was u don't actually use max power all the time. It was just an example.

3. i know its Prius but like i said so are normal cars, they too not made for modifications. that's why u will loose the warranty if u do.

4. in that case why these so called family sedan WRX, Evo, Carina GT are not seen much on the road? i didn't know ppl buy these to go to the grocery.

Anywayz think its a pointless thread. Hey its a free country right? let ppl do what they want..

For the guyz who mock about Prius.... I cant understand what their problem is... Is it that u cant own one or is it really a bad car?

For the guyz who mock about Prius.... I cant understand what their problem is... Is it that u cant own one or is it really a bad car?

ok let's clear this up we don't hate prius we hate it's hype in fact prius is one of the most over hyped and over rated cars in history in top of that most of the prius owners have self centered,smug,i'm intelligent than everyone,prius is the best car in the world,i have a hybrid so everyone is below me like attitude that's what we hate not prius.

Edited by nexus

ok let's clear this up we don't hate prius we hate it's hype in fact prius is one of the most over hyped and over rated cars in history in top of that most of the prius owners have self centered,smug,i'm intelligent than everyone,prius is the best car in the world,i have a hybrid so everyone is below me like attitude that's what we hate not prius.

nhaaa dont waste your energy macho, prius owners will always be prius owners.

they still don't get the gist of what we are saying, because there brains are clogged with smug.

FYI no one said we HATE prius. i actually like the prius a bit.. good to use as a second car IMO, but against modifying it to loose its main purpose.

nexus mate. lets not feed the trolls anymore :)

Edited by Schiffer

i have just one thing to say... any of you who thinks that modifying a prius for performance gains is the thing to do, this is what its like, its is like buying a knife to play cricket.. it just wasnt build for that.. now dont tell me other petrol powered cars are not meant to be modified.. because people will not make after market mods for cars if they were not meant to be... and the reason why we dont have a lot of carina GT's and other sport sedans is because our people have bad taste and tax cuts... and we can all see that in SL roads...

mmmm i dnt see any humor in this, a prius can be modified and added with considerable amount of bhp n torque. Since its drag coeficicent is vey low I think that this is a good machine for performance mods.

plus i have seen plenty of swifts, march's n even mini minors with performance mods

thats because swifts, march's, and the mini minor all have their sport variants.... so this thread is rather hilarious...

Guys these are moronic trolls who have nothing else to do than waste others time with retarded arguments, like peri said dont bite.

ab0dop.jpg

Edited by The Stig