• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing Cheverolet Camaro And 300C To Srilanka

ravindu996

Wow, you know how to go see a member's profile? daam! Did you learn that at your internship at intel :rolleyes:

Actually, If you expect me to say 'no my ride is XXX with YY horsepower', sorry to disappoint you. Right now where I am, I dont have the vitara either. And you wanna know what my ride is or my daily ride? The only vehicle I own here is a mountain bike. And my daily ride to work is a bus. I'm a few million bucks in debt from my student loans, and considering the prices of cars here I dont see myself buying one anytime soon either. And I have no problem saying it out loud.

then you shoudnt be rude to other people or show envy towards them its a really bad habit to have.. fix up mellow.gif

Edited by ravindu996

yeah dude.. coming on this forum has changed my opinion of most sri lankans in sri lanka man... i hope not everyone is like that..

Yep, not everyone's as nice and straight forward like us. Or would you rather someone tell you "yes putha, that's a very special car you have putha! excellent car! I can help you get it through customs putha, but I need to do some 'paperwork', send me Rs.100,000 through western union and I'll have everything ready for you putha!".

You come here with your deep pocket's and over-enthusiasm you'll have plenty of people who come to you with business plans butter you up and disappear with your investment. And before you know it, you'll be back in the UK with pockets much shallower than they were before. You're not the first non-local who wanted to start their own business and you wont be the first to be played out by your local 'manager' or 'partner' or whoever.

• Like 1

then you shoudnt be rude to other people or show envy towards them its a really bad habit to have.. fix up

Ok malli thank you for the advice. Your car's awesome, i wish i can have it. By the way I have a awesome business idea. My business projection says you can start seeing profits within 18 months. Everything is ready. can you send me GBP 200.00 to print bind and fed-ex it to you? We can use western union, its the fastest way to send money overseas. You can trust me malli! Malli baya wennna epa! We will be great business partners!

Ok malli thank you for the advice. Your car's awesome, i wish i can have it. By the way I have a awesome business idea. My business projection says you can start seeing profits within 18 months. Everything is ready. can you send me GBP 200.00 to print bind and fed-ex it to you? We can use western union, its the fastest way to send money overseas. You can trust me malli! Malli baya wennna epa! We will be great business partners!

i dont wanna go into business with strangers but thanks for the offer wink.gif... i came here seeking for advice on how to import my cars to SL not to start a business relationship..

while im doing my internship i get paid while learning at intel... i did buy myself a 2003 honda civic with my first months salary and i drive it on a provisional license so is that info enough for you?

I see you like talking big Mr Ravindu, and I've enjoyed it immensely, but when you said you drive on a provisional license, it just made me laugh so much!

For all you non-UK people, the prov license is the equivalent to a learner's permit where you can't even go on the road with it ! You can't get behind the wheel of a car in the UK on your own until you're 17, but with a provisional license you can sort of play with the horn, start the engine and drive in a learner's school premises. Noone will sell a car to a person without a full license and noone will register it in your name. So this 2003 Honda Civic is a toy one? A remote control one? Surely three months "salary" would've got you something better? Lol so funny Ravindu...

Lol, thank you Ravindu for shamelessly sticking up for yourself, I really needed a good laugh, cos today's been so boring!

Could someone please tell me that intel hires only graduates for internship programs too, so that I can laugh again in an hour or so?

I see you like talking big Mr Ravindu, and I've enjoyed it immensely, but when you said you drive on a provisional license, it just made me laugh so much!

For all you non-UK people, the prov license is the equivalent to a learner's permit where you can't even go on the road with it ! You can't get behind the wheel of a car in the UK on your own until you're 17, but with a provisional license you can sort of play with the horn, start the engine and drive in a learner's school premises. Noone will sell a car to a person without a full license and noone will register it in your name. So this 2003 Honda Civic is a toy one? A remote control one? Surely three months "salary" would've got you something better? Lol so funny Ravindu...

Lol, thank you Ravindu for shamelessly sticking up for yourself, I really needed a good laugh, cos today's been so boring!

Could someone please tell me that intel hires only graduates for internship programs too, so that I can laugh again in an hour or so?

when i said MY... doesnt what belongs to your parents belong to you aswell... atleast thats how my parents treat me...

well let me explain to you what a provisional license is... a provisional license is issued at 16 now if you are a british citizen you can check it on the dvla website... you can drive under a provisional license in the uk if someone in your family is insured under a grade A insurance policy which i am under... so this means i can drive with my provisional license also you need to have L boards on your car... if i didnt have someone in a grade A insurance policy this means when i drive there always needs to be someone in the car with a full driving license..

cut me some slack...

Edited by ravindu996

when i said MY... doesnt what belongs to your parents belong to you aswell... atleast thats how my parents treat me...

well let me explain to you what a provisional license is... a provisional license is issued at 16 now if you are a british citizen you can check it on the dvla website... you can drive under a provisional license in the uk if someone in your family is insured under a grade A insurance policy which i am under... so this means i can drive with my provisional license also you need to have L boards on your car... if i didnt have someone in a grade A insurance policy this means when i drive there always needs to be someone in the car with a full driving license..

cut me some slack...

Oh dear... you just dug yourself in even deeper sonny...

The mental image of that bright yellow Camaro with L plates is gonna keep me entertained for the rest of the day! So thanks for that! :lol:

cut me some slack...

Isn't it embarrassing to drive a Camaro SS or whatever you want it to be with a L Board?

• Like 2

ShintaroX San, I give you what you want... :) Please continue to laugh... :)

At Intel UK, we are interested in helping you find work that is just right for skills and aspirations. Because when you find a career that fits, inspiration accelerates.

There are many opportunities available at various stages in your education. If you are an undergraduate student at university, we have 13–month industrial placements in various business and engineering functions. If you have graduated in the last 18 months, we have graduate positions to start your career path and make a difference at Intel right away.

Wonder if it's a provisional internship too? :):action-smiley-060:

Edited by VVTi

i dont wanna go into business with strangers but thanks for the offer wink.gif... i came here seeking for advice on how to import my cars to SL not to start a business relationship..

So you dont do business with strangers? :D

So everyone who comes for whatever product or service in the future has ot be a family member or friend is it?

I bet your internship's in the 'Intel' saless department. Such profound business knowledge :D

dude do you live in preston road? This car is parked at the local pub "The Preston" everyday.. If that's the case i believe your dad is an Indian in his early 30's! <_< <_<

Can the OP please answer this :D

• Like 2