• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A New Way Of Cheating At Fuel Sheds In Sl !!

Chathurike

This is pathetic,

Its so sad , someone decided to insult a good dealer using AL. Im sure all forum users are aware of the truth and hats off to the dealer who had guts to talk. And for the pussies tried the wrong way, May rot in hell!!

MINIACE

machan did you read all the posts in this thread? you may want to, just saying.

Moderator,

one Mr, Dumi##a contacted me regarding the petrol distribution center matter from his mobile 0778239603. He had a long discussion on this matter he is the manager on the said fuel D/C. I got the owners Mr. Nimal perera's mobile number from him 0714904898. He want me to come and check up the set up, he has fully computerized system. According to him it is 100% perfect, cannot be cheated. He informs me because this is a new distribution center to the area other distributors are angry with him and they have teemed up got this person from kandy to post this post.

Corporation dad checked up the matter already.

It is left to you to sort out this matter and if some one post a post he must be responsible to that post.

I only verified from the relevant authorities reference given on said post.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

he asked you to check the pump? do you have 50 years experience repairing these computerized pumps? What good will you looking at the pump do?

If I was the owner and I saw this thread I would have un- "fixed" the pumps right away to avoid the risk of getting caught. Also, wasn't it you that told us that there were previous complaints against him? Did the owner offer you a happy ending during the conversation for you to suddenly change your stance?

'CyRaX',

You who say I am a fooled, OK that is your opinion

You better get your english straight.''Fool'' and ''Fooled'' gives completely different meanings when added to a sentance.

And I dont see what you've said here ''Please understand if you go to the web

you will find how to hack cell phones domestic

electric meters. Our computers for what reason

we use virus guards? Do not underestimate our capabilities of our

technologists. Only a matter of time they have

get their hands on those circuits then they will

improvise some method to hack any circuit or an

a meter''. have any relavence to my post.

Edited by CyRaX

This is pathetic,

Its so sad , someone decided to insult a good dealer using AL. Im sure all forum users are aware of the truth and hats off to the dealer who had guts to talk. And for the pussies tried the wrong way, May rot in hell!!

MINIACE

I assume you haven't see what kind of a drama this owner was playing, opening up multiple accounts.

He want me to come and check up the set up, he has fully computerized system. According to him it is 100% perfect, cannot be cheated.

We have a saying in the computer industry.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

In short, there is no such thing as a 100% perfect, cannot be cheated system.

Besides, it was the pumpers that were accused to doing some hanky-panky. Its not like someone suggested the owner was getting a cut from the cheated funds. Why this owner is getting so upset as if he was caught doing something wrong... That is a question. If he had any sense, he'll install some CCTV and monitor his employees instead of trying to act like a thug.

• Like 1

You better get your english straight.''Fool'' and ''Fooled'' gives completely different meanings when added to a sentance.

And I dont see what you've said here ''Please understand if you go to the web

you will find how to hack cell phones domestic

electric meters. Our computers for what reason

we use virus guards? Do not underestimate our capabilities of our

technologists. Only a matter of time they have

get their hands on those circuits then they will

improvise some method to hack any circuit or an

a meter''. have any relavence to my post.

'CyRaX',

OK I admit it is wrong impression gives on my post to you as for your explanation. I apologize for same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hmmm....whoever is right here prolly we will never know but the bottom line is you get down at Petrolsheds and watch that pump!

BTW, it would be great if AL can reserve a separate space for reviews on Fuel Stations, Service Centers and Garages, where the members can write their own experience (I know there are a few past threads on these, but they seems to be all over the place:) )

MADZ, something like this, but in a more easily viewable table format perhaps? It would be a wonderful resource....

http://www.autolanka...s-in-sri-lanka/

Edited by liya

oh man... :) this is getting worse by the day! So the shed owner has visited AL office about this too???? :)

lets just say this goes up on FB... what is he gonna do then??? threaten FB?

that poor guy in AL office has no idea about what happens in the forums... poor bugger. i hope he wasn't bullied!

It's one thing to try and defend your position but to go after this in such way just makes the whole thing stink a lot more.

After the initial post by the shed owner...which i thought was fairly decent one... he should've just let it go without having to call in the dogs showing up in different handles. I think that's what made the whole thing worse

• Like 4

Madz I have to disagree with you on this, I think we (those who write on AL) should NAME ANY PETROL SHED/GARAGE/MOTOR SHOP THAT DEALS IN UNDERHAND WORK,thats something we owe it to our society and will help in a small minute way in rooting out corruption

Afterall this is a public forum and Autolanka cannot be held responsible for what forum memebers say (AL should have a disclaimer on this then no one can sue them)

How dare that fellow visit AL office doesnt he know the meaning of a forum?

Hi Guys,

When discussing sensitive matters like this please do not use the full business name unless it's legally proven.

Thanks,

MADZ

• Like 1

Madz I have to disagree with you on this, I think we (those who write on AL) should NAME ANY PETROL SHED/GARAGE/MOTOR SHOP THAT DEALS IN UNDERHAND WORK,thats something we owe it to our society and will help in a small minute way in rooting out corruption

Afterall this is a public forum and Autolanka cannot be held responsible for what forum memebers say (AL should have a disclaimer on this then no one can sue them)

How dare that fellow visit AL office doesnt he know the meaning of a forum?

I agree with you here but i'm sure Madz is concerned cos whatever the heat that gets built up here will only disspate in places where concerned parties can track down to. There are a few people including myself who has somewhat of an open profile on AL. My real identity is not hidden.

So is the case with AL office and people who work there. Naturally with the way certain things are happening, Madz must be a bit worried.

Very few want to put themselves at risk by standing up for what's right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I had a strange experiance yesterday.My car is a corolla 110, I pumped full tank about 4 days back,set the odometer to zero & started running. I ran 260 km,s & the fuel guage was indicating in between 1/2 & 1/4. I went to a shed in Ratmalana to top up the tank. It took 33 liters to to top up the tank. Generaly my car does 9 to 10 km per litre in city. Also there was petrol little lesser to 1/2 tank. The total capacity of the petrol tank is 40 Ltrs. I told the pump attendent this cannot be correct, but left with no choice but to pay. What do you think guys,

Edward

Hi Guys,

I had a strange experiance yesterday.My car is a corolla 110, I pumped full tank about 4 days back,set the odometer to zero & started running. I ran 260 km,s & the fuel guage was indicating in between 1/2 & 1/4. I went to a shed in Ratmalana to top up the tank. It took 33 liters to to top up the tank. Generaly my car does 9 to 10 km per litre in city. Also there was petrol little lesser to 1/2 tank. The total capacity of the petrol tank is 40 Ltrs. I told the pump attendent this cannot be correct, but left with no choice but to pay. What do you think guys,

Edward

I dont think you were cheated.

your kmpl is 9 just do the math, 260/9 = 28.8L

So ideally your car should have used around 29-32L for your trip so 33L sounds right to me.

The problems is that you have a faulty fuel gauge or a faulty potentiometer, just get it checked.

Ok, all of us here who are annoyed and furious over fuel stations ripping us off, how many of us will go back and pay the attendant if by any chance he has under charged you? :) How many of us let the attendant keep the change if the change is only about 20-30 Rupees?

Hi Guys,

Edward

'Edward',

As the previous post by member The Stig says, According to your figures there is a small difference, it is negligible on this traffic you drive.

Do another two checks from different two fuel filling stations, then again do a filling from that station, if you want to verify that filling station has cheated you, then you will be confident to report to Petroleum Corporation for cheating you by the said fuel filling station.

Try to keep your Km and number of fuel consumed records in black and white with all receipts what you get after filling your tank.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Guys,

Edward

I'd like to draw your attention to the link below

http://specs.amayama.com/specs-toyota-corolla-1998-april/2233/

In the specifications section, note the Fuel tank capacity. It says 50 Liters.