• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Or Nissan Tida Latio. Which One Is Best?

flashmark

Hi All,

I'm going to import a Car from Japan.

According to prices I got from car importers following are the best prices.

Honda FIT - Rs 2.5 Mil

Nissan TIDA Latio - Rs 2.8 Mil

What do you think? Which one should I buy? Which one is drive easy?(because this will be my first vehicle :)) What are the advantages and disadvantages of these cars (Fuel consumption, second hand market...etc?

Edited by flashmark

Hi All,

I'm going to import a Car from Japan.

According to prices I got from car importers following are the best prices.

Honda FIT - Rs 2.5 Mil

Nissan TIDA Latio - Rs 2.8 Mil

What do you think? Which one should I buy? Which one is drive easy?(because this will be my first vehicle :)) What are the advantages and disadvantages of these cars (Fuel consumption, second hand market...etc?

Lakmal

considering your needs i think it's best to buy a honda fit because this been your first car it's easy to drive easy to park and have good acceleration and give good fuel mileage and have more ground clearance over nissan tiida and to me honda fit looks good than nissan tiida but that been said nissan tiida is a car and honda fit is a hatchback any ways nissan tiida have more space than honda fit and it's more more comfortable than honda fit.

Nexus has basically covered everything. But if I may add, the Tida is also quite easy to drive.

Both of them dont have much of a good second hand market.

I guess you should buy it for the purpose. If you've got a family and needs space, then go for the Tida. If you dont have this issue then it would be better going for the fit.It's got great acceleration and kinda fun to drive.

Thanks nexus and CyRaX.

Anyone know the reasons for

"Both of them dont have much of a good second hand market." ?

Also I noticed that comparing local market price, both of them seems cheap? Not much demand in japanese auction? Do you know the reasons of it?

And one more thing what are the risks when importing car from japan through vehicle import person? Is it ok to order auction grade 'R' car?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Nissan Tiida for 3.4 million. I should say its a nice ride. Im saying this with experience since Im currently using it and no intention of selling it soon. Nissan Tiida, when it comes to fuel consumption, I think it does good if you are a DECENT driver and not a HEAVY FOOTED one. it did 17 kmpl (outstation) with AC by not letting the RPM meter exceed 2000 mark under any circumstances. maximum of 80 kmph and the average was somewhere around 65 kmph. in city it does around 11 to 12 kmpl with AC. but you should make sure that you keep yo petrol tank filled each 100 kms done or so. its very spacious and a good competitor for the antique Corolla 121. lol. it seems that it hasnt got a good boot space, but open it up and see the space you get it in the boot. and good ground clearance too. and it gotta good foot space. second hand market nissan gotta upper than the Honda.

Are you sure it has more space?

yes i'm sure about that i have ridden in both of them nissan tiida have more leg room than honda fit.

Anyone know the reasons for

"Both of them dont have much of a good second hand market." ?

the easy answer is both of them are not toyota and sure nissan have very good second hand market to but when it comes to tiida well most of the people don't like how its look when comparing with previous nissans it's expensive to maintain and don't give good fuel economy like most of it's competitors.

• 2 months later...

I do agree with you in its looks but not fully :D but completely disagree with the fuel economy. I use a Nissan Tiida and it works around 9-11 kmpl in city and outstation around 15 kmph (with a bit of normal traffic) and 17.3 kmpl with no traffic at all. I was shocked in the first place coz the petrol indicating meter was on "F" and then thought of refuel to see how much did it work on that day, by then I had traveled 52 kms, and it only costed me 3 liters on the dot :D

Im very excited about its performance :)

Edited by Toyota1990

considering your needs i think it's best to buy a honda fit because this been your first car it's easy to drive easy to park and have good acceleration and give good fuel mileage and have more ground clearance over nissan tiida and to me honda fit looks good than nissan tiida but that been said nissan tiida is a car and honda fit is a hatchback any ways nissan tiida have more space than honda fit and it's more more comfortable than honda fit.

Say What now? Don't hatchbacks qualify as cars? :huh:

In the interest of accuracy, since the OP has long since decided...

For the record the Nissan Tiida is a hatchback. The Nissan Tiida Latio is a sedan.

Also for the record, I prefer the Tiida hatch. Tho it seems only the Latio is available here, at least new. I've seen only one hatch on the road.

• 9 years later...

Whether it is good or bad to buy depends on the condition.

If you are looking for a mid-sized hath..then yes...the Tiida Sports is an option along with the Fit, Demio, March and Vitz. Out of the four the Vitz is the most boring and over priced and basic of cars you would find in SL (because 99% of them are 1000cc basic grades). The Demio and Fit are the more funner and engaging cars to drive and the Tiida is mostly the comfy. The Tiida Sports would be a tad larger (and higher in segment) than the March and some of the other options in SL.

Considering the era...you will have to look in to the Nissan CVT issues. Other than that it is a very boring, yet comfy car to run around town in.

Whther it is worth for 3.75mil is totally up to you to decide (and no one else can answer it for you) after looking at the other options available within your budget.