• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Ideas For A Project

jdnet

Hi guys,

I'm finally putting the tribute in the shop for the diesel conversion next week. I'll be left with my old engine and thought it would be nice to put it into use instead of selling it off for scrap since the engine still runs pretty well. Basically I'm trying to find a project for this motor. Does anyone know of any cheap, old car I could stick this motor in? It's a 3.0L Duratec 30 V6. Not worried too much about time since it will be a long term project.

Edited by jdnet

See if you can find an old Toyota KE20. Since its a RWD, you can get yourself a kick ass dragster with some serious WHP on the back wheels.

BTW, was the engine Horizontally or Longitudinally opposed in the Mazda?

KE20 sounds good. Any idea how much they go for? Although I would be looking at a rusted out, broken down one.

The engine is horiontal.

As long as it will fit in there I should be good. Not worried about clearence for the hood.

The idea is to have a smaller car with a bigger engine, IMHO. Perhaps even a B310 would be nice.

Agreed. The smaller and lighter the better. Although the with an engine this size the options would be limited.

Edited by jdnet

Hi guys,

I'm finally putting the tribute in the shop for the diesel conversion next week. I'll be left with my old engine and thought it would be nice to put it into use instead of selling it off for scrap since the engine still runs pretty well. Basically I'm trying to find a project for this motor. Does anyone know of any cheap, old car I could stick this motor in? It's a 3.0L Duratec 30 V6. Not worried too much about time since it will be a long term project.

have u thought of a pug 504 that is big enough and also i think rear wheel drive...can get one for cheap