• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grease Gun

Nishan.dj

Question

Hi friends,

Isn't it good to have a grease gun instead of greasing the nipples of the jeep in each & every service because it may be cost effective and also be able to grease them as and when needed. So I am not having much knowledge to decide whether I buy one. Please advice me. I am having a 4DR5 J44. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

24 answers to this question

Hi friends,

Isn't it good to have a grease gun instead of greasing the nipples of the jeep in each & every service because it may be cost effective and also be able to grease them as and when needed. So I am not having much knowledge to decide whether I buy one. Please advice me. I am having a 4DR5 J44. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

'Nishan.dj'

Grease guns are available in most shops in Panchikawathe. I paid Chinese one Rs.750.00 about one month back.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Nishan.dj'

Grease guns are available in most shops in Panchikawathe. I paid Chinese one Rs.750.00 about one month back.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Just 750 chinese.. Guess its cheaper isn't it? Do they have other makes.. like Japanese, Russian and stuff.. also any sri lankan stuff?

Just 750 chinese.. Guess its cheaper isn't it? Do they have other makes.. like Japanese, Russian and stuff.. also any sri lankan stuff?

'MkX',

I understand your post is not relevant to the topic. There is a deep hidden meaning on same. My reply follows.

As for your post do you want to buy or to have when ever you require a good grease gun attachment, the models you have mentioned there are plenty in Colombo in H shops. The cost will be more than what said in my post.What is preferable for your requirement is it jap, Ru, Sl.

I can give you one advice the best is srilankan very well seasoned model over 3 under 3.5 decades with no productions to use same attachment for some time and pass on to some one.If not you will be in trouble will have to use same for life time.For 58 years of greasing experience in sl, jap, Thai, Cori, USA Sing and wherever I landed.

My post too is not relevant to the topic, Moderator will not object to my reply.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'MkX',

I understand your post is not relevant to the topic. There is a deep hidden meaning on same. My reply follows.

As for your post do you want to buy or to have when ever you require a good grease gun attachment, the models you have mentioned there are plenty in Colombo in H shops. The cost will be more than what said in my post.What is preferable for your requirement is it jap, Ru, Sl.

I can give you one advice the best is srilankan very well seasoned model over 3 under 3.5 decades with no productions to use same attachment for some time and pass on to some one.If not you will be in trouble will have to use same for life time.For 58 years of greasing experience in sl, jap, Thai, Cori, USA Sing and wherever I landed.

My post too is not relevant to the topic, Moderator will not object to my reply.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I need to smoke some crack to even beging to understand this post.

'MkX',

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

wait, are we talking about your minuscule dangling thingy? :blink:

like Jd said really have to smoke something strong to understand that.

Edited by Schiffer

I think you forgot an unmistakeable place made for certain people in the 150 bus rout :rolleyes:

Stig',

I have not used public transport for last 50 years in Srilanka,

After I left the college had vehicles for my use.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Thanks a lot for those who had given the advises and the personal experience on using a grease gun. I visited panchikawaththa and found grease guns made in China, Japan and German. The price is bit lower in Chinese ones and Japanese one was around 2200 and German one was 3750. However the German one has both the rubber horse and a the usual metal one where Japanese one haven't had the rubber horse. It has to buy separately which then the price of a Japanese one would be around 3000. However these prices were in AC P**ls.

Thanks a lot for those who had given the advises and the personal experience on using a grease gun. I visited panchikawaththa and found grease guns made in China, Japan and German. The price is bit lower in Chinese ones and Japanese one was around 2200 and German one was 3750. However the German one has both the rubber horse and a the usual metal one where Japanese one haven't had the rubber horse. It has to buy separately which then the price of a Japanese one would be around 3000. However these prices were in AC P**ls.

'Nishan.dj',

I checked Grease gun with the same shop which I bought mine today morning at Panchi close to ACP, they have with the rubber hose with the gun, that they told me they will give same for rupees 900.00.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

if you plan on using this for years to come, forking out that extra bit and going for a good quality one is what i would do :)

if you plan on using this for years to come, forking out that extra bit and going for a good quality one is what i would do :)

'Ripper'

I agree with your post.If any one buy a auto service tool to go in for reputed brand made in a reputed country.

I have two vehicles which I use grease gun regularly I used a Indian Grease gun and few other tools still I have for twenty years ago bought in India, when India tools industry were not so advanced.Grease gun failed due to piston gave away.

You cannot compare the high slandered of tools what is made in China, like Snap-on tools of USA.

Most countries assemble automobile service accessories today with Chinese spares. I have come across some auto industry service plants manufactured in reputed countries using Chinese spares to assemble them in those countries.Most of electrical units on them were made in China.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

What my friend Ripper said is true. I think the Japanese one is better because It has a rubber cover that can hold it tightly and also some other features over the other products. Its better in quality wise also.