• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Park Your Vehicle And Use Lanes

Newbi

I recently had the privilege of seeing how the best drivers in sri lanka park their vehicles and took some pictures to share with you all. Here they are.

I also had the rare chance of seeing the perfect use of lanes at traffic lights. Hope these pictures help those not versed in this fine art.

parking101.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

parking102.jpg

parking103.jpg

usingthelanes101.jpg

usingthelanes102.jpg

Edited by Newbi

one lil comment on that parking thing...

quite a few times, i've been forced to park not staying true to those guide lines because another j***a$$ had parked starying into to what should've been my space.

And the best is...sometimes when you return to drive away...the j***a$$ had move along and there you are parked like an idiot :P

This has happened to me plenty of times....

• Like 2

one lil comment on that parking thing...

quite a few times, i've been forced to park not staying true to those guide lines because another j***a$$ had parked starying into to what should've been my space.

And the best is...sometimes when you return to drive away...the j***a$$ had move along and there you are parked like an idiot :P

This has happened to me plenty of times....

LOL - I had the same experience this Sunday Fair at Malabe, that idiot has moved his as soon as I parked mine and went. there was a 3 wheel guy who told me the shit happen and how other drivers were pi$$ed off. :P

LOL - I had the same experience this Sunday Fair at Malabe, that idiot has moved his as soon as I parked mine and went. there was a 3 wheel guy who told me the shit happen and how other drivers were pi$$ed off. :P

i find this to be very common in supermarket car parks. folks are in a might rush to park and run, they hardly take the effort to park vehicles properly. Same scene at hospital car parks too...

i find this to be very common in supermarket car parks. folks are in a might rush to park and run, they hardly take the effort to park vehicles properly. Same scene at hospital car parks too...

That doesn't excuse the McDonalds, Rajagiriya customers in the pics :P "Oh my, I'm so hungry I will just stop my car and run inside".... not an excuse :D

It doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen people cutting in line at the drive-thru.

Actually, last time I went there, a chap in a jeep in front of me went into the drive through and then tried to reverse out (nearly running me over) cause he was trying to park, in the end, he went right through the drive through, turned back and parked. :lol:

people who do not stick to one proper lane are really pissing off :@

you will find hell lot these guys in Katugastota

yeah that is begin after the color light have installed and those three wheeler fools going zigzag on the road. :angry:

Ahhh .. a topic close to my heart. :) I'm totally pissed off by drivers who don't understand how to use lanes. Let's excuse the threewheel drivers who are bloody morons and doesn't possess any sense of decency nor probably education. But you would assume those who have enough sense to decide any buy and drive a proper car or an SUV would know how to stick to lanes - proper ones at that, and how to signal and move to the next one.

But on your typical morning afternoon or evening at duplication or the galle road, you will see the morons either hogging two lanes, going all over place or wavering within the lane as if they don't know how to go straight. I've seen that most of the blocks are created by other divers accommodating these strings of morons to correct themselves just before a junction/traffic light or near a policeman.

This is uber-idocacy and I'm tempted to police them on my own and if I had a sort of a disposable vehicle, I just might. :P

The other bunch of dimwits are the ones who take to the '3rd lane' or the opposite lane whenever there is a relatively long block or a queue and expect to butt-in at the top. I hv never, ever in my life let anyone in front of me in such a situation (despite risking my paintjob) but again a lot of timid drivers accommodate them, again creating a further traffic block and a delay for decent, respectable drivers who hv stuck to their lanes.

I guess most of these people do not understand the fact that in traffic, you hv to 'go slow, to go fast' and thus create risky situations for everyone because others are forced to make undesirable moves to manage those few morons.

I truly wish & hope more people will be less timid and not be scared to put those errant few in their places .. or at least in their correct lanes :D

[apologies for the rant!]

• Like 2

<p>

Park it blocking culprits drivers door if the alloted space is crossed.

MINIACE

He he yeah I do this often...if they cant park straight, then they obviously are flexible enough to get in from the passenger door.

Park it blocking culprits drivers door if the alloted space is crossed.

MINIACE

works fine if you dont have a front seat passenger! or willing to risk the paint and the mirrors... :D

some of these guys have absolutely no respect for other people

once i was in the car with the seat fully reclined taking a quick nap while wifey was shopping at a supermarket.

A moronic lady driver parked next to me and opened her door fast and wide it slammed my passenger side door. with not only a dent but a scrape... without even an apology she scooted off.

works fine if you dont have a front seat passenger! or willing to risk the paint and the mirrors... :D

some of these guys have absolutely no respect for other people

once i was in the car with the seat fully reclined taking a quick nap while wifey was shopping at a supermarket.

A moronic lady driver parked next to me and opened her door fast and wide it slammed my passenger side door. with not only a dent but a scrape... without even an apology she scooted off.

Macho, I had the same experience @ Nawaloka car park in a different way, but this time lady said "Sorry Dear"... W$%^&The&*((F??, you slammed my side door and say 'Sorry Dear'? and the conversation went for couple of seconds... there you go.. here my wifey comes.,.... Guess what??? my wife starts..."Hiiiii xxxxxx how are you doooinnnnggggg??, hugs, kisses, jumps this that etc..."; I was standing behind...#$%^&? are you both friends? I just had to shut my mouth and close the door - drive home without a word talking to my wife.

yeah that is begin after the color light have installed and those three wheeler fools going zigzag on the road. :angry:

not only three wheel drivers, even van and car drivers specially during morning hours, they just don't stick to one lane and whats worst is they dont use their indicators when changing lanes

i remember once a semi-truck almost rammed into a bus that changed lane without using his indicator :D

This is a big issue here- there are countless days where I’ve blown my top off because of idiots who can not part and just don’t give a dame about others.

Lanes – lets not even get there……… I really don’t see the need to have lines (White /yellow or any other color) marks on the road as our people have no clue….. might as well save that money to build another stretch of road.

All this has to be blamed on the issuing of driving licenses- even the amount of accidents reported on news are mainly due to negligence or pure down right stupidity. Drunk driving related ones are way behind.

Simply because there’s no proper process of getting a license …. A few green notes here & and there ---- is all it takes

- drive home without a word talking to my wife.

Ohhhhhhh dam …… Had a similar situ but the bad was from my side …. I generally shout (Some times with the shutter down) at idiots who drive stupid….. 1 time shouted at a guy and he happened to be a person who know me….. no end of my wife shunning me as I has to change my tone ….

Ohhhhhhh dam …… Had a similar situ but the bad was from my side …. I generally shout (Some times with the shutter down) at idiots who drive stupid….. 1 time shouted at a guy and he happened to be a person who know me….. no end of my wife shunning me as I has to change my tone ….

Ado Chami, Still you shout at people like old days? :-)