• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ee110 Burning Oil

KFL

Mr Sylvi,

Thank you for your help on the this. I went to meet Mr Mario and he keep my Car at his place for 3 days.

He start to investigate the issue by doing the Tune up and changing the Spark plug.Which I was sure the issue is not with them since I have already try them before. After that he said this issue can be due to carbon build up on the Head area of the engine.So he had a chemical to clean the head area of the engine.Once he did the clean , the problem goes away !!!.

Thanks all for helping me to solve the issue.

'raveeJaya',

As your post says he said he did a tuning and used a chemical. What was the cost. I want to know the cost and are you happy with his work or not?

Keeping the car for three days is bit too long it is one days job.

So that for future reference I can recommend his services.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'raveeJaya',

As your post says he said he did a tuning and used a chemical. What was the cost. I want to know the cost and are you happy with his work or not?

Keeping the car for three days is bit too long it is one days job.

So that for future reference I can recommend his services.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr Sylvi,

Actually Im happy with his work ,since he has solved the issue.But he has done some unnecessary things and added me extra cost.Also in the bill he has mention somethings like adjusting the Distributor measuring piston travel etc..which I believe he has not done. For cleaning the piston and head cost was 4500.

But total bill was 18800.

My recommendation is if you for any repair you better stay with the car and let them do the repair while you waiting. Otherwise they may charge extra cost for the things they have never done.

Mr Sylvi,

Actually Im happy with his work ,since he has solved the issue.But he has done some unnecessary things and added me extra cost.Also in the bill he has mention somethings like adjusting the Distributor measuring piston travel etc..which I believe he has not done. For cleaning the piston and head cost was 4500.

My recommendation is if you for any repair you better stay with the car and let them do the repair while you waiting. Otherwise they may charge extra cost for the things they have never done.

This I find with a lot of "well known" technicians particularly if they consider that you are not very knowledgeable or dependent on them. When I first got my Mirage there was an idle hunting issue, where the idle speed was not stable. Macro auto tech after trying out everything else guessed it might be the ECU but could not prove it since they didn't have a replacement ECU. We took the car to a renowned tuner (so that I do not offend him I shall not mention his name but he is a big name in SL motorsports) and sure enough the man fixed the problem by replacing the ECU. Unfortunately it cost us in excess of 50,000 in 2005, so wasn't very cost effective at all.

Mr Sylvi,

'raveeJaya',

You are perfect correct by your statement, must stay by the side of the car then job will be done quickly, no extra charges will be added to your bill.

I came to know Mr. Mario Dias because he wanted my services and I did same to his satisfaction few years ago.

He said himself, a motor garage owner.

When he was on my work shop a relative of mine rang me up and wanted help as she cannot move her car and it is struck with a wheel problem on the road at Bullers road near Radio Ceylon junction.

I requested him to help her on the way. Which he did very satisfactory by using a breakdown truck taking the vehicle to his garage repairing the differential the bill was few years ago Rupees 15000.00.

She was informed the problem and approximate cost by telephone.

Which was OK as for my relative car was driven to Mallasekara mawhta colombo 07, handed over in four days.

After the job was completed without taking a cent the bill was collected after few days.

I have heard about him before he came to me from leading motor vehicle importers as a very good tuner of engines and he use to solve their ECU problems as well as electronic problems of their imports.

Later I have directed few of my friends to his work shop. they were all satisfied for his work.Although charges were high.

As you said charges are high, may be he had billed you for a job what he has not done. You trusted him and left the vehicle on his hands to do the job.

If you were there you would have saved few thousand rupees. Every day we study people and lessons.Please note all five fingers are not same.

Even I was accused in this forum for quoting rupees 15000.00 for a job about a year ago,

Which the same member did that job on my advice by himself with elbow grease. I do same with a machine.

Today a good mechanic do not work less than rupees 1500.00 for a day helper is about Rupees 800.00. What about other overheads considering all this charges a person have to charge high to do a job, as you say billing for what is not done is not correct. you will think twice to go to the same garage again.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.