• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Another Exotic Arriving In Sl Shortly!

VWvortex

Question

so here is where all the cricket money went... it really saddens me that the number one sport in the country is handicapped because of idiots in office.. as a player it really is disheartening. the money could have been spent to bring players from the rural areas and give them something to look forward too.. but then again it could be mr dharmadasa's hard earned money... errr.. NOT...

Machan, I don't think the statement you have made is politically & factually correct, and think we should not come to any conclusions that he has swindled the cricket board money and has bust it on a Aston Martin. He has enough money of his own mainly thanks to his father starting up the Nawaloka empire, in Sri Lanka you need to have money to make more money, so the rich just keeps on getting super rich while the rest of the population is struggling to make ends meet with their monthly salary.

Anyway I am quite surprised he has opted for a Aston Martin, against a Merc.

That car looks stunning and thanks for putting up the pics, definitely a chic magnet that is with the drop top, Wow.... just imagine driving that babe in to a club.

• Like 1

Machan, I don't think the statement you have made is politically & factually correct, and think we should not come to any conclusions that he has swindled the cricket board money and has bust it on a Aston Martin. He has enough money of his own mainly thanks to his father starting up the Nawaloka empire, in Sri Lanka you need to have money to make more money, so the rich just keeps on getting super rich while the rest of the population is struggling to make ends meet with their monthly salary.

Anyway I am quite surprised he has opted for a Aston Martin, against a Merc.

That car looks stunning and thanks for putting up the pics, definitely a chic magnet that is with the drop top, Wow.... just imagine driving that babe in to a club.

here.. i don't mean to yank anyone's chain.. but really... politically and factually correct? really...are u serious.. this is SL man not some developed country... i may have left to toronto but its still SL... where i can just murder someone on the street and get treatment in aussie or Singapore.. i will say this to the face.. no one can bring a 55 million rupee car on a paycheck and nawaloaka empire... please.. if i was not a god fearing person with a Conscience i would have made millions in SL too... damn my Conscience and up bringing... damn damn damn... but its good to see some exotics in SL... guess no matter how u make money the note doesnt say how it got there does it? its like u can kill kittens to get money but the notes wont meow.. would it...

• Like 1

hno one can bring a 55 million rupee car on a paycheck and nawaloaka empire... please..

Owning Nawaloka is different to getting a paycheck.... think about that. Maybe mods should close this before it turns into a hate thread.

Edited by madmax
  • Like 3

Are we being envious here? :) .. I work for a couple of people who probably make 55 million LKR in about every 10 days. I'm talking about profit, not turnover. They too went from (not exactly) rags to riches but they abhor corruption and maybe are as ethical as you can find anywhere in the world. Infact, they've won global awards for ethics. The problem is ... they drive 6-7 year old Mercs  ... (whereas one of their main competitors in SL drives a 2010/11 GTR!) LOL

There are lot of ways people can make money and for some (like my employers) 55 mill LKR is not a big deal.

Edited by vishkid
  • Like 1

Are we being envious here? :) .. I work for a couple of people who probably make 55 million LKR in about every 10 days. I'm talking about profit, not turnover. They too went from (not exactly) rags to riches but they abhor corruption and maybe are as ethical as you can find anywhere in the world. Infact, they've won global awards for ethics. The problem is ... they drive 6-7 year old Mercs ... (whereas one of their main competitors in SL drives a 2010/11 GTR!) LOL

There are lot of ways people can make money and for some (like my employers) 55 mill LKR is not a big deal.

F off. i am not envious or jealous.. i am perfectly happy with what i get although would like to get more.. and would have got more in SL if i didn't have a religion or have any values instilled in me... .. i know good people too.. but this is SL man., u never know... global awards for ethics.. yeah yeah,, this is the problem.. i dont care if u make the money the wrong way.. dont say u dont... say yeah i make money the wrong way.. so what... stop living in fantasy worlds and accept facts.. i too worked for a multi million dollor firm in SL before i left..... and i know how things work even there... so dont tell me about ethics... dont get hurt... i would gladly accept if i earned money the wrong way,., but i will never say i did it the right way... nor would i ever protect the buggers who do...

this is the problem with the country.. there are always a few buggers to defend any scum.... no offense to people who have earned ethically.. but in our glorious land those are few and far between... again my point is don't deny it.. we all know...

Edited by charitha19

Not trying to be the heroic patriot here but accusing ALL Sri Lankans who have made it in our own country of sacrificing their conscience and religion to do so is pretty darn insulting.

Obviously, the level of corruption here is higher than most but then again we are at a different level of development to the rest of the world. I think it would be a safe assumption that all countries while in the early stages of development were corrupt, so to compare us to Canada is poor logic.

You say you worked at a multi-million dollar firm in Sri Lanka, well so did I, and the no. 2 head of the company at the time (CEO was an expat) earned a bonus for that year only in excess of $1,000,000 USD! So you’re statement about no one being able to buy a LKR 55 million car in Sri Lanka unless they swindle someone is a bit of nonsense really. This guy could have bought 2 Aston Martins just with his bonus, and I can assure you his conscience and religion were very much intact.

It really is saddening when our Diaspora runs our country down to the ground. No doubt we as a country have a long list of things to improve, and I salute you for turning down the opportunity to make money if it contradicted your religion and conscience, but the ranting and generalisations made by people such as yourself could be the very thing that keeps us at the bottom of the ladder!

• Like 8

Not trying to be the heroic patriot here but accusing ALL Sri Lankans who have made it in our own country of sacrificing their conscience and religion to do so is pretty darn insulting.

Obviously, the level of corruption here is higher than most but then again we are at a different level of development to the rest of the world. I think it would be a safe assumption that all countries while in the early stages of development were corrupt, so to compare us to Canada is poor logic.

You say you worked at a multi-million dollar firm in Sri Lanka, well so did I, and the no. 2 head of the company at the time (CEO was an expat) earned a bonus for that year only in excess of $1,000,000 USD! So you’re statement about no one being able to buy a LKR 55 million car in Sri Lanka unless they swindle someone is a bit of nonsense really. This guy could have bought 2 Aston Martins just with his bonus, and I can assure you his conscience and religion were very much intact.

It really is saddening when our Diaspora runs our country down to the ground. No doubt we as a country have a long list of things to improve, and I salute you for turning down the opportunity to make money if it contradicted your religion and conscience, but the ranting and generalisations made by people such as yourself could be the very thing that keeps us at the bottom of the ladder!

did not want to flame the fire but i do agree with you.

Not all rich folks are corrupt and there are plenty people who have enough money to afford cars better than a db9.

just that not all are interested in dumping that sorta money on an automobile.

• Like 1

F off. i am not envious or jealous.. i am perfectly happy with what i get although would like to get more.. and would have got more in SL if i didn't have a religion or have any values instilled in me... .. i know good people too.. but this is SL man., u never know... global awards for ethics.. yeah yeah,, this is the problem.. i dont care if u make the money the wrong way.. dont say u dont... say yeah i make money the wrong way.. so what... stop living in fantasy worlds and accept facts.. i too worked for a multi million dollor firm in SL before i left..... and i know how things work even there... so dont tell me about ethics... dont get hurt... i would gladly accept if i earned money the wrong way,., but i will never say i did it the right way... nor would i ever protect the buggers who do...

this is the problem with the country.. there are always a few buggers to defend any scum.... no offense to people who have earned ethically.. but in our glorious land those are few and far between... again my point is don't deny it.. we all know...

Yeah right mate - hopefully you'll grow out of it someday! :D

Not true. Nawaloka Mudalali (the father of the person is question) went from rags to riches.

There are few such " rags to riches" stories here, but if you look at the bigger picture you will see that most of the Colombo affluent have had family wealth to begin with. And if you look back most of that wealth came from their forefathers sucking up to the British, that's the hard truth.

Getting back to the Aston Martin,... yes it looks nice in black or grey.

i never compared anything to canada.. i dont know much about canada to compare it to anything.. i never said everybody. mate.. i said most of the people.. SL is a great country.. i never wanted to leave... its the people that ruin that country...

There are few such " rags to riches" stories here, but if you look at the bigger picture you will see that most of the Colombo affluent have had family wealth to begin with. And if you look back most of that wealth came from their forefathers sucking up to the British, that's the hard truth.

Getting back to the Aston Martin,... yes it looks nice in black or grey.

this i agree with.. most of the guys i know have their wealth from their families..

I'm not surprised Mr. Upali Darmadasa refused to comment on the car. These days media is just a big hate spreading mechanism. I'm not saying all of these media corporations are, but you know what I'm talking about. And why is it working so well? cos of all these people (not pointing fingers at anyone) who had something go wrong during their development phase when they were growing up and they ended up asking for the most fundamental of needs (look at all those demonstrations everyday), without blaming themselves for the mess they are in and working hard to get out of it. And did I mention they also hated every single person who worked a little harder and got something better than them?

nothing personal. just food for thought

• Like 3

i never compared anything to canada.. i dont know much about canada to compare it to anything.. i never said everybody. mate.. i said most of the people.. SL is a great country.. i never wanted to leave... its the people that ruin that country...

Cheers buddy, wasnt trying to attack you. Just trying to defend those of us who had to work our asses off to build something without influence and the dodgy deals which are all too common here at home. Doing business here involves a lot of risk in a very tough environment and it can be frustrating when you can't even enjoy the fruits of your labor without being deemed as a crook. I noticed another post against me however as it has been taken off I'll drop it.

P.S - I wasn't talking about the expat who was the CEO making the million dollar bonus, it was the no.2 of the company who was a local guy.

Members,

There was a Automobile imported to this country by two decades ( 1980's) back, which was not allowed to import at that time due to cc capacity by the party and it was confiscated by customs.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Oh, really? An Aston Martin? :)

Oh, really? An Aston Martin? :)

'shanX',

It was not A/M. But was a prohibited Vehicle due to said reason on my earlier post. with altered original CR. This was detected by preventive and necessary steps were taken.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

On a slightly related note, saw the red SLS AMG (KS number) and a red Z4 hardtop (unregistered) together at Odel.

Looked awesome together although the Z4 could not simply stand up to the SLS.

I was just thinking that with all the German and Jap and British cars around, what we really need is a red 458 Italia to spice thing up to the max :)

No sign of the DB9 so far?