• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios Vs Honda Fit Aria

Edward

Dear Friends,

My budget is 2.5 million. I am considering the above two cars ( 2003 or 2004 models) my concerns are the below

Maintance

Petrol consumption

Resele value

most of my friends asked me to go for vios, because of easy maintanance. If I buy the Honda do I need to go to the agent for any repairs? If yes I cannot afford. Please give your thoughts.

Edward

My 2005 Vios E Auto does 10 in the city and close to 14 out station (real world figures). Your biggest consideration against the Honda shitty City should be the fact that it has the complicated 7 speed CVT transmission and I believe electric power steering as well.

Edited by terrabytetango

Think both cars are from Thailand , Viso is the better option simply as its a Toyota and the second hand mkt loves a Toyota.

Also much more Vios out there than the City, which means better availability of parts. I alos thing the Vios looks better compared to the City Aria .

Dear Friends,

My budget is 2.5 million. I am considering the above two cars ( 2003 or 2004 models) my concerns are the below

Maintance

Petrol consumption

Resele value

most of my friends asked me to go for vios, because of easy maintanance. If I buy the Honda do I need to go to the agent for any repairs? If yes I cannot afford. Please give your thoughts.

Edward

It'll be some what difficult to find a good condition 2004 Vios or a fit aria for 2.5 million right?

I also like the outer appearance of the vios better than the fit aria. But I hate the leather interior and the center meter console. Other than that when it comes to Maintenance, fuel consumption and resale value Vios has the upper hand. Cant say anything about the comfort and performance because I havent driven any of these, if you search the forum you will be able to find loads of information about these two cars.

For the Fit aria, IMHO you dont need to go for the agent for every repair there are good places that do honda parts and repairs.

Edited by Reckless

It'll be some what difficult to find a good condition 2004 Vios or a fit aria for 2.5 million right?

I also like the outer appearance of the vios better than the fit aria. But I hate the leather interior and the center meter console. Other than that when it comes to Maintenance, fuel consumption and resale value Vios has the upper hand. Cant say anything about the comfort and performance because I havent driven any of these, if you search the forum you will be able to find loads of information about these two cars.

For the Fit aria, IMHO you dont need to go for the agent for every repair there are good places that do honda parts and repairs.

There are a handful Vios' in the country which have the velour(fabric) interior, I was lucky enough to find one such example. It is also devoid of the garish simulated Wood/Aluminium trim. The center gauge cluster may appear to be a pain at first, but it affords one a very clear view of whats in front of them without any distractions. My only qualm about it would the fact that the digital display has the clock capability, but for some reason they chose to place it lower down instead. Performance wise, I've been able to keep up with most other 1NZ-FE powered vehicles out there. Comfort is one area where it lacks, as the suspension is rather stiff, but that makes for a very balanced car with not much body roll when changing direction quickly.

Dear Friends,

Maintance

Petrol consumption

Resele value

Edward

go for vios it's easy to maintain and have a good second hand market to me fit aria pre facelift car is a one of the ugliest cars on the sl today(no disrespect to the fit aria owners) as others said in fit aria you get 7 speed cvt gearbox and fabric interior.

:rolleyes:

what's about statistics of petrol consumption if those two cars?

VIOS does about 10 km/l in the city limits and 12 to 14 km/l outstation (depending on the driving style)

FITARIA does the same. But I noticed some times Fitaira does more than 14 km/l outstation..

About the make both cars from Thailand..apart from the more positive things added in favour of VIOS by the forum members..,I should say Fitaria has more ground clearance ,which will suite to Sri Lankan roads..

There are a handful Vios' in the country which have the velour(fabric) interior, I was lucky enough to find one such example. It is also devoid of the garish simulated Wood/Aluminium trim.

ah I didnt know that mate thought all vios's come with leather interior. :speechless-smiley-004:

• 2 weeks later...

Vios is the only car we had. It has served the purpose of day to day use. Not the best in comfort but is decent.

Fuel it varies very much with the tire pressure and driving style for me. Can do 8-9.5 in city and arnd 12 outstations.

maybe something wrong with the car if anyone claims it shud do more. but i am kinda heavy footed. (It's an auto)

Vios is the only car we had. It has served the purpose of day to day use. Not the best in comfort but is decent.

Fuel it varies very much with the tire pressure and driving style for me. Can do 8-9.5 in city and arnd 12 outstations.

maybe something wrong with the car if anyone claims it shud do more. but i am kinda heavy footed. (It's an auto)

When my father drives my car, it only does about 9 because he drives it like a diesel. On ordinary office days, keeping the RPMs at or below 2000 and reducing unnecessary braking thus preserving momentum, I have consistently racked up 10km/l or better. And all it requires is a bit of patience and allowing the rush hour morons (I wish I could share the number plates of the regulars I see on my daily commute) to have their way instead of competing with them.

• 6 years later...

It's just some info abt fit Aria.

Most of Aria cars were made in Thailand. But sometimes you see it's made in Japan in your register certificate.

The reason is, some aria cars has come to SL as Japanese reconditioned vehicles which imported from Thailand and used in Japan. Then the book stated it as a Japanese vehicle.

See the info tag in the engine room, you'll find that it made in Thailand even the book (register certificate) stated it as made in Japan. 

(Additionally most of the cars which made for Japanese market contains fabric seats instead of leather Eg: Toyota Vios, Hyundai Accent, Mazda Familia)

The engine comes as IDSI or VTEC

The gear box may either CVT or 7 speed trip tonic. There are some complains about 1st gen CVT gearbox. But 7 speed trip tonic is very reliable.